- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 34
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- TrickyPonies liked post by Golden Horse On thread : How young is too young to start jumping/pole work?LOL, ponies know how to jump, it's refining that ability that is the fun part:wink: At rising 3 I wouldn't want them making much jumping effort, but I would be happy with them working with ground...Liked On: 08-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Posted On: 05-17-2013, 03:50 PMThat Friesian liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Handing over the reinsOops assumption is the Brother of all.....OOPs again better not finish that quote, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, great film , but a ban worthy comment. My apologies, Yungster is NOT a human...Liked On: 08-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Posted On: 03-25-2013, 12:48 PMbkylem liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Not only am I brave, I'm a picture HO, so sit back and be amazed, horrified, at the incredible fat, thin, large smaller ever changing rider Me at 316 pounds trying out Mr Gilmore ...Liked On: 08-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Posted On: 09-23-2011, 12:27 AMfarahmay liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Not only am I brave, I'm a picture HO, so sit back and be amazed, horrified, at the incredible fat, thin, large smaller ever changing rider Me at 316 pounds trying out Mr Gilmore ...Liked On: 08-08-2015, 04:33 AM
Posted On: 09-23-2011, 12:27 AMVeryCoolSword liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Grade HorsesBovine Poop. I have just sold my handsome grade gelding for $3700, way above what I am seeing some registered stock go for. My 2 cents worth. Breeding grade horses is not all bad, neither is...Liked On: 08-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Posted On: 05-23-2012, 12:12 PMTaffy Clayton liked post by Golden Horse On thread : it's the official HALF DRAFT thread!They are all gorgeous, but Pilgrim is STUNNING, love him. Someone needs to get Indyhorse along to post her herd. Here 's mine, Big Bert, QH X draft of some sort, actual breeding unkown. This...Liked On: 06-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2011, 10:02 PMSueC liked post by Golden Horse On thread : What condition did you buy your horse in?Great job with her Duffy. Here are some of mine. Ace when we first got her http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/Ace/024.jpg and a year on (:lol: Hard to find a pic...Liked On: 06-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Posted On: 11-04-2011, 04:22 PMxxdanioo liked post by Golden Horse On thread : The world According to GibbsDID YOU MISS ME? I'm back, and I have so much to tell you..... Lets see, we went too two more dressyage shows, I'm not sure I like this showing thing, something makes me struggle with my breath...Liked On: 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Posted On: 09-29-2014, 01:49 AMmslady254 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : I feel so plain it makes me cryYou are who you are meant to be, so be at peace with that. The people who judge by the outside trappings, the lottery of facial structure and build, are not worth worrying about, superficial...Liked On: 04-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Posted On: 04-09-2014, 12:04 PMxTIDx liked post by Golden Horse On thread : I don't get hunters...?How does any horse find anything interesting? The trick is finding something that you and your horse can become as one doing, whatever that is.Liked On: 04-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Posted On: 09-08-2014, 01:55 AMscarletnape liked post by Golden Horse On thread : I don't get hunters...?Anyone else starting to read the thread title and thinking http://creativejamie.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/hunters-camo-orange-vest.jpgLiked On: 04-19-2015, 12:09 AM
Posted On: 09-22-2014, 01:23 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Golden Horse On thread : I don't get hunters...?How does any horse find anything interesting? The trick is finding something that you and your horse can become as one doing, whatever that is.Liked On: 04-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Posted On: 09-08-2014, 01:55 AMGhostRider98 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Conformation of 4 year old draft xPersonally I hate the fact that she was broke early, a big girl like this should really be allowed to mature slowly. Definitely need to have a long chat with the owner and a PPE done. BTW where is...Liked On: 04-08-2015, 01:55 AM
Posted On: 02-25-2014, 12:34 AMtcvhorse liked post by Golden Horse On thread : My horse refuse to jumpWell from the picture, it really looks like you have some work to do in improving your technique, and until you can do that then you will struggle to be able to really get the pony going. For now,...Liked On: 04-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2014, 03:53 PMKcole34 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Not only am I brave, I'm a picture HO, so sit back and be amazed, horrified, at the incredible fat, thin, large smaller ever changing rider Me at 316 pounds trying out Mr Gilmore ...Liked On: 04-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Posted On: 09-23-2011, 12:27 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.