- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Ripplewind liked post by Golden Horse On thread : I don't get hunters...?How does any horse find anything interesting? The trick is finding something that you and your horse can become as one doing, whatever that is.Liked On: Yesterday, 03:08 AM
Posted On: 09-08-2014, 02:55 AMlilruffian liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Wildest Art JournalI actually got around to getting my painting framed, looks pretty good I think http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/herdpainting.jpgLiked On: 01-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Posted On: 12-17-2011, 01:30 PMTimbah liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Arabian and Arabian x traitsLOL, I don't own Arabs, Arabs own me, they are smart, loveable, exasperating, they will learn something knew in about 2 minutes, so you have to be sure what you are teaching them is good, because if...Liked On: 01-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Posted On: 09-10-2014, 10:18 PMlittlebird liked post by Golden Horse On thread : My horse refuse to jumpWell from the picture, it really looks like you have some work to do in improving your technique, and until you can do that then you will struggle to be able to really get the pony going. For now,...Liked On: 01-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 04:53 PMPixelpony liked post by Golden Horse On thread : it's the official HALF DRAFT thread!While it is very gorgeous, I have one that is gorgeouser :lol::lol: Cheating a little because we know nothing of his breeding, but most people who see him in the flesh agree that there has to be...Liked On: 01-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2011, 08:57 PMHang on Fi liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Life after the 90 day mustang challenge.I think you are doing a 100% amazing job with your boy, I bet you laugh now reading the panic of the second day was it? You may have a good one, but some of it surely reflects on the way you are...Liked On: 01-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Posted On: 04-29-2014, 10:02 PMJoyinDriving liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Getting back in the saddle after a broken backIt was quite the event, my late father always told me "If you can't be a shinning example,at least be a horrible warning" I so do not have nerves of steel, I have nerves of wet noodle, it takes...Liked On: 01-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Posted On: 05-08-2014, 08:38 PMmichaelvanessa liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Hello fellow plus sized riders, introduce yourself hereSounds like a mixture of good and bad Drifting :-) Mmm, following this http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/TroyAug2nd.jpg I tried on these ...Liked On: 12-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Posted On: 08-05-2014, 04:20 PMmichaelvanessa liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Hello fellow plus sized riders, introduce yourself hereFACT...EVERY SINGLE MATURE WOMAN JIGGLES WHEN SHE TROTS, FACT - Every woman will look at her own jiggle as being worse than everyone elses. FACT unless you are prepubescent you SHOULD have...Liked On: 12-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Posted On: 07-13-2014, 11:43 PMWolfsongStorm liked post by Golden Horse On thread : The Worst Book on Riding I've ReadWell some people like a discussion, but some people just want to be right, and will nit pick, and use volume of response to make sure that they get the last word, maybe thinking that they have 'won'...Liked On: 12-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Posted On: 11-10-2014, 10:49 AMCeleste liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Does he suit me, size wise?:clap::clap: Good job, keep it up, or downLiked On: 12-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Posted On: 11-06-2014, 11:40 AMFlickergurl21 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Let me see photos of your Haffies!Which is a huge shame, as is the fact that they are looking more like Arabs as well. Haffy overload for you, Haffies I have had Fancy ...Liked On: 12-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Posted On: 05-12-2014, 01:41 PMFlickergurl21 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : it's the official HALF DRAFT thread!They are all gorgeous, but Pilgrim is STUNNING, love him. Someone needs to get Indyhorse along to post her herd. Here 's mine, Big Bert, QH X draft of some sort, actual breeding unkown. This...Liked On: 12-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2011, 11:02 PMColtyandSaxonsmama liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Worst invention of the horse world?Let me take a different thought, I vote for white breeches, what sadist thought of them?Liked On: 12-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Posted On: 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.