- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 32
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- anndankev liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Unfortunate DilemmaHe sounds totally unsuitable for the things that you want to be doing, so I would say that a change of partner is needed. The question is what is the market like for a big, young, lame horse with...Liked On: Today, 03:17 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:44 PMClava liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Hattie the Haflinger has a go at eventing.What a beautifully built course, where is that? Sounds like you and Hattie had a fab day, and love the pics.Liked On: Today, 02:17 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:15 PMEmma2003 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : The Famous Mare GlareShe's not mine anymore but Willow had a great glare http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/Willow/14thJune9.jpgLiked On: Today, 01:34 AM
Posted On: Today, 01:18 AMpaintsrule liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Third and Final Show of the YearLol, I had a nice surprise at the show last week, I finally got my ribbons from the second day of the spring show http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/Shows/IMG_1055.jpg ...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 01:56 AMMinervaELS liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Neck reining- the good, the bad, the unfairLOL, I guess we do pander our horses a bit more, while still having images of cute fluffy black and white bears in mind! I agree with the slower maturing thing, and also believe that some of the...Liked On: 08-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Posted On: 08-28-2014, 10:52 AMRegularJoe liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50I beg to differ on that point, not EVERYTHING:wink:Liked On: 08-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Posted On: 10-19-2013, 11:41 PMsmrobs liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Neck reining- the good, the bad, the unfairLOL, I guess we do pander our horses a bit more, while still having images of cute fluffy black and white bears in mind! I agree with the slower maturing thing, and also believe that some of the...Liked On: 08-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Posted On: 08-28-2014, 10:52 AMCowboyBob liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Neck reining- the good, the bad, the unfairLOL, I guess we do pander our horses a bit more, while still having images of cute fluffy black and white bears in mind! I agree with the slower maturing thing, and also believe that some of the...Liked On: 08-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 08-28-2014, 10:52 AMSoldOnGaited liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??You look AWESOME Mouse congratulations on your loss. So glad that you can actually see the slim you when you look at your picture, resetting that body image is soo hard, more pics please, and a...Liked On: 08-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Posted On: 08-22-2014, 11:33 AMDrifting liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Third and Final Show of the YearThe show year journey! Show 1, last weekend of May, scores of 53/54 on the Saturday, but oddly 63 on the Sunday. I still believe that the judge added 10 points to anyone who rode that day,...Liked On: 08-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Posted On: 08-27-2014, 04:43 PMnikelodeon79 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Adventures of a re-rider: breaking through the fearGlad to hear all is well. Now start planning next years showing, what are you going to enter, where, and how are you going to get there. If you have a plan you will make it happen:wink:Liked On: 08-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Posted On: 08-28-2014, 02:58 AMEliRose liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Thinking of selling my horseArab mares, love them, they are special. Now reading through your posts I'm going to draw out 3 things. Ok, winter she is good, spring and summer she isn't? I would put money on some...Liked On: 08-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Posted On: 08-26-2014, 01:47 AMIt's 10.50 here and I have just got home, after starting as 6 this morning. I will tell you the story of this wonderful weekend tomorrow, but this picture tells some of the story ...Liked On: 08-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Posted On: 08-25-2014, 12:50 AMSettled in, Gibbs is looking relaxed, me not so much! http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/Shows/35F4F5FB-564A-45A8-AD24-F6343713B3A7.jpg...Liked On: 08-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Posted On: 08-23-2014, 02:05 PMbsms liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Diet discussionsAgain, yes and no, while it is so simple to say and write down, the complexity comes in actually making it work. Some of the issues come down to the person and the way they are built, we quite...Liked On: 08-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Posted On: 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.