- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 16
- I try to ride mine both once a week too. I like riding both in the arena and on the trails. I'll ride in just about any type of weather except the pouring rain. Good thing I live in a desert:)
I had drill team practice last night and rode Willow. It's been a little windy, but otherwise the weather here has been really nice.
Free range cows definitely make trail rides interesting. The 1st time my horse saw one, she shot sideways 10 feet, and was like "what the heck is that"!
- Had a nice ride on my mare this morning,although it was quite cold & windy. Tomorrow should be warmer, but we are going hiking in the morning, & hope we can squeeze in another ride afterwards. I feel bad if I don't got both horses ridden at least once a week. Have you been able to ride? What kind of riding do you like best? I ride my mare in my Aussie saddle & the Arabian in a Western. They are new to the free range cows here & are adjusting amazingly well.
- I'm about 20 miles East of Kingman.very close to where the 40 & 93 meet. Because of "free range" cows, I am keeping my hay in the horse trailer for now.Moving is much overated & I'm not coping too well. Both horses have been out on the last 2 W/E's, & am planning a ride w/my neighbor tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. Where are you located?
- Thanks for your reply. Love the pics of your ride. I'm hoping to find some folks to go riding with once I'm permanently in AZ. I hope there isn't a lot of animosity just because I'm coming from CA~my husband was born in Phoenix, so he's kind of going back to his roots-LOL! Kathy C.
- Hi, I'm looking to move to AZ~Kingman area & move my 2 horses to my new place. Do you know anything about crossing the border? I haven't seen anything going into AZ, but coming back to CA, is usually a hassle, I know if I were transporting a horse or two ,it would be questioned. Do you have any advice? Itried to make a new thread about this, but it didn't work. Thanks, Kathy C.
- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to come off as rude on that thread. People just really tick me off when I want a bigger breed. (not you) - I looked up Shtzhund.. I love it. Although it might teach the puppy to kill a fast moving goat. I really have to look into it further. I'm loving the site you showed me. Thank you. Very, very much.
- About flytobecat
- 1st time horse owner
- Valley of the Sun
- Trail riding
- Current Status
- Hating being on call.
- Patience. Don't get mad. Don't get scared. Don't get mad. Deep Breath.RIDE MORE!
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- flytobecat liked post by existentialpony On thread : Lets make a list - of NAMES! (Everybody Please)My horse's registered name is MS Player, but we call him Jax, Jaximus Maximus, Jackson, Maximum Jackson, President Andrew Jackson, Jaxxy... I've only owned one horse. Enough names for ya? :rofl:Liked On: Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Posted On: 05-18-2013, 05:37 PMWhiskey Barrels (5-18-2013) 20.538 - YouTube Here is whiskey's lol easier to get toLiked On: Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 01:04 PMBarrel racing Paco (16.951) - YouTube This is my mare Paco before she was bred xDLiked On: Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 12:59 PMflytobecat liked post by jaydee On thread : Help with horse with laminitis- underweight, hard keeperTriple crown is one of the only complete feeds that seems to be molasses free Blue Seal here are now stocking Speedi beet which is molasses free and good for weight gain, high fibre, safe energy &...Liked On: 05-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Posted On: 05-10-2013, 03:34 PMflytobecat liked post by Painted Horse On thread : Robbers RoostThe park service is pretty restrictive as to where you can ride in Arches NP. So I find my arches in other places. ...Liked On: 05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Posted On: 05-11-2013, 07:47 PMflytobecat liked post by Tessa7707 On thread : Oh, you rode a horse once?http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s538/TheLawsonClan/bac9f1cf9fae3b408f28d3b1d7ef2270_zps1794180e.jpgLiked On: 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Posted On: 05-10-2013, 02:50 AMflytobecat liked post by GallopingGuitarist On thread : Oh, you rode a horse once?https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/482480_506953006018402_1295613101_n.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/945563_554315341286384_1617007069_n.jpg ...Liked On: 05-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Posted On: 05-09-2013, 09:04 PMflytobecat liked post by DimSum On thread : Oh, you rode a horse once?https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216314_636003313079844_645061861_n.jpgLiked On: 05-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Posted On: 05-09-2013, 07:07 PMflytobecat liked post by natisha On thread : How early/late does your barn open/closeI don't have I open/close hours. I trust my boarders & have never had a problem. There's a reason arenas have lights.Liked On: 05-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Posted On: 04-30-2013, 10:12 AMHaha, yes, she's flashy and she knows it! A nearby farm hosts a corn maze and haunted trail every fall. On a recent ride my friends and myself decided to explore the haunted trail. It was pretty...Liked On: 05-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Posted On: 05-07-2013, 12:09 AMI wanted to introduce everyone to my new endurance prospect. :D Yes, I know she is stockier than most endurance horses and not an "ideal" breed (I almost didn't get her for that reason) but she was...Liked On: 05-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Posted On: 05-06-2013, 08:03 PMflytobecat liked post by soenjer55 On thread : Heads up guys, the snakes are OUT!I am so happy to live in a place where the only venomous snakes I have to deal with are nice enough to give a warning, haha. We have so many dogs and cats that we don't have to worry about rattlers,...Liked On: 05-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Posted On: 05-11-2013, 06:09 PMflytobecat liked post by Fort fireman On thread : Heads up guys, the snakes are OUT!I've heard this as well. However it is a myth. Black snakes and copperheads can not successfully breed. Black snakes are egg layers. Copperheads however give live birth, so to speak. They keep the...Liked On: 05-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Posted On: 05-11-2013, 05:47 PMflytobecat liked post by SorrelHorse On thread : almost died today ~rant~You should never, EVER, tie a horse to desensitize. You hold the rope and move with them until they relax. Tying is just asking for a major accident.Liked On: 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Posted On: 05-11-2013, 07:21 PMflytobecat liked post by Muppetgirl On thread : Training to respond to a small child?Oh haha! I've put my 7yr old daughter (who is still wearing size 5 clothes!) on my guy and led her around quite a bit and the times I've turned her loose on him he's just stood there looking back at...Liked On: 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Posted On: 05-08-2013, 08:13 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.