- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 27
- I just reading "Gaining your horse's respect?" post and loved the information you posted. I sure wish I lived in OK, because I would love to meet you and pick you brain about this gelding I'm dealing with. I've never met you, but highly respect you just by your posts.
- I owe you an apology. I have quoted you and referred to you and talked about your methods a number of times, and have referred to you as "he" and "him". I recall reading someone's post a while back that indicated you were a man using his wife's account to post. I finally decided to look at your profile. I am sorry for the error and will mend my ways immediately! I must say I pay strict attention to your posts. I have learned a lot reading them and putting your methods to the test. I am a novice trainer, even though I have been handling horses more almost 50 years. I prefer pack trips in western tack to any other kind of horse-related activity, and I prefer to train my own horses to do it. Your posts have certainly added to my horse sense. Thanks.
- I don't know why the website link would not work. Here it is again
I will check it and make sure it gets to our site. You never said where you live?
ps. Well that is strange. It worked when I clicked on it at the bottom of one of my posts but went nowhere when I clicked on it in this message. I guess you just need to type it into your browser.
- About Cherie
- semi-retired trainer due to health reasons
- horses and my grand children
- visit us at www.wolferanch.com
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Cherie liked post by boots On thread : gelding has started to buck when leaving barn lotAt the slightest sign of hesitation, I would push him forward and get him busy about thinking where you are going. I would likely pair that with the growl that I do.Liked On: Yesterday, 07:27 AM
Posted On: 04-24-2015, 09:03 PMCherie liked post by COWCHICK77 On thread : when can a stud colt start breeding?I know the standard internet forum answer is "is he proven, do you have the facilities..etc..etc". Just for information purposes. The OP is from Nevada around here it is common for...Liked On: 04-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Posted On: 04-24-2015, 11:25 AMCherie liked post by Hackamore On thread : when can a stud colt start breeding?A potential breeding stud should be put in with older geldings as soon as he is weaned. This is done so the older horses can teach him to be a horse and so he can learn to get along with other...Liked On: 04-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Posted On: 04-24-2015, 10:07 AMCherie liked post by DancingArabian On thread : What to Do When Your Horse Enters "Your Space"Love is a human emotion. A horse does not lovingly do something. An action may seem loving to us, because we're human, but that's not a horse's intent. A horse does not rub on you out of love. ...Liked On: 04-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2015, 08:54 AMCherie liked post by tinyliny On thread : Wroking witha hrose's prey and herd mentalitythis is what catches my eye out of this whole discussion. most of us can be taught to become scary enough, at least with a whip in our hands, to make a horse move. but the person who has that...Liked On: 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Posted On: 04-22-2015, 12:43 PMCherie liked post by tinyliny On thread : getting discouragedI see. If you are paying for a lesson fir YOU, then your time shouldn't be spent on a horse that needs more training or is above your current level of training.Liked On: 04-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Posted On: 04-18-2015, 07:21 PMCherie liked post by franknbeans On thread : What are your views regarding the Join UpI agree with Tiny's definition, and agree that that is good, and use it myself with great success. However, I have also seen people think of "join up" as somewhat of a fantasy friendship...Liked On: 04-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Posted On: 04-19-2015, 07:46 AMCherie liked post by gypsygirl On thread : Being nasty & reverting to rearingYou should not be lunging a horse recovering from a suspensory injury! If you are going to lunge it, you might as well turn it out. Horses with that type of injury should only start work in straight...Liked On: 04-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Posted On: 04-19-2015, 06:23 AMCherie liked post by loosie On thread : Being nasty & reverting to rearingThat's the greatest thing about THIS forum, which IME is rather unique for forums... we CAN & DO disagree & DISCUSS & consider opposing views here, rather than just argue & 'flame' (altho of course,...Liked On: 04-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 06:24 PMCherie liked post by tinyliny On thread : Keeping a Horse's AttentionI don't think Mondy Roberts can claim longlining as "his" technique.Liked On: 04-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Posted On: 04-14-2015, 01:32 PMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Stubborn Back Yard BreedersMany moons ago I was given a TB mare that was a failed racehorse. She was one of the boldest I have ever ridden cross country, lovely looking mare too. She had a very nasty kick to her hock amd...Liked On: 04-14-2015, 08:04 AM
Posted On: 04-14-2015, 06:10 AMCherie liked post by piglet On thread : How do you make a horse go forwardI worked at a barn that had halter show horses, broodmares, and a stallion. NONE of them had EVER been ridden.Liked On: 04-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Posted On: 04-14-2015, 07:27 AMCherie liked post by Saddlebag On thread : what are your thoughtsIt's also given cause for some trainers to do way more groundwork than is necessary, a good way to hook the unknowing owner in for more time/money. Nowadays most trainers seem to want to work in an...Liked On: 04-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Posted On: 04-12-2015, 08:37 AMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Mare starting to get nippyI cannot remember what it was but recent animal behaviour research, for which the researchers were paid thousands of pounds, was something that anyone who had worked with animals could have told you...Liked On: 04-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Posted On: 04-12-2015, 03:38 AMCherie liked post by Reiningcatsanddogs On thread : giving ace to calm a nervous horse for a rideIf I understand what Cheri is saying the way she uses ACE is a lot like people are SUPPOSED TO use Ritalin with a kid who has ADHD. You use the drug to remove all of the distractions, get focus,...Liked On: 04-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Posted On: 04-10-2015, 11:56 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.