- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
- I try to ride mine both once a week too. I like riding both in the arena and on the trails. I'll ride in just about any type of weather except the pouring rain. Good thing I live in a desert:)
I had drill team practice last night and rode Willow. It's been a little windy, but otherwise the weather here has been really nice.
Free range cows definitely make trail rides interesting. The 1st time my horse saw one, she shot sideways 10 feet, and was like "what the heck is that"!
- Had a nice ride on my mare this morning,although it was quite cold & windy. Tomorrow should be warmer, but we are going hiking in the morning, & hope we can squeeze in another ride afterwards. I feel bad if I don't got both horses ridden at least once a week. Have you been able to ride? What kind of riding do you like best? I ride my mare in my Aussie saddle & the Arabian in a Western. They are new to the free range cows here & are adjusting amazingly well.
- I'm about 20 miles East of Kingman.very close to where the 40 & 93 meet. Because of "free range" cows, I am keeping my hay in the horse trailer for now.Moving is much overated & I'm not coping too well. Both horses have been out on the last 2 W/E's, & am planning a ride w/my neighbor tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. Where are you located?
- Thanks for your reply. Love the pics of your ride. I'm hoping to find some folks to go riding with once I'm permanently in AZ. I hope there isn't a lot of animosity just because I'm coming from CA~my husband was born in Phoenix, so he's kind of going back to his roots-LOL! Kathy C.
- Hi, I'm looking to move to AZ~Kingman area & move my 2 horses to my new place. Do you know anything about crossing the border? I haven't seen anything going into AZ, but coming back to CA, is usually a hassle, I know if I were transporting a horse or two ,it would be questioned. Do you have any advice? Itried to make a new thread about this, but it didn't work. Thanks, Kathy C.
- About flytobecat
- 1st time horse owner
- Valley of the Sun
- Trail riding
- Current Status
- still cleaning pens.!
- So in lies the madness, the pursuit of the impossible in the face of the complete assurance that you will fail, and yet still you chase.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- flytobecat liked post by alexischristina On thread : Lessor problems. Advice on horse neededYou should not have bought a different hay to feed the horse without express permission. Period. I'm not an expert on alfalfa as primary feed by any means, but I know people can and do...Liked On: 03-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Posted On: 03-02-2015, 03:05 AMhttps://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8452211456/h9E6D2727/Liked On: 03-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Posted On: 03-01-2015, 12:58 AMhahahahahahahahahahaLiked On: 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Posted On: 02-19-2015, 10:37 PMhttps://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8447658240/hAA86E1E1/Liked On: 03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 12:41 PM^Oh man, I love that! https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8444370432/hBCA05C34/Liked On: 03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Posted On: 02-17-2015, 01:53 PM...................Liked On: 03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Posted On: 02-14-2015, 10:24 PMflytobecat liked post by Zexious On thread : Barrel racing vs just riding? bell and sport bootsI'm not a barrel racer (I'm a Hunter/Jumper rider), but I will do my best to help--someone more experienced than me in this discipline will surely come along and comment as well. Firstly, I'll...Liked On: 03-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Posted On: 02-16-2015, 03:05 PMflytobecat liked post by Remali On thread : World's oldest horse has diedWhat a beautiful and sweet horse he was! World's oldest horse trots his final furlong: Irish draught Shayne, 51, put to sleep at Essex sanctuary after reaching 120 in human years | Daily Mail...Liked On: 03-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Posted On: 03-01-2015, 12:13 PMflytobecat liked post by Mulefeather On thread : What is it with mules?I love mules (hence my username!) and have owned one, and I plan to own more when the time comes. I will never go back to horses after my first mule, I always joke that Buddy ruined me on them for...Liked On: 02-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Posted On: 10-07-2014, 01:54 PMflytobecat liked post by BlueSpark On thread : What is it with mules?maybe your in an area with particular prejudice? Mules are different that horses, and I think many people do not have the skills to train them properly. I suspect that a lot of the wanna be cowboys...Liked On: 02-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Posted On: 10-07-2014, 01:29 PMflytobecat liked post by jaydee On thread : horsemanship rantEverything you do with a horse is training Every time you get on your horse you're training it That doesn't essentially mean that you're one day going to be world champion anything It means...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 03:21 PMflytobecat liked post by Malice On thread : horsemanship rantI find this slightly laughable, you defending the tools you use to better your horse while in your first post you are shaming ropers and barrel racers for "tying" their horses head down. Tie downs...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 01:59 PMflytobecat liked post by trailhorserider On thread : horsemanship rantI think we are all striving to be better horsemen. We are all here trying to learn. Maybe I am not as far along on my journey as you. And there are people who are behind me just starting out. And...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 01:33 AMflytobecat liked post by karliejaye On thread : What was the dumbest thing you've done that your horse forgave?The other day I got on my big ole paint and rode around for about 45 minutes. I noticed in the shadow a long strip coming off his belly and just thought it was the left over end of latigo from tying...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:37 PM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 06:04 PMflytobecat liked post by Sharpie On thread : What was the dumbest thing you've done that your horse forgave?Well, I... Uh. I bought this green broke gelding who was cowboy trained. Same day I bought him, and I didn't have a saddle at the barn that sold him to me. So I figured, wth, we'll do a little...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 01:58 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.