- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 26
- I owe you an apology. I have quoted you and referred to you and talked about your methods a number of times, and have referred to you as "he" and "him". I recall reading someone's post a while back that indicated you were a man using his wife's account to post. I finally decided to look at your profile. I am sorry for the error and will mend my ways immediately! I must say I pay strict attention to your posts. I have learned a lot reading them and putting your methods to the test. I am a novice trainer, even though I have been handling horses more almost 50 years. I prefer pack trips in western tack to any other kind of horse-related activity, and I prefer to train my own horses to do it. Your posts have certainly added to my horse sense. Thanks.
- I don't know why the website link would not work. Here it is again
I will check it and make sure it gets to our site. You never said where you live?
ps. Well that is strange. It worked when I clicked on it at the bottom of one of my posts but went nowhere when I clicked on it in this message. I guess you just need to type it into your browser.
- I would be delighted to ride with you some time. I did not know there were miles of trails there. I just rode on the one ( can't remember the name) where you go out, cross the water, up the long hill, ride around up there and then circle around to come back the same way. I tried to access your business website but perhaps I got a bad link.
- About Cherie
- semi-retired trainer due to health reasons
- horses and my grand children
- visit us at www.wolferanch.com
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Cherie liked post by Delaware Equestrian On thread : 3yr old suddenly going to centerWhen you dismount do you do it in the middle of the arena? Some lesson horses at my barn cut their corners and drift to the middle when they wanna be done because they've learned that the middle of...Liked On: Today, 07:53 AM
Posted On: Today, 01:29 AMCherie liked post by smrobs On thread : What's going on with these reins?http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608026662085592066&pid=15.1&P=0 Draw reins on a halter. Ignorance at its best :?. Poor mare, I wouldn't take her for free unless her temperament was really...Liked On: Yesterday, 10:17 PM
Posted On: 12-16-2014, 08:39 PMCherie liked post by karliejaye On thread : one of the hardest things for me to grasp is.....Yep, with proper cool down, colic should not be an issue. I think there is another underlying problem if getting a horse into a sweat causes him to colic.Liked On: Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 02:56 PMCherie liked post by squirrelfood On thread : Is this Buford 153 saddle decent? What's it worth?Western saddles are measured much differently than english saddles. A 15" western is about the same seat as a 17" english.Liked On: 12-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Posted On: 12-15-2014, 04:12 PMCherie liked post by loosie On thread : Tell me more about abscesses??...Speaking hoof abscesses, I *generally* don't think it's best to 'open them up', unless you know *exactly* what/where you're dealing with, and you can provide good after care. Very often the exact...Liked On: 12-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Posted On: 12-16-2014, 06:46 AMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : round or square breaking pen?I prefer a rectangular arena. I have never had a round pen nor seen the advantages of one. When I work the horses I want them to know I am in control with a lunge line. I dislike seeing horses...Liked On: 12-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Posted On: 12-15-2014, 07:07 AMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Children's reactionChildren can be cruel to each other with taunting and bullying especially to those that are different. My middle niece, Verity, was diagnosed with Lymphatic Leukaemia when she was just four. At...Liked On: 12-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Posted On: 12-12-2014, 03:19 AMCherie liked post by LoveMyToby On thread : Tieing up a horse - cautionI've had my mare for 2 months and have already had a huge vet bill. I had her tied to a solid fence post at my neighbors house, and she was dancing around. I must've forgotten my horse fence after...Liked On: 12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Posted On: 12-14-2014, 06:02 PMCherie liked post by wbwks On thread : What is it with mules?Here in the midwest a good mule will cost considerably more than a horse. As mentioned above, they are smart and they never forget. Never abuse a mule, a bad mule is certainly one that has been...Liked On: 12-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Posted On: 10-14-2014, 11:48 PMCherie liked post by smrobs On thread : Blind foalSome people will likely call me calloused, but that's okay. If I had a foal that was born blind and there wasn't a cure for it....or if the horse wasn't quality enough to justify an expensive cure,...Liked On: 12-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Posted On: 12-12-2014, 04:00 PMCherie liked post by franknbeans On thread : Corriente Saddleswell priced and well built. Nothing fancy, but good working saddles at a price point many can afford.Liked On: 12-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Posted On: 11-10-2014, 03:25 PMCherie liked post by Saddlebag On thread : pregnant horses used for placenta/hormonesPMU babies in western Canada carried some might fine qh bloodlines. The industry was bad at one time, any old mare and any old stallion would do. The foals were often hit on the head right after...Liked On: 12-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Posted On: 12-08-2014, 10:40 PMCherie liked post by jaydee On thread : help with mystery diseaseHow was she treated for ulcers? Given that she's stressed about being in a paddock with strange horses that are beating her up, being given Bute and possibly not eating enough I would think she has...Liked On: 12-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Posted On: 12-11-2014, 01:35 PMCherie liked post by squirrelfood On thread : help with mystery diseaseHorse has ulcers so you give her bute? NOT a good idea at all! And I also would drop the tums and put her on a good mag supplement instead. And finally; if YOU were getting beat up every time you...Liked On: 12-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Posted On: 12-11-2014, 07:37 AMCherie liked post by squirrelfood On thread : I like the foal, not his legs... Opinions on slightly valgus foal?At 10 months and already one surgery and that's where he is now? Nope, not likely to improve much.Liked On: 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Posted On: 12-11-2014, 10:00 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.