- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Wow. My vet has us on limited turnout and hand-walking but not riding. He's getting cold-lasered 3x per week and wearing his back-on-track boots overnight. He just arrived at the tendon-sheath idea this evening, though, so that may change. The swelling always seems to be better after I've been hand-walking him, too. Vet had to give my boy a steroid shot for hives (it never rains but it pours...) and said if that caused the swelling to go down and then come back, it was probably tendon-fluid leaking from a small damage in the sheath. I haven't ridden my boy in a month and I really miss it. :(
I keep coming across your posts. My horse came up lame under saddle. He had a small lump behind his foreleg. Vet thought it was a sting, but then the swelling expanded up and down. Vet #1 sent Vet #2 for ultrasound, and found "mild" damage to the suspensory but mostly a LOT of fluid, none in the tendons or ligaments, and they thought the swelling would go down quickly.
Now it's 5 weeks out, and the swelling got worse and it IS getting better, but not fast. Vet #1 is now he's thinking that my horse dinged his tendon sheath, and the first bump was tendon fluid, and then it spread out. His leg looks like the pics you posted of your horse's leg.
I know you said your horse is sound now. How long did that take? Did anything seem to help? I know it's patience...but no one at my barn has had this, so I don't get the usual stuff from someone who had that very thing happen to their horse three years ago.
- No I haven't seen him other than pictures since he left our stables. I heard he looks FAB and is doing amazing! (He looked like crap when he left...all our horses did from horrible feeding) Maybe I should stop by sometime. ;P I heard he was going to Oaks, but never heard any results. Thats awesome, he is such a cool horse. We were sad that we couldn't keep him ourselves. Haha Believe it or not the stables we were selling him for thought he was their worst horse and thought him untalented and not kid friendly.
Ahhhhh, we might have run into each other. Haha. The facility was amazing, but the management was poor. I have moved on from there.
- Awww I wish I could! If only I had a truck! She seems to know more of what she is doing than most the trainers I have come in contact with.
I'm currently boarding at her friends stables, Teri Cagel. When she was in Whittier I happened to board at the same stables.
And friend and I were working with Linus before we sold him to her. ;) Sometimes I feel the horse world is so small. Nice to meet someone from the area.
- About Oxer
- Work, School, Riding. That's my life as a whole.
- Southern California
- Life seems mighty precious, when there's less of it to waste.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Oxer liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : Now what did you do **GRAPHIC PHOTOS**Oxer, about the no shoes thing. I think you know that I have always been a proponent of using shoes on high performance horses as they do have many benefits. But after some recent revelations with my...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Posted On: 05-20-2013, 01:34 AMOxer liked post by Merlot On thread : Now what did you do **GRAPHIC PHOTOS**His hooves may be a bit tender at first while the blood flows through, (sort of like when we get pins and needles after sitting awkwardly till the blood gets through again. That will comes right...Liked On: 05-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Posted On: 05-19-2013, 04:38 PMOxer liked post by MacabreMikolaj On thread : Critique my jumping position!Thank you alexis! I agree. I went back and watched and my "checking" is just too blatant. Also as my scoliosis affects my neck and shoulders, it's more difficult to look as "up". We've been...Liked On: 04-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Posted On: 04-29-2013, 02:28 AMOxer liked post by EmsTNWalkers On thread : The 30-something's Thread!! *finally*Hi Afton, welcome! So this evening when I went down to feed Dalilah and Pan, I got to see Pan interact and play a little for the first time with his little brother! It was soo cute! Then he...Liked On: 04-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2013, 08:51 PMOxer liked post by GamingGrrl On thread : Strange City and/or Town NamesHumptulips, Washington :lol: Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 04-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Posted On: 04-21-2013, 10:45 PMOxer liked post by tinyliny On thread : this is really BIZARRE!what this short video. shows some of the oddities of life in a gravity-less environment. What happens when you wring out a washcloth in space? - Boing Boing...Liked On: 04-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Posted On: 04-20-2013, 07:33 PMOxer liked post by LouieThePalomino On thread : Dumbest Horse For Sale AdsLMAO that is the best ad I have ever seen!!Liked On: 04-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 10:39 AMOxer liked post by KyMoMoF3CuTiEs On thread : The 30-something's Thread!! *finally*My beautiful baby girl!!! Kaylin Ann 11 years old! I cried when I saw some of her pictures!!!!!Liked On: 04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Posted On: 04-20-2013, 06:18 PMOxer liked post by Roadyy On thread : Dumbest Horse For Sale AdsConvertible horse trailer,,man whachoo talking about them things are awesome for letting the mane flow in the wind...Liked On: 04-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Posted On: 04-13-2013, 11:54 AMOxer liked post by MHFoundation Quarters On thread : The 30-something's Thread!! *finally*You could stay if you want Stan. You're thirty too, just twice over....Liked On: 04-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Posted On: 04-14-2013, 09:09 AMOxer liked post by Stan On thread : The 30-something's Thread!! *finally*I sneeked in for a peek and have discovered the thirtys thread talk about the same things the wrinklies thread talk about, only thirty years earlier. Now i'll leave you young things and return to my...Liked On: 04-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Posted On: 04-14-2013, 06:08 AMOxer liked post by Brighteyes On thread : i need physics help!Momentum = mass x velocity. Inertia = mass. Inertia is a property of matter that resists changes in velocity. If you were driving a large truck, the truck's mass would mean a lot of inertia. In car...Liked On: 04-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Posted On: 04-11-2013, 10:27 PMOxer liked post by waresbear On thread : Linda Parelli helmeted, after decades!A helmet won't keep you safe, it just prevents a head injury should you happen to bang your head. So in other words, it prevents you from wearing depends and drinking out of a sippy cup after your...Liked On: 04-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Posted On: 04-13-2013, 07:24 PMOxer liked post by loosie On thread : Linda Parelli helmeted, after decades!Well I know over here in Aus at least, liability insurance for anything to do with horses is horrific & helmets are required to be covered...Liked On: 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Posted On: 04-11-2013, 10:07 PMOxer liked post by CLaPorte432 On thread : Please keep Robbie in your thoughts - *UPDATE* Sadly, Robbie lost the fightthanks for sharing your story. i wish you well in your court battle. robbie deserves justice. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Posted On: 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.