- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Hi. I noticed that you haven't come back after asking your question, and I hope that you aren't too frustrated with the responses to continue? You have been very brave and forthcoming in your posts and especially by providing video, which made me assume that you truly want the help you asked for, as disparate as that an be on an Internet forum. Your questions are all valid, and you can be sure that there are many people lurking who share your questions and your issues with Cinny, and are anxious to share in the knowledge that you have bravely asked for, without the scrutiny.
I would be happy to help you through PMs, if you'd be more comfortable. But please watch Jane's video so that we can start with some common ground.
- Cool post about tapping and touching. My gelding is sunscreen shy and so I've been target training various items for him to touch. He backs up with anxiety from scary items. I've treated hin for not backing up and for touching the item. When you say you tap and he touches, are you tapping with the dressage whip to say, his toe, or your fingers?
- When I go to your profile I see a picture there so I am assuming you mean the picture that is next to your name when you post. This is actually a different picture. It really confused me too when I first came here. What you want to do is click on "user CP" That will take you to your user control panel. On the left you want to click "Edit Avatar." Your Avatar is the picture that shows up on your posts. You can either use a picture that is already on the web such as one you have on your Flickr account or photobucket or you an upload one. They work best if they are no biger than 200X200. I found that 200H X 150W works best because sometimes it will squish your picture and distort it.
Does this help?
- About Cinnys Whinny
- I grew up around horses but went for a spell of not having any. I am recently back in the game!
- ~*~ NEBRASKA ~*~
- Current Status
- Enjoying the day....
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- csimkunas6 liked post by Cinnys Whinny On thread : Highlights from today's showTook Cin to the first schooling show of the year today. We were stuck in the arena that he (along with about 20 other horses) hate with a passion. It wasn't really a fight I wanted to fight with him...Liked On: 04-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 04-05-2014, 09:53 PMGlenknock liked post by Cinnys Whinny On thread : Skinny Up! The Rider Wellness and Weight Loss Thread!HI, I'm working on weight loss too. Not only so that I can be a better rider, and have more fun with the kids, but also because Diabetes runs in my family. My doctor says I am having pre-diabetic...Liked On: 04-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Posted On: 03-07-2013, 03:22 PMbkylem liked post by Cinnys Whinny On thread : Has anyone tried "shoulders back?"Well, it has helped A LOT. My shoulder actually healed in half the time that the Ortho thought it would. He actually wanted the info to order some for other patients with similar injuries!Liked On: 04-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Posted On: 02-04-2012, 02:31 PMdisastercupcake liked post by Cinnys Whinny On thread : How much weight should go in your seat?I think that my "less is more" with the stirrups will resume. I too just normally keep enough weight in them to have a lower heel and keep my feet in them without bracing. I like a lower center of...Liked On: 04-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 05:17 PMI think that my "less is more" with the stirrups will resume. I too just normally keep enough weight in them to have a lower heel and keep my feet in them without bracing. I like a lower center of...Liked On: 04-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 05:17 PMSaddleUp158 liked post by Cinnys Whinny On thread : How much weight should go in your seat?I think that my "less is more" with the stirrups will resume. I too just normally keep enough weight in them to have a lower heel and keep my feet in them without bracing. I like a lower center of...Liked On: 04-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 05:17 PMYogiwick liked post by Cinnys Whinny On thread : Is he too thin?Thanks guys. I thought myself that it was just muscling but then second guessed myself. Sometimes it's hard to take a step back and look at your own horse to try to decide if you need to up the...Liked On: 04-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 11:48 PMYes, things are going back to "peace" at the barn. The arabian mare that was always with Cin and Monster is still in there and then the BO put a crotchety, old crank of a mare in with them.Liked On: 03-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Posted On: 03-10-2014, 11:04 AMCorporal that sounds a lot like how my current Dressage trainer teaches. It's all about "listening to the horses body" and moving with it, following it. Never pushing, never pulling, just following...Liked On: 03-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Posted On: 03-27-2014, 07:06 PMIt took a day or so for Cin to trust my friend's horse but I think he finally feels like he can actually RELAX in the turnout. See what I mean???? 387265Liked On: 03-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Posted On: 03-09-2014, 09:15 PMCinny has been moved. Today I went to get him out for the farrier and he was in another run with my friend's horse. Its a little smaller but I'm fine with that. It was so lovely to go in, pat both...Liked On: 03-27-2014, 02:01 AM
Posted On: 03-06-2014, 11:48 AMI have a wonderful one. She is a college student and can somehow weave Michael in schedule. But, it's not cheap and hubby has me limited as to how many hours a week he will pay for a sitter. Sitter...Liked On: 03-27-2014, 02:00 AM
Posted On: 03-03-2014, 07:11 PMladygodiva1228 yes, the lawyer is at the barn we may move to. ridemcowgirl069 Wow. Um, you don't know my horse, you don't know the situation I got him from, you don't know what training my horse...Liked On: 03-27-2014, 01:58 AM
Posted On: 03-03-2014, 05:08 PMOh, and being a stay at home mom, does NOT mean I get all the time in the world to play with my horse. It means I BARELY have time to see the horse. And no, I can NOT take my son to the stable, and...Liked On: 03-27-2014, 01:58 AM
Posted On: 03-03-2014, 05:39 PMYesterday she sent me a text saying she would be out at 4 to feed or all day today to do barn chores if I want to come talk it out. This morning I get up and at 9:30 told her I was on my way. She...Liked On: 03-27-2014, 01:32 AM
Posted On: 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.