- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
- I try to ride mine both once a week too. I like riding both in the arena and on the trails. I'll ride in just about any type of weather except the pouring rain. Good thing I live in a desert:)
I had drill team practice last night and rode Willow. It's been a little windy, but otherwise the weather here has been really nice.
Free range cows definitely make trail rides interesting. The 1st time my horse saw one, she shot sideways 10 feet, and was like "what the heck is that"!
- Had a nice ride on my mare this morning,although it was quite cold & windy. Tomorrow should be warmer, but we are going hiking in the morning, & hope we can squeeze in another ride afterwards. I feel bad if I don't got both horses ridden at least once a week. Have you been able to ride? What kind of riding do you like best? I ride my mare in my Aussie saddle & the Arabian in a Western. They are new to the free range cows here & are adjusting amazingly well.
- I'm about 20 miles East of Kingman.very close to where the 40 & 93 meet. Because of "free range" cows, I am keeping my hay in the horse trailer for now.Moving is much overated & I'm not coping too well. Both horses have been out on the last 2 W/E's, & am planning a ride w/my neighbor tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. Where are you located?
- Thanks for your reply. Love the pics of your ride. I'm hoping to find some folks to go riding with once I'm permanently in AZ. I hope there isn't a lot of animosity just because I'm coming from CA~my husband was born in Phoenix, so he's kind of going back to his roots-LOL! Kathy C.
- Hi, I'm looking to move to AZ~Kingman area & move my 2 horses to my new place. Do you know anything about crossing the border? I haven't seen anything going into AZ, but coming back to CA, is usually a hassle, I know if I were transporting a horse or two ,it would be questioned. Do you have any advice? Itried to make a new thread about this, but it didn't work. Thanks, Kathy C.
- About flytobecat
- 1st time horse owner
- Valley of the Sun
- Trail riding
- Current Status
- still cleaning pens.!
- So in lies the madness, the pursuit of the impossible in the face of the complete assurance that you will fail, and yet still you chase.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- flytobecat liked post by emilienrocket On thread : my new little man :DI recently bought a new colt and thought I should share his handsome face with everyone! He's a quarter horse registered name is spooks shotgun Ryder "Ryder" . And just a recent picture of sassy :)Liked On: 02-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Posted On: 02-11-2016, 10:08 PMflytobecat liked post by Smilie On thread : What IS the appeal of this?Well, first of all that horse is a yearling-so a downhill build is not judged at that age. A stock horse is not expected to have a level topline until the horse is two It is yearling lunge line,...Liked On: 01-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Posted On: 01-25-2016, 10:52 PMflytobecat liked post by HombresArablegacy On thread : Coyotes=Terrified Horse??Continue to keep her stalled at night, and you're on the right track about trying to find a donkey, mule, or a Llama or alpaca. All are guard animals. Another option is a livestock guard dog, the big...Liked On: 01-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Posted On: 01-14-2016, 09:20 PMflytobecat liked post by Boo Walker On thread : Spooky horse nothing is workingFour months isn't very long in the mind of a very sensitive spooky horse, plus your environment may be over-stimulating. So I agree with your feelings to find a more suitable horse.Liked On: 01-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Posted On: 01-23-2016, 09:06 AMflytobecat liked post by darkpony On thread : Engagement Pictures!Hi all, I got our engagement pictures back a while ago, but I have been so busy with wedding planning, Nursing School, and a full time job that I completely forgot to share. We had some pictures...Liked On: 01-25-2016, 12:42 AM
Posted On: 01-24-2016, 01:59 AMflytobecat liked post by tinyliny On thread : Groundwork helpyes, I do sometimes let the gate close on his butt. but, I move horses that are not mine, that I don't know their situations, so I don't want to do training right then and there. and, I am often...Liked On: 01-25-2016, 12:39 AM
Posted On: 01-24-2016, 10:41 PMflytobecat liked post by jenkat86 On thread : Thoughts on Western Saddle pads??I have a Reinsman wool pad and an Impact Gel pad. Both are great quality IMO. My Reinsman wool pad has been trampled, ran over by the truck, left out in the rain and it is still as good as new. My...Liked On: 01-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Posted On: 11-04-2015, 10:10 AMflytobecat liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Thoughts on Western Saddle pads??Best for Western Riding.... I can't say enough good things about my 5 Star pad, I have a 3/4" contour fit, love that thing. It's now 5 years old, maybe older, my horse tried to kill it, ridden...Liked On: 01-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Posted On: 11-03-2015, 12:16 PMflytobecat liked post by Allison Finch On thread : Round skirt questionsThe exchange rate changes a lot! I used to teach clinics in Ontario quite often. I would ask students to pay in USD, since they were easily available at any bank. Some years the exchange rate was...Liked On: 01-23-2016, 05:53 PM
Posted On: 01-23-2016, 09:06 AMflytobecat liked post by DraftyAiresMum On thread : Does the fear go away?It's called self-preservation. :lol: MUCH stronger as an adult who knows what can go wrong than as a kid who doesn't care. You don't necessarily need a dead-broke horse. You just need miles.Liked On: 01-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Posted On: 01-23-2016, 02:27 PMflytobecat liked post by Trinity3205 On thread : One for the books...The seedy toe holes are valid. The dimpling makes me crazy. One of my friends whom I beleive is a client of the original farrier reposted that fellows dimpling procedure and it went everywhere...Liked On: 01-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Posted On: 01-20-2016, 10:59 PMflytobecat liked post by loosie On thread : One for the books...Fly, from what I've seen, the holes only go thru the outer layers of wall, so I wouldn't imagine it would effect soundness... one way or the other actually. Except obviously it would effect the...Liked On: 01-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Posted On: 01-19-2016, 12:56 AMflytobecat liked post by COWCHICK77 On thread : Article on mustangsI know that for a fact. This is over the course of years and years. Remount horses for the calvary, ranch horses getting mixed in with herds(one of the reasons for brands and cavvy marks in the...Liked On: 01-21-2016, 10:50 PM
Posted On: 01-20-2016, 10:57 PMflytobecat liked post by Speed Racer On thread : Article on mustangsI thought that was common knowledge.....Liked On: 01-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Posted On: 01-20-2016, 09:18 PMflytobecat liked post by WhattaTroublemaker On thread : Had a gorgeous journey today!Not a ride per say, but we went on a good hike through the snow today with a friend and her brother. The snow was deep at times but he took it like a pro. He made it over logs and a small creek we...Liked On: 01-17-2016, 11:24 PM
Posted On: 01-17-2016, 08:18 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.