- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Golden Horse liked post by WillowNightwind On thread : how to prepare a young horse to be riddenOP, I can't say I agree with what you are doing but I wish you the best of luck. And I do sincerely hope you do not plan on selling her unless you get much more experienced in the years and retrain...Liked On: Today, 02:39 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:06 PMThree posts in one day, goodness gracious I'm going crazy. DUN DUN DUN.. Welcome to the family little girl. She is a 6 month old POA, and will reach about 12 hands high. My mom is in love.Liked On: Today, 12:36 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:34 PMLots of things have happened in the past month. I switched schools, got contacts, and Rueger grew 1 inch. :shock: He is 14.3 1/2 right now! So close to 15 hands! His base is still very narrow, and I...Liked On: Today, 12:36 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 05:36 PMGolden Horse liked post by beau159 On thread : how to prepare a young horse to be riddenThat is your choice to do so. Make sure you have good medical insurance. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Posted On: 10-17-2014, 11:09 PMGolden Horse liked post by gingerscout On thread : how to prepare a young horse to be riddenI personally wouldn't ask a horse that is 3 or just under 3 to carry a heavy rider at ALL let alone 4-6 days a week, not if you want the horse to remain sound over 8-10 years of age.. the harder they...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:47 AM
Posted On: 10-17-2014, 11:55 AMGolden Horse liked post by natisha On thread : how to prepare a young horse to be riddenI'd let her grow up before asking her to carry a heavy rider. If you don't know the cues or how to teach them are you sure you're the right person to be training her?Liked On: Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Posted On: 10-17-2014, 09:40 AMGolden Horse liked post by Cappaloosa On thread : Is my horse too thin?I get where you're coming from, as the first photo is not a great photo and its hard to depict how healthy his weight actually is there. These are two pictures of my guy taken the same day! The...Liked On: 10-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Posted On: 10-14-2014, 10:31 AMGolden Horse liked post by Hailey1203 On thread : Cowboy MagicBugZapper89. Back off and stop being so negative. The OP asked for advice, not to be degraded. Unfortunately, not everyone has perfectly shiny ponies like you do. It blows my mind that so many...Liked On: 10-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2014, 05:07 PMGolden Horse liked post by nitapitalou On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Well, I finally have a couple of current pictures of me riding. Kinda funny, they ended up being a father and daughter set. Both are English Shires at the ranch I volunteer at. I know I am a bad...Liked On: 10-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Posted On: 10-19-2014, 01:04 PMI may or may not be sitting here with a 2L bottle of Pepsi and a plate of cherry topped new york style cheese cake... I am not saying I am... and not saying i'm not... :oops:Liked On: 10-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Posted On: 10-19-2014, 09:33 PMForget the diet! This calls for the real thing!Liked On: 10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Posted On: 10-19-2014, 09:10 PMGolden Horse liked post by farmpony84 On thread : The MeltdownWhen Pistol started getting up in his age I decided it was time to consider a new horse. It was a really hard decision after so many years together but I decided to breed my moms mare. That's how...Liked On: 10-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Posted On: 10-19-2014, 08:16 PMGolden Horse liked post by Chevylover96 On thread : Spur marks/rubs/sores whatever you want to call them!The roller ball spurs (day 2 of using them) are now working so well! Just as well as my old prince of Wales spurs! Also I ALWAYS ask with just a light squeeze of my calf, then only if that doesn't...Liked On: 10-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Posted On: 10-19-2014, 09:43 AMGolden Horse liked post by pixelsandponies On thread : Spur marks/rubs/sores whatever you want to call them!As many have said, spurs can be a useful tool to gain sensitivity and to teach a horse to respond quickly and effectively to leg. Golden Horse put it well when she said, "I ask nicely, I tell, I...Liked On: 10-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Posted On: 10-18-2014, 01:41 PMGolden Horse liked post by nikelodeon79 On thread : Adventures of a re-rider: breaking through the fearI think I'm destined to not do the playdate this fall. We've had to postpone yet again... it keeps raining a few days before the scheduled date and soaking the arena. Rescheduled for October...Liked On: 10-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Posted On: 10-17-2014, 11:19 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.