- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 27
- I just reading "Gaining your horse's respect?" post and loved the information you posted. I sure wish I lived in OK, because I would love to meet you and pick you brain about this gelding I'm dealing with. I've never met you, but highly respect you just by your posts.
- I owe you an apology. I have quoted you and referred to you and talked about your methods a number of times, and have referred to you as "he" and "him". I recall reading someone's post a while back that indicated you were a man using his wife's account to post. I finally decided to look at your profile. I am sorry for the error and will mend my ways immediately! I must say I pay strict attention to your posts. I have learned a lot reading them and putting your methods to the test. I am a novice trainer, even though I have been handling horses more almost 50 years. I prefer pack trips in western tack to any other kind of horse-related activity, and I prefer to train my own horses to do it. Your posts have certainly added to my horse sense. Thanks.
- I don't know why the website link would not work. Here it is again
I will check it and make sure it gets to our site. You never said where you live?
ps. Well that is strange. It worked when I clicked on it at the bottom of one of my posts but went nowhere when I clicked on it in this message. I guess you just need to type it into your browser.
- About Cherie
- semi-retired trainer due to health reasons
- horses and my grand children
- visit us at www.wolferanch.com
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Cherie liked post by COWCHICK77 On thread : Laying Down With RopesJust curious, why do you want to do it with your horse? Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 06-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Posted On: 06-27-2015, 08:18 PMCherie liked post by boots On thread : Observation of "Horse People" from a NewbieI used to run into people like you describe. Then I became more selective. I also became better at recognizing tendencies quicker. I know longer have anybody like that in my circle of...Liked On: 06-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Posted On: 06-25-2015, 06:23 PMCherie liked post by jaydee On thread : Bit recommendations for strong cob?Like Foxhunter I've ridden plenty of TB's - we used to have Point to point horses on hunting livery (board) in the winter but I've only ever been truly run off with by two horses and they were both...Liked On: 06-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Posted On: 06-20-2015, 04:52 PMThe breed does make a difference, a huge difference. Nothing can set it's neck and totally ignore the aids like a cob can. pain tolerance levels are also different in different breeds, my haflinger...Liked On: 06-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Posted On: 06-20-2015, 02:43 PMA cob with a thick set neck is an interesting thing to ride, and until I backed my haflinger I would have said that training was the answer, but not any more. I know that my haffy will tank off in a...Liked On: 06-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Posted On: 06-20-2015, 02:40 PMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Bit recommendations for strong cob?I can tell that those that say it isn't the bit it is lack of training, have never ridden a cob! They are very strong horses, bear in mind that I have ridden many racehorses when worked, some...Liked On: 06-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Posted On: 06-20-2015, 12:28 PMCherie liked post by boots On thread : Forcing horses to work in the sweltering heatI don't think it is bad for horses or bad for people to exert themselves in high humidity and heat. And don't let my Wyoming location fool you. I have lived and worked in the southeast many, many...Liked On: 06-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Posted On: 06-13-2015, 11:20 PMHe won with his ears pricked with the other horses heaving behind him. I heard Justin Zayat (racing manager & owner's son) say that AP will only run in one more race, the Breeder's Cup Classic....Liked On: 06-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Posted On: 06-07-2015, 04:23 AMHe's a magnificent mover. Just glides over the track. He's also the very first TC winner to never race at Belmont before the big day. He only got into Belmont a few days before the race - too cool!Liked On: 06-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Posted On: 06-06-2015, 09:02 PMCherie liked post by Allison Finch On thread : The Drought Is Over!This is the 4th triple crown I have watched. I really didn't think it would happen again, the way racing is run in today's world. So glad to see it.Liked On: 06-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Posted On: 06-06-2015, 08:37 PMCherie liked post by BarrelracingwithSkipper On thread : Horse kicking out while ridingYes I totally agree with everything said here, you have to ride the horse until she submits to you. Once she submits ride her around another half a lap or a lap then reward her. If your daughter cant...Liked On: 06-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Posted On: 06-03-2015, 07:31 PMCherie liked post by TessaMay On thread : Horse kicking out while ridingI'm always more inclined to make the horse continue cantering until they behave well for at least a full lap or two around the ring. If your daughter can't ride through her bucks though, you'll need...Liked On: 06-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Posted On: 06-03-2015, 04:28 PMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Horse kicking out while ridingAs you say a chiro has looked at her taking it that she is not in pain but this has become a habit. The horse needs a stronger rider who acts like they are a total novice so it encourages her to...Liked On: 06-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Posted On: 06-03-2015, 08:36 AMCherie liked post by franknbeans On thread : Horse kicking out while ridingIMO, said horse has your daughters number. Do you not have a trainer who can help her with this? This will likely not get better without help, since now the confidence has gone from your daughter. ...Liked On: 06-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Posted On: 06-02-2015, 08:22 PMCherie liked post by natisha On thread : Colt's Perplexing New Issue Has Me Bruised!I think he was protecting "his girls in his area." You have to make him know it's all yours. I'd start with finishing his halter training, with a stud chain.Liked On: 06-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Posted On: 06-02-2015, 06:24 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.