- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 27
- I just reading "Gaining your horse's respect?" post and loved the information you posted. I sure wish I lived in OK, because I would love to meet you and pick you brain about this gelding I'm dealing with. I've never met you, but highly respect you just by your posts.
- I owe you an apology. I have quoted you and referred to you and talked about your methods a number of times, and have referred to you as "he" and "him". I recall reading someone's post a while back that indicated you were a man using his wife's account to post. I finally decided to look at your profile. I am sorry for the error and will mend my ways immediately! I must say I pay strict attention to your posts. I have learned a lot reading them and putting your methods to the test. I am a novice trainer, even though I have been handling horses more almost 50 years. I prefer pack trips in western tack to any other kind of horse-related activity, and I prefer to train my own horses to do it. Your posts have certainly added to my horse sense. Thanks.
- I don't know why the website link would not work. Here it is again
I will check it and make sure it gets to our site. You never said where you live?
ps. Well that is strange. It worked when I clicked on it at the bottom of one of my posts but went nowhere when I clicked on it in this message. I guess you just need to type it into your browser.
- About Cherie
- semi-retired trainer due to health reasons
- horses and my grand children
- visit us at www.wolferanch.com
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Cherie liked post by diesel7 On thread : What is it with mules?I have a horse and a mule, have had the mule for around 3 months now, I bought it her off a friend that needed money, for a really good deal. I ride her more than my horse now, shes really good in...Liked On: Yesterday, 06:37 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 03:19 PMYes, I agree, and have been saying all along that it is not the trailer, (the obstacle is not the obstacle, and how to get the fundamentals on this horse, both in teaching acceptance of confinement,...Liked On: Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:55 AMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Extreme Stubborn Horse... HELPI agree with the leading factor, if a horse trusts and respects you then it will load with no problem. Another point is the handlers thoughts. Think that there might/will be a problem and you will...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 06:44 AMCherie liked post by OoLaurenoO On thread : Extreme Stubborn Horse... HELPDon't get me wrong I know my way around horses but I'm far from an experienced trainer. I have been incredibly lucky in being able to work with one recently. I actually asked him about this problem...Liked On: Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Posted On: 02-25-2015, 07:30 PMForget about trailer loading this horse, until she becomes 100% on accepting to stand tied solid-no halter pulling. There are ways to reform a halter puller, and I just happen to prefer using a body...Liked On: 02-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Posted On: 02-25-2015, 03:49 PMYou have a horse you might get from point a to point b, but have taught it nothing. You have made compromises Not a fan of that Tie ring also, as I want a horse to learn to tie solid-periodLiked On: 02-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Posted On: 02-25-2015, 03:52 PMCherie liked post by loosie On thread : Panicked ArabWhile I reckon people do get carried away with breed traits, I have to say it... he is an arab - they are rather 'sensitive' horses. Agree with others, but you sound like a beginner rider too,...Liked On: 02-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Posted On: 02-25-2015, 07:49 AMCherie liked post by Mulefeather On thread : What is it with mules?Wow dbarabians, that's pretty crazy but glad your father was talked out of doing away with what proved to be a great animal. I do agree that it used to be people used their worst mare for...Liked On: 02-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Posted On: 02-24-2015, 11:48 AMCherie liked post by tinyliny On thread : Mustang With a Cresty NeckI am not seeing ANY crest, at all. perhaps, what is happening is that the upper neck is actually underdeveloped and so is sort of "loose" and moveable. what I do see is that he has a bit of a "ewe"...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 09:41 PMCherie liked post by BrennTann On thread : The AmericanI just finished re-watching the semi finals today. Couldn't believe the ground- over half of the barrel racers took down barrels. I'm ready to see Chayni Chamberlain run again. I have never seen a 9...Liked On: 02-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Posted On: 02-22-2015, 10:23 PMCherie liked post by Hondo On thread : Encountering Llamas and other scary animals on the trailI am very new to saddle horses but I am looking to future possibilities of some multi day pack trips. At the moment I have just completed construction of a couple of salt boxes and will be making...Liked On: 02-21-2015, 01:19 PM
Posted On: 02-21-2015, 08:34 AMCherie liked post by george the mule On thread : Encountering Llamas and other scary animals on the trailHi Harold! Boy, howdy. And it never really flattens out. But when you think you have a pretty good handle on the situation, get yourself a member of the longears clan to teach you humility :-)...Liked On: 02-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Posted On: 02-21-2015, 09:41 AMCherie liked post by karliejaye On thread : Encountering Llamas and other scary animals on the trailThat quote exemplifies why I won't get off the horse who is really agitated and "looky". They are spinning and not paying attention to where you are, and bam, they run you over. The riding out a...Liked On: 02-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Posted On: 02-20-2015, 12:12 PMCherie liked post by Smilie On thread : Tips would be helpfulHow horses work things out amongst them, when at liberty, and I'm not part of the equation, is beyond my control, other than separating them, ect BUT, if I am in the field, feeding a bunch of...Liked On: 02-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Posted On: 02-21-2015, 01:49 AMCherie liked post by Smilie On thread : Negra's NavicularYes, you want short toes, but only backed up as far as live sole dictates, and you want low heels (not long under run heels Your vet might be trying to simulate the old shoing treatment for...Liked On: 02-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Posted On: 02-19-2015, 11:41 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.