- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Golden Horse liked post by sabowin On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Here are a couple pics of me and "my" horse. Technically still free leasing / trialling her, but I'm putting the deposit down tonight! She's a 5-year-old mustang mare, obviously with some draft...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 07:46 PMGolden Horse liked post by spookychick13 On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??One more, second from the right. I was the photographer for a lot of the day, so there are only a few of us.Liked On: Yesterday, 12:59 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 12:56 PMGolden Horse liked post by spookychick13 On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Our barn held a Fun Show this weekend with games, prizes, etc. It was a blast! That's Brandon and I riding down the hill in front, black hoodie, bay horse. :)Liked On: Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 09:50 AMGolden Horse liked post by hotdog the wonder horse On thread : Horse will not gallop helpI'm really sorry I'm using a cell phone and punctuation is a pain on if. She caught a virus that caused her to lose her sight I can't for the life of me remember the name sorry. She was...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:26 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 09:40 AMGolden Horse liked post by BlueSpark On thread : The gluen-free crazeyes, non GMO, non pesticide laden grains. They also didn't eat meat that was raised on hormones and antibiotics, or vegetables that had been sprayed, irradiated and shipped across a continent. I have...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:40 AMGolden Horse liked post by karliejaye On thread : The gluen-free crazeSummer, I am not knocking those who eat wheat! I just think people are blissfully unaware of where their food comes from, and I mean ALL food. I respectfully disagree that grains are the only...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:04 PM
Posted On: 10-29-2014, 11:22 AMGolden Horse liked post by Mulefeather On thread : The gluen-free crazeOne of the big things people miss when they go off on a rant about the "gluten-free craze" is that there are two levels where gluten can affect you - there is Celiac/other intestinal diseases where...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Posted On: 10-28-2014, 01:55 PMJust because it's cruel if I say I have foal pictures and don't show you guys (:Liked On: Yesterday, 02:15 AM
Posted On: 10-28-2014, 10:15 AMI think for now I have to decide in favor of the mare. I will be waiting a bit more and searching, maybe something else pops up just to be sure. Though, I like her as she is calm enough that one day,...Liked On: Yesterday, 02:15 AM
Posted On: 10-28-2014, 02:46 AMGolden Horse liked post by greenhaven On thread : Exercising a 6 month oldRound penning/circles are TERRIBLE for soft, developing joints. By all means, teach him the resect and manners he needs to have, but straight lines, not circles.Liked On: Yesterday, 01:31 AM
Posted On: 10-29-2014, 08:28 AMGolden Horse liked post by Incitatus32 On thread : Exercising a 6 month oldAt six months I personally would not recommend round pen work. With his attention span, hyperness at the moment and age (and you not having control) it could quickly turn into you having a horse in...Liked On: Yesterday, 01:31 AM
Posted On: 10-29-2014, 07:37 AMGolden Horse liked post by Talon On thread : What breed is she?She looks like a Saddlebred mix to me personally.Liked On: Yesterday, 12:22 AM
Posted On: 10-29-2014, 06:39 PMGolden Horse liked post by DanielDauphin On thread : Freaking out while tied.Good advice so far. Basically, your horse has a legitimate fear and needs a bit of desensitizing to let her know that scary things won't hurt her. I would absolutely not tie her while doing this, as...Liked On: 10-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Posted On: 10-29-2014, 09:20 PMGolden Horse liked post by squirrelfood On thread : Can I mix gel wormer in the horses feed?Tell me, how much respect would YOU have for me if I insisted on shoving cat crap into your mouth on a regular basis? You really want to call it RESPECT? Some of you lean WAAAYY too hard on that word...Liked On: 10-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Posted On: 10-28-2014, 10:15 PMGolden Horse liked post by Speed Racer On thread : Can I mix gel wormer in the horses feed?I can do what I want with and to them unless it's physically painful, so your argument about disrespect isn't something I find valid. I choose to pick my battles. If you think that makes me a...Liked On: 10-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Posted On: 10-28-2014, 03:52 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.