- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Golden Horse liked post by HombresArablegacy On thread : Headshy Horses, Shocking CauseI recently bought over Sebastain from the people where I am keeping my mare Socks. They wanted to get rid of him as he was "dangerous". He kept nipping and biting at everybody Your first 2...Liked On: 11-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Posted On: 11-15-2014, 03:17 PMAs for the bra...try doing that in front of a guy you're trying to impress:oops:Liked On: 11-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 01:33 PMGolden Horse liked post by Roman On thread : Dangers of lace up boots?Rain did not say the girth was low. You're making assumptions. Anything, and anything that strikes of odd, can and will happen at any time. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 11-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 09:20 AMThis is not true at all. The OP was asking if there was any danger, which has nothing to do with a trainer. Accidents happen. You can't tell me you were never thrown from a horse. The OP is asking a...Liked On: 11-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 08:27 AMGolden Horse liked post by jaydee On thread : Western Dressage!I think if people want to do it then they should - if anyone doesn't want to do it and has no interest in it - then maybe just move on. Its a shame when thread are started by people that want to...Liked On: 11-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 12:39 PMHgbtx - Yes, I'm riding one-handed. I don't agree (personally) with riding two-handed in a curb bit. I will do so for a moment or two to make a correction, but that would be just as true if I was...Liked On: 11-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 02:35 AMGolden Horse liked post by sarahfromsc On thread : Western Dressage!If you go down center line at the beginning of the test one handed, you must finish one handed. Also, the western dressage horse should travel with a drape rein, not on contact as you would with...Liked On: 11-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 06:41 PMGolden Horse liked post by oh vair oh On thread : Western Dressage!Western pleasure is ridden one-handed, does that make it a functional western discipline? :P I like western/cowboy dressage quite a bit. You make it what you make it. If you're comfortable in a...Liked On: 11-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 06:29 PMGolden Horse liked post by jaydee On thread : A Nov baby at the farm!I'm considering removing DB's threads on the grounds of mental cruelty when he gets us interested in things like foals and then doesn't supply any photos Of course the photos will make us even more...Liked On: 11-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 02:45 PMGolden Horse liked post by Rain Shadow On thread : A Nov baby at the farm!Better get moving then, before the angry hoards hunt you down for a picture. :lol:Liked On: 11-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 12:28 PMGolden Horse liked post by DraftyAiresMum On thread : "But I want a pretty horse..."If only we were in the market right now! I've seen her several times and drool every time. And of course, I show her to Robert and he falls in love. *facepalm* Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 11-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Posted On: 11-15-2014, 02:22 AMFor some reason I couldn't edit my post above to fix the photos http://www.horseforum.com/members/127986/album/shay-13514/collect-96938.jpg ...Liked On: 11-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 04:03 AMGolden Horse liked post by wausuaw On thread : Everyone's thoughts on trainer sending horse backI tried sending my mare to a trainer initially- when she was 3 1/2 and it went horrible. A little less than a week I ended up taking her home (no fault of the trainer, just was not working- the...Liked On: 11-14-2014, 11:51 PM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 01:06 PMGolden Horse liked post by Klassic Superstar On thread : After 4 months of job hunting I GOT A FULL TIME JOB! YAY!!Had to share my amazing news! I just got the best phone call after learning I was receiving a new project horse when in need without even putting it out to people. .... I GOT A JOB! It is a...Liked On: 11-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 09:16 PMGolden Horse liked post by Yogiwick On thread : Need instructions how to put pelham bit on bridle with snaffle and one set of reins1- sorry maybe a more specific term then I thought. Imo it's almost more of a mental .."flow" then a physical thing. Your inside leg pushes the horse out, rounding and controlling the movement....Liked On: 11-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 08:50 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.