- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
- Certainly. Your comment makes perfect sense. I think most novices equate a non-problem horse with the plodding old lesson horse that you have to pound on the ribs to get to a trot.
Glad you like the blog. I only get to work with most of those horses for a short time before the owner leases them out or sells them. Lots of seat of the pants work going on there. I haven't been out there at all this season. We're closing things out here stateside in preparation for moving to our retirement farm.
- Oh, no I didn't have surgery on my shoulder, one of the reasons that they kept me so long, everything was help together with tape, and I wasn't allowed to move much until it kind of stuck together. Also we have the joy of the Canadian Health service, who don't want to let you go until you are fit. LOL< the final tally, was broken shoulder blade, and breast bone, 9 distinct breaks of fractures to the ribs, and a slightly bashed knee, all on the right, the left got off with a broken wrist. Then there was the punctured lung, all topped off by a great case of gravel rash just to make me look pretty! Your injuries were a lot worse from what I remember...
- Year ago I got drilled into the ground while trying to get on Ben, my big black guy, here you go http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...n-hard-363410/ there is the story. I hear you about the bra straps, that and when I am wearing loose tops in teh heat here it all creeps down my shoulder
- SOrry, I'll stop laughing in a minute! Yes, I am grateful that I have recovered nearly 100%, still a bit lopsided, and my ribs ache when it rains, but mostly I am good. I'm glad you found Blossom, you got her after your accident didn't you? I swear that if Gibbs hadn't already been here I may have never got back on a horse again.
- When I got my Paso Fino mare she was ridden in a side pull & I was told she didn't like a bit. I did try her w/a couple of different ones-she responded, but was uncomfortable. I had a bitless set-up-rode her in that sometimes, used a jumping hackamore a few times & did trail ride w/just a halter & looped leadrope. After a couple of years she started taking advantage when other horses moved away faster than she liked or on going downhills. So I went to a snaffle, then found a French link in a parelli headstall. That turned out to be perfect. The picture of that is in my profile, I believe. After 2 years of no bits, & really getting to know me & our trails, it was no longer an issue.
- About HagonNag
- Cynical, sarcastic and intolerant of fools. My bitch switch sometimes gets stuck "on." :-)
- State of Confusion (SC)
- trail riding, flowers, opera, blues, watching the dawn w/coffee. Fall. Mountains.
- happily retired rabble rouser
- Current Status
- Still married after 44 years to her DH, still laughing, and enjoying her horses, DB & Blossom!
- I'm not a complete idiot--there are parts missing!
What you have become is the price you paid to get what you used to want.
- I'm not a complete idiot--there are parts missing!
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Allison Finch
- Super Moderator
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- HagonNag liked post by egrogan On thread : Oh Stryder.. (graphic)Saw the title of the thread and didn't know if I should laugh or brace for what I was about to read! Sending thoughts for (another) speedy recovery! :) Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Posted On: 09-09-2014, 10:26 PMHagonNag liked post by franknbeans On thread : Dog bites horseBefore you do anything,make sure you have a stall elsewhere. She may just say GET OUT NOW. Then, and only then, would I approach her and try to reason with her. I, too would want the rest of the...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 08:13 AMHagonNag liked post by Elana On thread : Dog bites horseFirst and foremost, I would take the OTHER half out of your next board bill and include with it a letter, signed and witnessed, why the board payment has been reduced. I would also include a letter...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:45 AM
Posted On: 09-20-2014, 06:34 AMHagonNag liked post by stevenson On thread : Dog bites horseMove. The other boarders know that this dog will nip a horse. If you are uncomfortable with the situation move.Liked On: Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Posted On: 09-20-2014, 01:55 AMHagonNag liked post by Dakota23 On thread : Dog bites horseI am considering moving her, I just don't want to chance it becuase "next time" it could be worse! :shock: I think it is going to cause problems if I stay, I don't want to be known as the person who...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Posted On: 09-20-2014, 12:06 AMHagonNag liked post by Left Hand Percherons On thread : Dog bites horseMove. Pretty simple. They don't have a clue. If you were to contact their insurance company which you have every right to, they would be up a creek without a paddle. Every insurance policy on...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 11:07 PMHagonNag liked post by sarahfromsc On thread : Dog bites horseHaving a dog that is a known biter running around a boarding facility is not kosher.Liked On: Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 09:44 PMHagonNag liked post by beau159 On thread : CataractsI'm not a vet, but I am an eye doctor (the human kind). There are similarities (and differences) between a horse eye and a human eye. There is NOTHING that will reverse cataracts in a human,...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:32 AM
Posted On: 04-24-2014, 02:18 PMHagonNag liked post by Dakota23 On thread : Shaky legSo I had a new farrier out and we put front shoes on her. She said the reason was because she was walking on her sole, and the last trimmer didn't trim her right. After some growth we can balance her...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:30 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 10:44 PMHagonNag liked post by trailhorserider On thread : Being offered a Senior horse from a friend..what to do??I think old horses are worth their weight in gold. I adore them. :-)Liked On: Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 01:50 AMHagonNag liked post by Speed Racer On thread : Is this classed as animal abuse?So you think because we believe that keeping a horse on less than one acre is not an optimum arrangement, we should run roughshod over some stranger based on a random video you saw on YouBoob? If...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 06:44 AMHagonNag liked post by tinyliny On thread : Buying first saddlewhat sort of riding do you want to do? can you post photos of your horse's back? how old is she, and how likely to change shape (is she in condition now, or very fat, or thin, and likely to...Liked On: Yesterday, 07:58 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 09:33 PMHagonNag liked post by smrobs On thread : Buying first saddleSynthetics are relatively easy to find and there are some people who swear by them, but I don't much care for them personally. There are others on here who can tell you the good brands and which...Liked On: Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 02:59 PMHagonNag liked post by jaydee On thread : Uncooperative horsesGlad you've sorted that out - if it works I don't knock it!!!Liked On: 09-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Posted On: 09-16-2014, 10:11 PMHagonNag liked post by Cmck On thread : Uncooperative horsesUpdate: He stands still now! Here's what I did. When I tried to mount and he moved, I got off and lunged him using the reins, in circles, making him move in both directions. Idea behind this- horse...Liked On: 09-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Posted On: 09-15-2014, 08:12 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.