- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
- I try to ride mine both once a week too. I like riding both in the arena and on the trails. I'll ride in just about any type of weather except the pouring rain. Good thing I live in a desert:)
I had drill team practice last night and rode Willow. It's been a little windy, but otherwise the weather here has been really nice.
Free range cows definitely make trail rides interesting. The 1st time my horse saw one, she shot sideways 10 feet, and was like "what the heck is that"!
- Had a nice ride on my mare this morning,although it was quite cold & windy. Tomorrow should be warmer, but we are going hiking in the morning, & hope we can squeeze in another ride afterwards. I feel bad if I don't got both horses ridden at least once a week. Have you been able to ride? What kind of riding do you like best? I ride my mare in my Aussie saddle & the Arabian in a Western. They are new to the free range cows here & are adjusting amazingly well.
- I'm about 20 miles East of Kingman.very close to where the 40 & 93 meet. Because of "free range" cows, I am keeping my hay in the horse trailer for now.Moving is much overated & I'm not coping too well. Both horses have been out on the last 2 W/E's, & am planning a ride w/my neighbor tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. Where are you located?
- Thanks for your reply. Love the pics of your ride. I'm hoping to find some folks to go riding with once I'm permanently in AZ. I hope there isn't a lot of animosity just because I'm coming from CA~my husband was born in Phoenix, so he's kind of going back to his roots-LOL! Kathy C.
- Hi, I'm looking to move to AZ~Kingman area & move my 2 horses to my new place. Do you know anything about crossing the border? I haven't seen anything going into AZ, but coming back to CA, is usually a hassle, I know if I were transporting a horse or two ,it would be questioned. Do you have any advice? Itried to make a new thread about this, but it didn't work. Thanks, Kathy C.
- About flytobecat
- 1st time horse owner
- Valley of the Sun
- Trail riding
- Current Status
- still cleaning pens.!
- So in lies the madness, the pursuit of the impossible in the face of the complete assurance that you will fail, and yet still you chase.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- flytobecat liked post by DraftyAiresMum On thread : LungingThe short answer? As long as it takes for the horse to start listening and paying attention. Some days that's five minutes, other days that's twenty or more. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 12-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Posted On: 12-13-2014, 09:44 PMflytobecat liked post by BreakableRider On thread : what are the different kinds of reinsI only use heavyweight leather split reins that tie on. They give the clearest signal to the horse IMO. Heavyweight reins don't move around as lightweight reins do, when reins move around constantly,...Liked On: 12-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Posted On: 12-12-2014, 03:32 PMPeople think I'm nuts, because I want someone to hypnotise me, to NOT look below the knees of horses I'm not in a position to help...Liked On: 12-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Posted On: 12-09-2014, 01:04 AMflytobecat liked post by bsms On thread : Difference between Mustangs and Brumbies?Our mustang with my 5'2" wife riding. Cowboy is 13.0 hands. Thick back, thick legs, awesome feet. He doesn't know what 'quit' means. He's arguably the best horse I own, but I feel guilty about trying...Liked On: 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Posted On: 12-08-2014, 12:52 AMflytobecat liked post by danicelia24 On thread : Difference between Mustangs and Brumbies?Here are some pics of my girlLiked On: 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Posted On: 12-08-2014, 04:34 AMflytobecat liked post by smrobs On thread : Difference between Mustangs and Brumbies?IMHO, it depends greatly which HMA (herd management area) mustangs are from that will decide how big they are. Some HMAs have smaller horses, others have bigger. I think a large part of it depends...Liked On: 12-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Posted On: 12-08-2014, 12:14 AMflytobecat liked post by SueC On thread : Trimming Hooves YourselfI now trim five horses and three donkeys. I wish I could pay someone good to do it because it's rough on my back and hands, but not easy to get someone good out here... My father has been corrective...Liked On: 12-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Posted On: 12-03-2014, 09:40 AMPeekaboo, as per discussions elsewhere on this forum, I very strongly believe that as an owner, you should bother to educate yourself about hoofcare & the factors that influence health & soundness....Liked On: 12-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Posted On: 11-30-2014, 06:21 AMflytobecat liked post by PaintedPonies92 On thread : Lets see your rare coloured horses!Here's Chloe, my 2 (almost three) year old dun quarter horse filly.Liked On: 12-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Posted On: 12-07-2014, 10:41 PMflytobecat liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : Lets see your rare coloured horses!http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/dreamcatcherhr/Ducati070914043_zpsf687bec8.jpg This is Ducati, my palomino, as a pretty young colt, maybe a month old. ...Liked On: 12-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Posted On: 12-07-2014, 04:40 PMflytobecat liked post by wakiya On thread : Lets see your rare coloured horses!The rarest color in my breed is a plain red I have a grulla rt on who carries splash and a perlino who carries SB1 sabino and possibly dun.Liked On: 12-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Posted On: 12-07-2014, 03:35 PMflytobecat liked post by Breezy2011 On thread : Lets see your rare coloured horses!This isn't a rare colour (at least I don't think so) but it is a really nice colour. This is my Grullo (or grulla) yearling quarter horse gelding. Summer coat:...Liked On: 12-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Posted On: 12-06-2014, 10:43 PMHappy dance! Josh is off the vent and talking (a little). He's said "Hi", grunts yes & no, recognizes all family members, has called each of his kids by name and told them he loved them. Doctors are...Liked On: 12-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Posted On: 12-07-2014, 07:13 PMSpent the afternoon at the hospital. Everything was about the same as last report except they removed the probe that measuring the pressure in his brain this morning (first post I said it was...Liked On: 12-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Posted On: 12-06-2014, 11:47 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.