- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Golden Horse liked post by KigerQueen On thread : Paint Stallion for Thoroughbred Mare.We need to see pics so we can recommend a stallion that will compliment the mare. some mares have a fault that a stallion with different confo can compliment and the chance of the foal having that...Liked On: Today, 01:28 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 04:50 PMGolden Horse liked post by OutOfTheLoop On thread : Tell me this isn't really happening.....he said she started crying and guilt tripping him and he couldn't say no. I told h now they get to stay here and babysit the dogs and we get to go stay the night in downtown nashville Posted via...Liked On: Today, 01:15 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:19 PMGolden Horse liked post by cakemom On thread : Tell me this isn't really happening.....Or better yet, you a fantastic one and she can stay at ur house. Posted via Mobile Device Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: Today, 01:15 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:16 PMGolden Horse liked post by Blue On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Golden, you didn't commit homicide did you? If not, it's ok. If you did, you don't remember anything except eating a full box of Ding Dongs followed by some Twinkies! Sssshhhh! Hope the harvest...Liked On: Today, 12:44 AM
Posted On: Today, 12:41 AMGolden Horse liked post by jaydee On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Yep it was a severe case of gravity many years ago that gave me this long time back problem!!!!Liked On: Today, 12:07 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 05:17 PMGravity will help anyway...... :wink:Liked On: Today, 12:07 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 04:29 PMWait! Are you going back to 49? I want in on that deal.Liked On: Today, 12:06 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 03:32 PMYay! Congrats!Liked On: Today, 12:06 AM
Posted On: 09-27-2014, 12:23 AMGolden Horse liked post by Change On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Putting it here first: I think I met my horse this afternoon. 6 y/o brown (registered as a bay, but no, brown) QH mare. 15h. Still a tad green - she wasn't started until 4.5. Attentive and willing...Liked On: Today, 12:05 AM
Posted On: 09-24-2014, 12:56 AMGolden Horse liked post by IrishNewRider On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Please excuse me if I am on the wrong thread, I cant find the star new topic even though I followed instructions: Question; I am a novice rider aged 61 been riding about one year, just...Liked On: Today, 12:05 AM
Posted On: 09-21-2014, 03:21 PMIt is an incurable thing..........Liked On: Today, 12:04 AM
Posted On: 09-05-2014, 02:27 PMGolden Horse liked post by HagonNag On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50I didn't see an over 60 group and I'm on the downhill, slippery slope to 70. May I hang out here? Will y'all let me in?Liked On: Today, 12:02 AM
Posted On: 08-23-2014, 12:52 PMGolden Horse liked post by whisperbaby22 On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50At last, I remembered my camera. Got lucky with this shot, these flowers grow all over in the riverbed. There are a lot of non native stuff down there, maybe this is one, but they are sure pretty.Liked On: Today, 12:02 AM
Posted On: 08-13-2014, 04:58 PMGolden Horse liked post by jaydee On thread : Want to make my dream a reality.I spent every bit of free time I had hanging around people and yards where I could learn and get experience. Watching how they did things and getting to handle and ride all sorts of different ponies...Liked On: Yesterday, 05:42 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 05:25 PMGolden Horse liked post by BadWolf On thread : Home remidies for cleaning tackI've heard that you should never use food oils, like olive oil, because it goes rancid and makes the tack stink! Toothpaste works well on metal - bits, d-rings, conchos, etc. Nylon tack,...Liked On: Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 02:40 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.