- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 361 to 370 of 388
- Alot of people on the forum got upset with my story about Beau's health emergency during a horrible snowstorm and how the owners of the property and my own son and daughter risked their lives to save him. I honestly don't care what they think. I was SOOO proud of my son that day.....he risked his life to save his horse. What mother wouldn't be proud of a son like that?! I would risk my life for the horses.....because they are a part of my family, and a part of my soul. SOME people on the forum just don't understand that for some people, their horses are important to them for reasons other than riding or shows....
My son does ride Epona. She is big and able to carry his size....and she is a superb riding horse...obedient and calm. Here are some pictures:
- So, Beau isn't being ridden....he is our friend, our inspiration, our blessing from God, and the joy of our lives, and he is also a pasture pet. If you ask him if he minds being a bum and doing nothing all day but eat grass and sleep in the sun, I have no doubt he would say he wouldn't want his life any other way!! People tell me "he needs a job". He's seen enough of the "jobs" horses are given....he was once a racehorse. I have no doubt he would NOT wish to have another job like that!!!!
- I am happy to tell you that Beau and Epona DO NOT wear horseshoes. Neither my farrier or I agree with horses wearing them. Our farrier agrees with you, the make the hoof weak and can lead to abscesses. Both of my horses are barefoot and they have EXTRAORDINARY hooves....strong and healthy. I do not like the "wasting away in the pasture" mindset either. I'll be honest...No one in my family is able to ride Beau .... my daughter, husband and I are not skilled enough. We only do trail riding and then only once in a while. My son is POSSIBLY skilled enough to ride him as he has had years of riding lessons, BUT my son is 6 ft and weighs 225 lbs...sorry, I don't know the metric equivalent of that..... but we are worried he is too big to ride Beau. Beau is a big boy, also....he is 16 hands high and weighs about 1,300 lbs...but he is a Thoroughbred, and they have slender bone structures more so than a standard horse.
- Btw ... about that horse cookie again .... if it is literally a cookie ( ??? i don't know .. ) isn't it kinda ... not healthy as it may contain eggs which are organic ... and horses are vegetarians ... just saying .. (srry if my english sucks ... I try my best not to xD )
- There was also an ideea of someone on the forum which said that "there is no chance to save a horse while endangering your own life" , a person you probably know ( it looks as if she/he is kinda against you ) . I've seen many cases on the news or on the internet in which horses were saving the life of humans ... and in obvious manner that practically says "I care" (pushing them in a safer palce with their heads in one case .. if i remember well)
srry for posting so much ... rage posts =)) ... but eh .. at least i'm a pacifist ... i won't hit anyone for my opinion :)
- I'm not really ok with castrating a horse either :
100 % for when it's done just so he would be more cooperative .
and maybe a 50 % for when it's done because he is along with a mare or more and can't be sepparated from them ... but eh ... there may be always another solution in my opinion ..
Other thing would be probabbly what i've seen here on the forum and at some other people , the ideea that a horse is "wasting away in pasture" if not ridden ... (most stupid ideea and similar to a materiallist .. just that the material thing for them here is the horse ... viewed as an object of transport or races or anything else that would do their bidding..)
- Yeah .... people can be so selfish ... they race only for those stupid bets to earn lots of money ... but they don't even think that money can't buy happiness ( though if u come to think of it deeper ... we are selfish too , in an odd way ... we actually want to reach happiness through their happiness ... but that's waaay better than earn some stupid money ... and nobody is hurt ... just loved ). And i'm not ok with several other things that maybe some people really ignore .. such as horse shoes for instance , well .. not the shoes themselfes but the nails hammered into the wall , they compromise the hoof and makes it much more likely to get an infection or abscess .... at least that's what i've read (hope Beau and Epona don't have any as the terrain where they are seems soft-alike)
- lovely vids, thank you for sending them to me.
I would love to run with the horses....but I am too slow....lol
I absolutely LOVE watching horses run...but not in the races where they are being hit with riding crops, but running because they feel good and are healthy and run to have FUN>
here is my latest video of Beau and Epona just running, acting silly, and being happy horses....
- About Beauseant
- Current Status
- owner of 6 yr. old TB gelding & 9 yr. old Belgian mare
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|