- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
- I try to ride mine both once a week too. I like riding both in the arena and on the trails. I'll ride in just about any type of weather except the pouring rain. Good thing I live in a desert:)
I had drill team practice last night and rode Willow. It's been a little windy, but otherwise the weather here has been really nice.
Free range cows definitely make trail rides interesting. The 1st time my horse saw one, she shot sideways 10 feet, and was like "what the heck is that"!
- Had a nice ride on my mare this morning,although it was quite cold & windy. Tomorrow should be warmer, but we are going hiking in the morning, & hope we can squeeze in another ride afterwards. I feel bad if I don't got both horses ridden at least once a week. Have you been able to ride? What kind of riding do you like best? I ride my mare in my Aussie saddle & the Arabian in a Western. They are new to the free range cows here & are adjusting amazingly well.
- I'm about 20 miles East of Kingman.very close to where the 40 & 93 meet. Because of "free range" cows, I am keeping my hay in the horse trailer for now.Moving is much overated & I'm not coping too well. Both horses have been out on the last 2 W/E's, & am planning a ride w/my neighbor tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. Where are you located?
- Thanks for your reply. Love the pics of your ride. I'm hoping to find some folks to go riding with once I'm permanently in AZ. I hope there isn't a lot of animosity just because I'm coming from CA~my husband was born in Phoenix, so he's kind of going back to his roots-LOL! Kathy C.
- Hi, I'm looking to move to AZ~Kingman area & move my 2 horses to my new place. Do you know anything about crossing the border? I haven't seen anything going into AZ, but coming back to CA, is usually a hassle, I know if I were transporting a horse or two ,it would be questioned. Do you have any advice? Itried to make a new thread about this, but it didn't work. Thanks, Kathy C.
- About flytobecat
- 1st time horse owner
- Valley of the Sun
- Trail riding
- Current Status
- still cleaning pens.!
- So in lies the madness, the pursuit of the impossible in the face of the complete assurance that you will fail, and yet still you chase.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- flytobecat liked post by Reiningcatsanddogs On thread : Something moves, Startle, Shy, Spin, Bolt, Stop, Turn, LookDon't reward the spook in place, reward the "relax" after..... since that is really the behavior you are after.Liked On: 05-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Posted On: 05-26-2015, 01:08 AMflytobecat liked post by natisha On thread : Something moves, Startle, Shy, Spin, Bolt, Stop, Turn, LookI can't tell if she stopped her horse or if he stopped himself. Either way it gave him time to decide what to do. I don't know if the spook could have been avoided & I don't know her horse. If...Liked On: 05-25-2015, 12:42 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2015, 11:51 PMflytobecat liked post by SouthernTrails On thread : Corriente saddlesThe one size Tree is a limiting factor for many. As I said, I know a lot of people that love them and they hold up well, but they are made in the Country of Mexico, I know the actual Maker of...Liked On: 05-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2015, 03:57 PMBetter pics...Liked On: 05-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Posted On: 05-19-2015, 01:17 PMWell as you all know I'm new here, I'm awaiting a vet check and other things before picking up my Belgian TWH cross...and guess what fell into my lap. He's a 10yr old gelding that's perfect for our...Liked On: 05-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Posted On: 05-19-2015, 11:30 AMflytobecat liked post by trailhorserider On thread : Corriente saddlesI adore mine. No better new saddle in that price range that I have ever found. You might be able to get a better saddle used in that price range, but not new. Sure, I don't see why you can't...Liked On: 05-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2015, 01:38 PMI learned today that my daughter's horse is afraid of his own farts ... and will buck and run away from them and get very confused when they follow him wherever he goes.Liked On: 05-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2015, 02:36 PMflytobecat liked post by Hondo On thread : Something moves, Startle, Shy, Spin, Bolt, Stop, Turn, LookMe too. Ya know what I'd like to see? I've watched so much stuff in a round pen of people tipping their horses head to the side, I'd like to see a video of a horse in terror being tipped with them...Liked On: 05-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2015, 11:02 AMflytobecat liked post by jaydee On thread : Here's what I learned today . . . . .I realized that K has decided after nearly 11 months with us that I am her human. Or maybe it's that after 11 months I've finally realized that she is my horse (even if DH keeps stealing her to...Liked On: 05-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Posted On: 05-20-2015, 06:16 PMflytobecat liked post by Change On thread : Here's what I learned today . . . . .I wish I could find a sign that would light up/flash when the wire is hot so the neighbors and utility meter readers could know not to touch. Hmm. Wonder if I could create something like that......Liked On: 05-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Posted On: 05-21-2015, 12:32 AMI learned that I like watching someone else ride my horse almost as much as I like riding her myself. :)Liked On: 05-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Posted On: 05-19-2015, 07:17 AMflytobecat liked post by KigerQueen On thread : Here's what I learned today . . . . .today (well yesterday now) i learnt that i could do 3 small braids and then slide the braids into the braid in tail wrap... i feel like i fail at life for not thinking of that. hours spend sticking...Liked On: 05-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Posted On: 05-19-2015, 05:18 AMflytobecat liked post by Customcanines On thread : Show us where you ride?We ride on my daughter's farm. We also have a small arena to work in, but the trail is my favorite!!!Liked On: 05-18-2015, 10:10 PM
Posted On: 05-18-2015, 07:54 PM15 minutes (by car) outside of the downtown Santa Ana (as "city" as we have here), 20 minutes from the beach.Liked On: 05-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Posted On: 05-18-2015, 05:18 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.