- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 33
- But heck we both survived, the thing that gets me though, two weeks before Ben had bucked me off when I was trying to get my first canter on him, full face plant into the arena dirt, narrowly missing the fence, broke the peak of of my cap, gave me a couple of black eyes and a face rash, but I got straight back on and rode him again. Get thrown off at a stand still and do a huge number on myself. Go figure
- My Chiropractor/acupuncture guy eventually got me straight, the health service provided Physiotherapy to get me 'serviceably functional' for which I was extremely grateful, but I wanted more. A combination of sticking great needles into the joint, and passive manipulation, and yes, yes it is as painful as it sounds, got me so much more movement in my shoulder, it is great, still droops a little, hence the bra strap wandering constantly, but I am so pleased to get this much back. Yes, I thought yours were a scarier bunch of injuries, and I don't want to get political about it, but having been born in the UK and now living in Canada, I am so so pleased with 'socialized health care' The more I read about peoples fights with hospitals and insurance companies the scarier your system sounds.
- Hmm....maybe not worse...just different. The major difference was the Canadian Health Service kept you in the hospital .where here the insurance companies kick us out ASAP! Ready or not. My toll was cracked C1 and C2...Fractured transverse process on T1...broken sternum, R lung collapsed, L lung partially. Flail chest on the right with 7 broken ribs. Lacerated kidney, bruised adrenal gland and screwed up shoulder on the R. Because of the flail chest, they didn't want to mess with the shoulder. It droops and it's slightly frozen. I have a permanently misshapen chest. I get exhausted quickly. With all that, they only kept me in hospital for 9 days. I'm sure if I lived in Canada, I would have been in a lot longer. My shoulder and face looked like I'd been 5 rounds with a boxer! Blunt force trauma almost killed me. Jim says I'm not the same...and I think he's right. Sometimes when you get bashed around at an older age, all you can really hope for is life. I'll take it!
- WOW I just finished the thread. Such honesty!! Isn't it wonderful to get on and not be apprehensive? I should have realized that even though I could "handle" Big, I could never totally relax on him. My mind had to stay one step ahead of his and I had to be prepared at all times for him to act up. Bill (Iridehorses) told me to sell the "piece of **** and get myself a decent horse...and I thought he was nuts. Big had never done anything dangerous. Even Bill came to agree that he was perfect for me. As I remember he said that about a month before Big almost killed me! LOL I thought I had a tough wreck but you were in hospital MUCH longer and needed surgery on your shoulder? I'm SO glad you have Gibbs!
- I too am slightly lopsided. The side that got it worst never completely uncrumpled and I have one bra strap that ALWAYS slides off...I sit up straight and still look like I'm slouched to the side. My shoulder will never be right. But that's minor. It's not like I'm doing ballet!
- Unfortunately, no. I have real breathing issues because of scar tissue and adhesions in my lungs. It affects my stamina and it doesn't take much to exhaust me. My rides are short and usually slow! Blossom likes that! LOL I'm totally enjoying her.
- About Golden Horse
- Current Status
- Is PROUD to be both English and Canadian
- The world according to Gibbs
Not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Flickergurl21 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Let me see photos of your Haffies!Which is a huge shame, as is the fact that they are looking more like Arabs as well. Haffy overload for you, Haffies I have had Fancy ...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:27 PM
Posted On: 05-12-2014, 01:41 PMFlickergurl21 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : it's the official HALF DRAFT thread!They are all gorgeous, but Pilgrim is STUNNING, love him. Someone needs to get Indyhorse along to post her herd. Here 's mine, Big Bert, QH X draft of some sort, actual breeding unkown. This...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2011, 11:02 PMColtyandSaxonsmama liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Worst invention of the horse world?Let me take a different thought, I vote for white breeches, what sadist thought of them?Liked On: Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Posted On: 10-07-2012, 11:22 PMPSNapier liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Does he suit me, size wise?I agree, you and the horse fine, but you are both going to struggle with that saddle, time to go shoppingLiked On: 12-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Posted On: 10-02-2014, 02:14 PMlovelyStory liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Let me see photos of your Haffies!Which is a huge shame, as is the fact that they are looking more like Arabs as well. Haffy overload for you, Haffies I have had Fancy ...Liked On: 12-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Posted On: 05-12-2014, 01:41 PMxJumperx liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Green on Green = Black and Blue, well so does Green and Gold!A follow up thread prompted by the discussion that the term green on green equals black and blue is an insult http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/how-many-years-before-no-longer-389874/ your...Liked On: 12-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Posted On: 04-07-2014, 01:07 PMWhile it is very gorgeous, I have one that is gorgeouser :lol::lol: Cheating a little because we know nothing of his breeding, but most people who see him in the flesh agree that there has to be...Liked On: 12-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2011, 08:57 PMIt is a great pic, handsome looking group you haveLiked On: 12-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2011, 12:55 PMLOL if he ever goes missing she'll have no idea which way to go to look for him, everyone loves Claymore. So many handsome big boys and girls around, love themLiked On: 12-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2011, 01:03 AMThey are all gorgeous, but Pilgrim is STUNNING, love him. Someone needs to get Indyhorse along to post her herd. Here 's mine, Big Bert, QH X draft of some sort, actual breeding unkown. This...Liked On: 12-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2011, 11:02 PMSueC liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Is Everybody Ready for Winter?NOPE, still harvesting, still have hay to bale and bring in, and still want to ride before freeze up and snow fly!Liked On: 12-11-2014, 03:05 AM
Posted On: 10-14-2014, 12:05 AMRipplewind liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Does anyone have experience with Kissing Spine?http://www.atxcommunity.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_head.gifThat's cos most of us ride sound horses! if they go lame you stop riding them, or am I missing something? Back to poor...Liked On: 12-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Posted On: 04-24-2014, 04:47 PMhyperkalemic4 liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Plus sized? anyone brave enough to post a photo??Not only am I brave, I'm a picture HO, so sit back and be amazed, horrified, at the incredible fat, thin, large smaller ever changing rider Me at 316 pounds trying out Mr Gilmore ...Liked On: 12-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Posted On: 09-23-2011, 01:27 AMweedlady liked post by Golden Horse On thread : BITING at me when asking for forward movement under saddleGreat post, some horses just don't like being ridden bareback, either pain, preference or some other reason, just how it is. Meaningless advice would be me now offering you a great recipe for...Liked On: 12-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Posted On: 10-26-2014, 06:51 PMmichaelvanessa liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Well things aint like they used to be, can't ignore that, and no it's not moaning and groaning, it is the truth, if you are still as you were when you were 20, then hey great, but I know I'm not. I'm...Liked On: 12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Posted On: 06-15-2013, 07:31 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.