- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 34
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- I'm laughing with you not at you.Liked On: Today, 02:17 AM
Posted On: Today, 01:13 AMGolden Horse liked post by beau159 On thread : Beginner.Barrel Racing Basics? Advice?I guess before you sell your horse for something that is better suited to barrel race, maybe you should make sure you truly like it first? Sounds like you've never actually experienced it, but are...Liked On: Today, 01:08 AM
Posted On: 01-12-2016, 12:24 PMGolden Horse liked post by Change On thread : Confession TimeI will confess - I've only gone riding twice since the first of the year. Like gingerscout, I don't have anyone to ride with except my son on his 4-wheeler. It would be nice to have someone else on...Liked On: Today, 01:01 AM
Posted On: Today, 12:59 AMGolden Horse liked post by Change On thread : I think I am sick - very sickI'm a bucket hoarder. If it doesn't have holes, has a handle, I keep it. 5 gal, 1 gal, 1/2 gal. I just can't bear to let them go. I'm not bringing the truck with the gooseneck to Equine...Liked On: Today, 12:27 AM
Posted On: Today, 12:16 AMGuilty! I use one of those scoops in my sugar canister, another in the Kool-Aid jar, there are plenty of uses for them. As for the supplement buckets one is full of scrap leather, one has treats in...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:29 PMGolden Horse liked post by SwissMiss On thread : I think I am sick - very sickLemme think: I have 1 horse, 2 saddles, 1 bitless bridle, 1 saddle pad, a rope and a nylon halter and 2 leadropes...:eek_color::omg::omg: I NEED to go shopping!!!! :gallop:Liked On: Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:22 PMGolden Horse liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : I think I am sick - very sickMy thing that I can't get rid of, besides blankets, is those little 1 oz scoops they put in supplements and the supplement buckets. They are just SO handy to have around. Everyone laughs, but when...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:22 PMI know, right? Who could blame us for not letting go of them.:DLiked On: Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:20 PMGolden Horse liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : What Breed of Cow?Yeah, that's kind of what they say down here. Not the best neighbors, big and unfriendly. One ole cowpoke when trying to run down my Ay-rabs said, "Little lady, that horse couldn't hold no...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:19 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 06:59 PMGolden Horse liked post by dlady On thread : I think I am sick - very sickAfter reading all these posts, I have come to the conclusion that I have been in denial. I have 3 horses, 4 saddles (1 is a kid's saddle for my grandson), and not enough bridles, only 4. Time for...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:16 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:05 PMGolden Horse liked post by gottatrot On thread : Getting Started.I hope I don't sound too negative here, that's not my style. But I have very strong opinions about over training... If you have a 21 year old horse that was a pasture pet, starting out with a 15...Liked On: Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 09:17 PMGolden Horse liked post by JCnGrace On thread : When to geld?Youngest was 5 months, oldest was 12 years. My preference was around 6 months, like PaintHorseMares we'd wait until fall so the flies would be gone so it depended on what month they were born as to...Liked On: Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 09:04 PMSelling stuff is not an option, I might need it someday. Heck I still have umpteen foal halters and there hasn't been a foal on this place in 10 years. LOLLiked On: Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 08:47 PMGolden Horse liked post by Regula On thread : Confession TimeHaha, that sounds like every single one of my home improvement projects ever. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 08:32 PMLawsy, I have a worse confession...I forgot to call my mother on her birthday yesterday. It doesn't matter that her party was today and we drove almost 100 miles each way to be there, I'm still in...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 08:25 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.