- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
- hello there,im new to site and saw your message about loving lil ones.i bought a mare who had a foul now two months old.hes jumping up at me and biting.hes mum is new forrest and dad cob i believe?hes nearly the same size as mum so i need to take action now.lol.by the way i didnt know mare was preggas so big suprise hense the greeness in me.but wana give the foal ago.any good tips?x
- Hey corinowalk! I've been reading your posts about Rosie and am really looking for an experienced trainers help with my horse!
I've been trying to lunge Nala and the first time she actually did really well! I pretty much followed what i saw you doing on your video in your thread about Rosie and clicked her to trot then made a different noise to get her into a canter and i was really surprised because i had been trying desperately to lunge her but could never manage to get her to do it so i know i had to be doing something wrong ):
Well anyway at first she did really great then i 'woah'-ed her to stop and tried starting her into a trot again but this time she just turned her hind to me, started pawing at the ground with her front hoof and kicking her back leg out occasionally. I tried a stern voice and saying 'No Nala bad girl' but shes been doing it ever since and i was wondering if u have any tricks of the trade to help me out?
Thanks so much!
- Oh yeah! Nico is the 'live wire' in the barn...he was blessed with speed and he likes to show it off! I just got him this winter so weve only done a few shows, mostly gaming. I would love to show him english but I feel silly in breeches! LOL my 3 year old son is going to show him in leadline this year and that should be pretty cute!
- Wow they have a lot in comman. Mine acts like a 2 year old yet too! I keep telling her she isn't a young filly anymore and start acting her age but she doesn't listen (possibly because they don't understand english....) haha. My horses name is Sheza Charmer (Charm) sometimes Charmless. depending on the day =) Are you showing Nico at all?
- About corinowalk
- Momma to David, Aaralyn and Nico. Proud wife to Bobby
- Current Status
- is a member of a secret society. If you ask nicely, I will show you the way to the batwing doors.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- That Friesian liked post by corinowalk On thread : Famous horse look-alikes...Share yours!Nico and his 100% foundation great grandsire. I think they look so much alike!Liked On: 07-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Posted On: 10-07-2010, 12:40 AMJoyinDriving liked post by corinowalk On thread : 1st show in 20 yrs is next weekend. Excited :)Let me be the first to wish you good luck! I had a 15 year absence from the show ring myself and let me tell you, its better and more exciting than it was when i was younger. I take it much more...Liked On: 01-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Posted On: 06-07-2010, 01:48 AMMouseZ liked post by corinowalk On thread : help me name my new little boy ?!?!Sephora or Mabeline since he looks like he is wearing make up. Maybe RuPaul! LOLLiked On: 07-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Posted On: 10-05-2010, 12:31 AMHeres a funny story about non horsey people. In HS my friend cathy wanted to come riding. She had taken 2 lessons when she was 6 and told me that she could teach me a few things about riding (I...Liked On: 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Posted On: 07-01-2010, 03:38 PMWe have a barn full of super sleepers. They all love to sunbathe. We had a humane officer show up at our farm a few years back and asked to see the horses. We are a rescue and didn't ask any...Liked On: 11-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Posted On: 07-01-2010, 01:34 AMGaited07 liked post by corinowalk On thread : Gaited horse trainersI agree and disagree with this at the same time LOL While I think any trainer should be able to start a horse...after 4 months you should be getting into gaiting. I understand that *any*...Liked On: 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Posted On: 09-16-2010, 02:38 PMTobysthebesthorseever liked post by corinowalk On thread : LOL - Hilarious things non-horsey people sayHeres a funny story about non horsey people. In HS my friend cathy wanted to come riding. She had taken 2 lessons when she was 6 and told me that she could teach me a few things about riding (I...Liked On: 05-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Posted On: 07-01-2010, 03:38 PMRiverBelle liked post by corinowalk On thread : deworming on a full moon?Mine doesnt. Im always concerned about making a mess of my beloved saddle!Liked On: 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Posted On: 09-15-2010, 04:47 PMcrimsonsky liked post by corinowalk On thread : Black oil sunflower seeds1/4 C of BOSS isn't going to throw your ratio off so much. Pound for pound, they have a great calorie content and provide lots of benefits to skin and coat. My boy gets 1/4 C a feeding or as a...Liked On: 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Posted On: 07-25-2011, 04:02 PMflytobecat liked post by corinowalk On thread : Will your horse respond to your bit?Well said! Love every word. I think people to often jump to the next bit up as a shortcut to good training. I also prefer to ride a curb. Only when the snaffle training is done. I have...Liked On: 07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Posted On: 08-16-2010, 08:11 PMSilvera liked post by corinowalk On thread : LOL - Hilarious things non-horsey people sayWe have a barn full of super sleepers. They all love to sunbathe. We had a humane officer show up at our farm a few years back and asked to see the horses. We are a rescue and didn't ask any...Liked On: 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Posted On: 07-01-2010, 01:34 AMjennyandjesse liked post by corinowalk On thread : Leaving halter on when riding!?I love trail bridles. They are inexpensive and offer all the benefits of riding with a halter on without all the extra bulk. Heres my buddy Scooter in his halter/bridle-trail bridle.Liked On: 04-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Posted On: 01-02-2011, 04:34 PMDingDong liked post by corinowalk On thread : True Beginners Jumping (WARNING rant included)While I agree that it is unsafe, they are a beginner barn. 90% of those kids wont be riding in 5 years. The drop out rate on riding is as big as any other sport kids play when they are younger. ...Liked On: 04-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Posted On: 08-31-2010, 06:49 PMflyingchange1991 liked post by corinowalk On thread : How often do your horses get days off from riding?If I had the chance to ride everyday, I would. I am a *FIRM* believer that a horse that has consistant work is a GOOD horse. If you work your horse a little every day...he wont have the chance to...Liked On: 04-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Posted On: 07-29-2010, 02:33 PMkm2954 liked post by corinowalk On thread : Riding in shortsSweet! If wearing shorts makes me classless, lazy and inconsiderate, what makes you have class, ambiton and consideration? Breeches?Liked On: 03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Posted On: 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.