- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Hi. I noticed that you haven't come back after asking your question, and I hope that you aren't too frustrated with the responses to continue? You have been very brave and forthcoming in your posts and especially by providing video, which made me assume that you truly want the help you asked for, as disparate as that an be on an Internet forum. Your questions are all valid, and you can be sure that there are many people lurking who share your questions and your issues with Cinny, and are anxious to share in the knowledge that you have bravely asked for, without the scrutiny.
I would be happy to help you through PMs, if you'd be more comfortable. But please watch Jane's video so that we can start with some common ground.
- Cool post about tapping and touching. My gelding is sunscreen shy and so I've been target training various items for him to touch. He backs up with anxiety from scary items. I've treated hin for not backing up and for touching the item. When you say you tap and he touches, are you tapping with the dressage whip to say, his toe, or your fingers?
- When I go to your profile I see a picture there so I am assuming you mean the picture that is next to your name when you post. This is actually a different picture. It really confused me too when I first came here. What you want to do is click on "user CP" That will take you to your user control panel. On the left you want to click "Edit Avatar." Your Avatar is the picture that shows up on your posts. You can either use a picture that is already on the web such as one you have on your Flickr account or photobucket or you an upload one. They work best if they are no biger than 200X200. I found that 200H X 150W works best because sometimes it will squish your picture and distort it.
Does this help?
- About Cinnys Whinny
- I grew up around horses but went for a spell of not having any. I am recently back in the game!
- ~*~ NEBRASKA ~*~
- Current Status
- Enjoying the day....
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- If she is heavy handed the horse and the horse at all sensitive in the mouth is just going to do what it can to avoid that bit and that's going to drift into becoming a habit no matter what she's...Liked On: 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Posted On: 08-27-2014, 10:57 AMA good well trained dressage horse should have a light responsive mouth - and if you yank on a horse it won't stay that way for long especially if someone starts putting harsher bits on them I'd...Liked On: 08-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Posted On: 08-26-2014, 02:59 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by ALegUp On thread : Starting to look at what is in CA to adopt...Cinny, I see you're looking at craigslist in the IE, so assuming you are moving out to the Riverside/SB area? I used to volunteer at Red Bucket Equine Rescue which used to be at the Huntington Beach...Liked On: 08-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Posted On: 08-19-2014, 01:48 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by equitate On thread : How can I help an OTTB that isn't sure where he wants his head?So, it is a very cute horse with nice gaits. But the rider is not keeping a steady connection so the horse tries to figure out where to 'be'. Because the reins are long the horse tends to get...Liked On: 08-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Posted On: 08-16-2014, 07:33 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by tinyliny On thread : How can I help an OTTB that isn't sure where he wants his head?The suggestion of lounging, in surcingle with side reins, might be the easiest one and most concrete, to begin with.Liked On: 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 01:10 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by equitate On thread : How can I help an OTTB that isn't sure where he wants his head?The OP said that the horse was ridden by beginners.... There are many riders who have ridden for years but do not understand how to progressively develop bit acceptance. Simply put: Lateral...Liked On: 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 11:26 AMCinnys Whinny liked post by waresbear On thread : I think Cinny may be homelessI am picturing Cinny pushing a shopping cart and sleeping in the park.....Liked On: 08-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2014, 09:44 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by DuckDodgers On thread : I think Cinny may be homelessFirst, I don't blame someone for being at least mildly irritated if a horse was to just show up at their house and they're expected to care for it. Even though it's his property and his say SHE is...Liked On: 08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2014, 09:35 AMIf you won't have the turnout space available for long periods then please beg him to avoid anything with arthritis if he does go to a rescue because they do need as much outdoor access as possible -...Liked On: 07-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Posted On: 07-25-2014, 11:33 AMWhy anyone would even consider a horse with admitted soundness issues is beyond my understanding. With that, I will withdraw from this discussion. With peace and love.Liked On: 07-23-2014, 11:21 PM
Posted On: 07-23-2014, 08:18 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by frlsgirl On thread : Starting to look at what is in CA to adopt...Leave the poop stains and tell people your horse is a paint :-PLiked On: 07-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Posted On: 07-21-2014, 02:52 PMRemind me to call you when I'm next looking for a new horse!!! I did find that a lot of the horses being sold around here for the lower prices were either projects that needed fixing or had some...Liked On: 07-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Posted On: 07-21-2014, 02:37 PMCinnys Whinny liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Starting to look at what is in CA to adopt...One more thing to add to your list Cinny, someone with knowledge to go with you! Honestly, looking back on my life and the horses in it, I would of saved myself a small fortune, much grief and...Liked On: 07-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Posted On: 07-21-2014, 11:38 AMCinnys Whinny liked post by Ace80908 On thread : Rescue Pony - the adventure begins.Snickers is just cruising along, loves the girls, is gaining weight like crazy, and is generally a very sweet little girl. She has her moments though - like today when I went in to worm her - it was...Liked On: 07-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Posted On: 07-20-2014, 10:56 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.