Conversation Between csimkunas6 and IvyGirl
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
- Thank you! Im very excited to start his training...as far as under saddle goes, he wont get started with that until he is at least two. Depends on him if we will start then or not. I always wanted to start a rescue of my own, just never had the property to do so. Good for you for doing it though!
- Yeah good luck with training him. He is absolutly georgous and Im sure he will do great. I love my little mare to death and wouldn't trade her for the world. I really am glad that my gleding has a good home were I know he is safe. I hate seeing anyone abuseing animals so I try to rescue as many as I can. I have the space but not always the money for more. We actually sort of opperate like a animal shelter, meaning that we try to find homes for as many animals as we can. Those we can not give away to deserving homes stay on our own farm.
- Wow!! Sounds like your mare is a one of a kind horse! Thats how I want my little guy to be! So far with the little things Ive wanted him to do(on the ground of course) he has all done very willingly!!! And I cant wait to get him started under saddle...sorry to hear that about your gelding though. At least you know he has a great, and safe home where he is now!!
- Aww he sounds really awsome. I currently have two horses. My mare sunshine is used for just about every rodeo event there is. I have roped, penned, barrel races, pole bended, potato race, 1 man pick up, ext. She takes everything in stride , but her favorite thing to do is to go on trail rides around the farm. She knows them so well that I can fall asleep on her back and she will finish the trail and take me home. I trust her completly. My gelding will unfortunatly never be ridden. He has some genetic issues with his feet that can not be corrected and has lost one of his eyes. HammerHead is kept around mainly as a companion for Sunshine and because I am terrified anyone else would put him down.
- Thats really neat! Im hoping that when he gets a bit older we start winning a lot of events!! He was bred to run barrels, Im sure we will do some, but Im not sure how much of it we'll do. He loves to jump LOL...he jumped a round bale when I first bought him, and the Barn Owners couldnt believe it!!! Im planning on using him as my versatility horse, whatever I do, I hope he'll do too!! Do you have any horses?
- Yeah its deffiniatly interesting. The horse up here has been going to rodeos for about two years now. I saw your picture and got all excited especially when I saw you were from nc. The girl who rides the horse that looks like yours wins a lot of the events, but I don't know anything else about them. I think this horses name is Sampson.
- Wow! Thats really neat!! My horse's name is Rodeo, lol...thats the only link to the Rodeo he has right now. He is 16months old this month, so definitely wasnt him. Thats really interesting though! I cant seem to find too many horses that look anything like him.
- Ahh apparently I live on the other side of the state lol. I live near Boone nc on the Tn state line. Its wierd because there is a horse that goes to a rodeo nearby that looks just like yours. The only diffrence is the brown is a little bit light but I figured that its because the seasons are changing.
- Hi.....I actually just moved back to NC, about 2 weeks or so ago.....havent been to too many horse events though, where do you live in NC? Im in Shallotte. My horse isnt down here yet, hes up in WV still. Im planning on getting him down here by the end of this month.