- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Wow. My vet has us on limited turnout and hand-walking but not riding. He's getting cold-lasered 3x per week and wearing his back-on-track boots overnight. He just arrived at the tendon-sheath idea this evening, though, so that may change. The swelling always seems to be better after I've been hand-walking him, too. Vet had to give my boy a steroid shot for hives (it never rains but it pours...) and said if that caused the swelling to go down and then come back, it was probably tendon-fluid leaking from a small damage in the sheath. I haven't ridden my boy in a month and I really miss it. :(
I keep coming across your posts. My horse came up lame under saddle. He had a small lump behind his foreleg. Vet thought it was a sting, but then the swelling expanded up and down. Vet #1 sent Vet #2 for ultrasound, and found "mild" damage to the suspensory but mostly a LOT of fluid, none in the tendons or ligaments, and they thought the swelling would go down quickly.
Now it's 5 weeks out, and the swelling got worse and it IS getting better, but not fast. Vet #1 is now he's thinking that my horse dinged his tendon sheath, and the first bump was tendon fluid, and then it spread out. His leg looks like the pics you posted of your horse's leg.
I know you said your horse is sound now. How long did that take? Did anything seem to help? I know it's patience...but no one at my barn has had this, so I don't get the usual stuff from someone who had that very thing happen to their horse three years ago.
- No I haven't seen him other than pictures since he left our stables. I heard he looks FAB and is doing amazing! (He looked like crap when he left...all our horses did from horrible feeding) Maybe I should stop by sometime. ;P I heard he was going to Oaks, but never heard any results. Thats awesome, he is such a cool horse. We were sad that we couldn't keep him ourselves. Haha Believe it or not the stables we were selling him for thought he was their worst horse and thought him untalented and not kid friendly.
Ahhhhh, we might have run into each other. Haha. The facility was amazing, but the management was poor. I have moved on from there.
- Awww I wish I could! If only I had a truck! She seems to know more of what she is doing than most the trainers I have come in contact with.
I'm currently boarding at her friends stables, Teri Cagel. When she was in Whittier I happened to board at the same stables.
And friend and I were working with Linus before we sold him to her. ;) Sometimes I feel the horse world is so small. Nice to meet someone from the area.
- About Oxer
- Work, School, Riding. That's my life as a whole.
- Southern California
- Life seems mighty precious, when there's less of it to waste.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Oxer liked post by SullysRider On thread : Most Insane Inquiries?That's why you always watch the owner ride the horse first! Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 02-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Posted On: 02-17-2014, 12:45 PMOxer liked post by showjumperachel On thread : Lets see those jumps gone wrong!Falling off at a show always sucks! For a second there I thought the chestnut was jumping out of the arena! Here are a few I have: The first one: I don't even know what happened. She managed...Liked On: 02-14-2014, 02:39 AM
Posted On: 02-12-2014, 09:57 PMOxer liked post by Corazon Lock On thread : Lets see those jumps gone wrong!Haha, yes, let's revive it! Because I have a good one to start with! https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/1534758_619854098081818_1343678496_o.jpg I fell off twice at that...Liked On: 02-14-2014, 02:38 AM
Posted On: 02-12-2014, 10:53 AMOxer liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : Fair or Not Fair? (sort of a rant) looking for inputFirst of all, life isn't fair. Second of all, it's 2'6" jumpers. The "wrong" horses always win in the low low jumpers because those who take the time to ride the horse correctly, set him up for...Liked On: 01-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Posted On: 01-14-2014, 11:56 AMOxer liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Meet BonesWell calling her Bones at the moment, it may change, 3 months old, born in a rescue, thought to be a Dobie x Rottie, yeah right, I see Dobie, but not Rottie and obviously something with white in...Liked On: 01-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Posted On: 01-14-2014, 11:05 PMOxer liked post by waresbear On thread : Horses really are petsTo some people, they could be pets I suppose? To me, no, they are my fitness equipment, lol.Liked On: 12-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Posted On: 12-28-2013, 03:22 AMOxer liked post by paintluver On thread : All the pretty paints! (Show me yours)Gavyn is technically a paint, though he is modest and doesn't like to show his "Paint" LolLiked On: 12-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Posted On: 12-26-2013, 03:24 PMOxer liked post by SueNH On thread : Food aggressive mareFor 25 yrs I stood outside in all kinds of weather keeping my big bozo out of others food. Either make a space to feed them separately or stand out there.Liked On: 12-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Posted On: 12-15-2013, 09:49 AMOxer liked post by Cherie On thread : Minor tendon inflammationI would keep using DMSO at least 2X a day and cold hose when possible. [DMSO does more good than cols hosing.] I would rest the horse for at least 2 weeks and reevaluate it then. Any evaluation...Liked On: 12-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Posted On: 12-04-2013, 09:42 AMOxer liked post by CarrotMan On thread : I Built Some New Jump Standards with Window BlindsI've been working on these for a little while and finally got them completed. Found the vinyl window blinds in one of those Habitat for Humanity Re-Store Outlets for less than $20 and figured I could...Liked On: 10-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Posted On: 10-16-2013, 01:27 AMOxer liked post by Admin_Yungster On thread : September 2013 Horse Photo of the Month Contest Resultsscubadreams (5 votes) http://www.horseforum.com/contests/9-2013-1378616619-66-32935-800.jpgLiked On: 10-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Posted On: 10-02-2013, 01:03 PMOxer liked post by ShootinNewton On thread : Cody the 9 week old BLIND Andalusian colt!So glad we found this forum and this thread about Cody. We saw the note that went out when he was first born and were praying that he'd find a home. What a warm story to read about for a change in...Liked On: 09-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Posted On: 09-05-2013, 05:24 PMOxer liked post by franknbeans On thread : What it's like to ride a Champion 5gaited Saddlebred at Louisville.No, thank you. Nothing about that looked fun. Perhaps because when I say Whoa, I expect my horse to stop, but then I ride reiners. I do not say it again , and again, and again.......after a while...Liked On: 09-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Posted On: 08-22-2013, 08:40 PMOxer liked post by Zexious On thread : Critique My PositionOne word: heels.Liked On: 09-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Posted On: 08-31-2013, 07:03 PMOxer liked post by smrobs On thread : Horrific Loss...How the Heck do I cope? What do I tell my son?! (graphic descrip)Well, at the risk of sounding callous or uncaring....you do have one less equine than you had before. I'd lightly pressure hubby to at least consider a donkey or a mule (they can both be...Liked On: 08-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Posted On: 08-28-2013, 04:33 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.