- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Wow. My vet has us on limited turnout and hand-walking but not riding. He's getting cold-lasered 3x per week and wearing his back-on-track boots overnight. He just arrived at the tendon-sheath idea this evening, though, so that may change. The swelling always seems to be better after I've been hand-walking him, too. Vet had to give my boy a steroid shot for hives (it never rains but it pours...) and said if that caused the swelling to go down and then come back, it was probably tendon-fluid leaking from a small damage in the sheath. I haven't ridden my boy in a month and I really miss it. :(
I keep coming across your posts. My horse came up lame under saddle. He had a small lump behind his foreleg. Vet thought it was a sting, but then the swelling expanded up and down. Vet #1 sent Vet #2 for ultrasound, and found "mild" damage to the suspensory but mostly a LOT of fluid, none in the tendons or ligaments, and they thought the swelling would go down quickly.
Now it's 5 weeks out, and the swelling got worse and it IS getting better, but not fast. Vet #1 is now he's thinking that my horse dinged his tendon sheath, and the first bump was tendon fluid, and then it spread out. His leg looks like the pics you posted of your horse's leg.
I know you said your horse is sound now. How long did that take? Did anything seem to help? I know it's patience...but no one at my barn has had this, so I don't get the usual stuff from someone who had that very thing happen to their horse three years ago.
- No I haven't seen him other than pictures since he left our stables. I heard he looks FAB and is doing amazing! (He looked like crap when he left...all our horses did from horrible feeding) Maybe I should stop by sometime. ;P I heard he was going to Oaks, but never heard any results. Thats awesome, he is such a cool horse. We were sad that we couldn't keep him ourselves. Haha Believe it or not the stables we were selling him for thought he was their worst horse and thought him untalented and not kid friendly.
Ahhhhh, we might have run into each other. Haha. The facility was amazing, but the management was poor. I have moved on from there.
- Awww I wish I could! If only I had a truck! She seems to know more of what she is doing than most the trainers I have come in contact with.
I'm currently boarding at her friends stables, Teri Cagel. When she was in Whittier I happened to board at the same stables.
And friend and I were working with Linus before we sold him to her. ;) Sometimes I feel the horse world is so small. Nice to meet someone from the area.
- About Oxer
- Work, School, Riding. That's my life as a whole.
- Southern California
- Life seems mighty precious, when there's less of it to waste.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- EvilHorseOfDoom liked post by Oxer On thread : What do you think of his technique?Pretty nice. I like that he pushes off with both hind legs when he gets that good spot (as you can see in picture #2). I like in picture #1 that he's nice and square in front and has his legs out and...Liked On: 11-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Posted On: 11-16-2013, 11:59 PMGageholmes1 liked post by Oxer On thread : Horse's Jumping ConformationShe doesn't look terribly careful with her hind end, but other than that, I love her little jump! She kinda' looks arab to me. What is her breeding? Lovely lovely little jumper mare. Are you planning...Liked On: 11-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Posted On: 11-02-2013, 02:16 PMstevenson liked post by Oxer On thread : Winter Coat GrowthI have already body clipped once, and will need to clip again within the next 2 weeks. I'm in Southern California. :)Liked On: 10-06-2013, 03:44 AM
Posted On: 10-06-2013, 03:41 AMrexing93 liked post by Oxer On thread : Beginner Rider. Critique please!(:Photo 3: No looking down. :) I also agree that you should put your irons up a hole or two and see how you feel about it. You've got a little bit of an unfortunate body type for jumping. You're...Liked On: 09-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Posted On: 07-28-2013, 02:17 PMSkyseternalangel liked post by Oxer On thread : Feeling so positive about OllieI like this little saying. Because only you can truly understand all the time, effort, stress, work, happy, sad, good, bad... that you have invested in your horse. When it finally clicks, it's the...Liked On: 08-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Posted On: 08-26-2013, 01:57 AMNorthern liked post by Oxer On thread : Horrific Loss...How the Heck do I cope? What do I tell my son?! (graphic descrip)here in California, which i notice you're in California as well, i have grown accustomed to ignorant dog owners with an unhealthy appreciation for Pit bulls. It's kinda' the "norm" around these...Liked On: 08-27-2013, 04:25 AM
Posted On: 08-26-2013, 11:08 PMKlassic Superstar liked post by Oxer On thread : Feeling so positive about OllieI like this little saying. Because only you can truly understand all the time, effort, stress, work, happy, sad, good, bad... that you have invested in your horse. When it finally clicks, it's the...Liked On: 08-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Posted On: 08-26-2013, 01:57 AMWhyAHorseOfCourse liked post by Oxer On thread : How old do you think this horse is...Def younger than 10. I'd say somewhere around 7 years of age.Liked On: 08-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Posted On: 08-17-2013, 03:31 PMequinelyn liked post by Oxer On thread : My young QH started over jumpsseems to me like he might make a pretty nice lower level hunter. I like that he's pretty quiet, doesn't rush the base of the fences, and looks like he enjoys the job. Remember to keep jumping fun and...Liked On: 08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Posted On: 04-29-2013, 12:17 AMsmrobs liked post by Oxer On thread : how to get more "horse" when showing...?Well... if nothing else... it was a lesson well learned. I had never shown my horse before, and thus, didn't know really what to expect. I would still like to be able to build up his endurance and...Liked On: 08-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Posted On: 08-12-2013, 02:40 AMElaineLighten liked post by Oxer On thread : Changing horses messes me up! [video]Yes... i would say your first little pinto pony jumps a bit "odd". What you're feeling is that she doesn't rock back on her hind and push off with a nice round bascule. This mean all she's doing is...Liked On: 08-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Posted On: 08-10-2013, 02:40 AMohmyitschelle liked post by Oxer On thread : Another jumping critique thread...My only real critique would be: I would like to see a bit more release. Your first picture is the best. Your leg is solid, you're giving an appropriate auto release, and you can see your horse is...Liked On: 08-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Posted On: 07-31-2013, 11:28 PMshowjumperachel liked post by Oxer On thread : Jumping Critiqueto me, you ride like a jumper rider. I actually like your leg in most of these shots. I dislike this new idea that a riders leg is to be locked at the girth and you are to lay your chest on your...Liked On: 08-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Posted On: 08-01-2013, 01:53 AMBarrelBunny liked post by Oxer On thread : Hunters playing JumpersThere isn't any reason to become defensive. I have been riding for a long time. All kinds of horses. And I make no qualms about having been someone that "rides to survive" from time to time. I did a...Liked On: 07-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Posted On: 07-27-2013, 01:04 AMKWPNowner liked post by Oxer On thread : Hunters playing JumpersThere isn't any reason to become defensive. I have been riding for a long time. All kinds of horses. And I make no qualms about having been someone that "rides to survive" from time to time. I did a...Liked On: 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Posted On: 07-27-2013, 01:04 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.