- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 25
- I owe you an apology. I have quoted you and referred to you and talked about your methods a number of times, and have referred to you as "he" and "him". I recall reading someone's post a while back that indicated you were a man using his wife's account to post. I finally decided to look at your profile. I am sorry for the error and will mend my ways immediately! I must say I pay strict attention to your posts. I have learned a lot reading them and putting your methods to the test. I am a novice trainer, even though I have been handling horses more almost 50 years. I prefer pack trips in western tack to any other kind of horse-related activity, and I prefer to train my own horses to do it. Your posts have certainly added to my horse sense. Thanks.
- I don't know why the website link would not work. Here it is again
I will check it and make sure it gets to our site. You never said where you live?
ps. Well that is strange. It worked when I clicked on it at the bottom of one of my posts but went nowhere when I clicked on it in this message. I guess you just need to type it into your browser.
- I would be delighted to ride with you some time. I did not know there were miles of trails there. I just rode on the one ( can't remember the name) where you go out, cross the water, up the long hill, ride around up there and then circle around to come back the same way. I tried to access your business website but perhaps I got a bad link.
- We live just north of Sulphur in South-Central Oklahoma. We do all of our trail horse training (not commercial trail rides with 'pay riders') in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area on the south edge of town. There are miles and miles of really rough rocky public trails down there.
PM me and I will give you my contact information and you can come ride with us any time we are riding our own horses down there. We are pretty much stuck with only getting down there on the week days that we don't have riders going out. We have commercial rides most weekends.
Where in OK are you located?
- About Cherie
- semi-retired trainer due to health reasons
- horses and my grand children
- visit us at www.wolferanch.com
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Cherie liked post by flytobecat On thread : PLEASE READ -- The difference between animal rights and animal welfareIt probably is about the real estate. I haven't seen a politician yet who backs anything merely for altruistic reasons. Most working animals are healthier, better treated, and better mentally than...Liked On: 03-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Posted On: 03-09-2014, 02:17 PMCherie liked post by Allison Finch On thread : Renvers & TraversMany people get the shoulder-in mixed up with these two movements but they are completely different. For one thing, to be correct, shoulder in is only on three tracks (although most people do it...Liked On: 03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Posted On: 03-07-2014, 12:16 PMCherie liked post by smrobs On thread : looking for bit adviceApril, you'll have better luck starting your own thread asking for suggestions. It's generally frowned upon here to hijack someone else's thread with a question/problem that is drastically off...Liked On: 03-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Posted On: 03-08-2014, 07:04 PMCherie liked post by Sharpie On thread : Today my horse took off with someoneI would guess that BF leaned forward, was squeezing with his legs, and his heels dug in. Combine that with the horse's friends leaving, and the result is predictable for a trained horse. Especially...Liked On: 03-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Posted On: 03-08-2014, 11:31 AMCherie liked post by Dustbunny On thread : Today my horse took off with someoneGood comments here. I would not be annoyed with the horse whatsoever. When a group is out riding and some (or one) is a very green rider, the rest of the group needs to consider the safety and...Liked On: 03-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Posted On: 03-08-2014, 11:07 AMCherie liked post by SlideStop On thread : Today my horse took off with someoneIf he was scared he was likely gripping tight with his legs. Couple that with other horses moving fast... Boom! Recipe for disaster. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 03-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Posted On: 03-08-2014, 06:16 AMCherie liked post by gssw5 On thread : Can you Re-Train a 23 year old..He probably needs to be re-tuned rather then retrained. I read an article talking about how horses retain their training even after years of no use, such as your case. He may not be able to perform...Liked On: 03-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Posted On: 03-05-2014, 09:20 PMCherie liked post by Elana On thread : Green/ not enough muscle/ or something else?That circle is about half the size it needs to be for cantering on a lunge line. The horse is fine. The handler OTOH needs some lessons.Liked On: 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Posted On: 03-05-2014, 12:12 PMI have had many horses through the years and take most of them Fox Hunting and have never put a red ribbon in their tails. No need, the moment they go to kick at another horse they get a good 'what...Liked On: 03-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Posted On: 03-04-2014, 09:00 AMGet tough with him and ride him amongst other experienced riders and when he gets grumpy or threatens to kick get after him and let him know it is totally unacceptable to threaten other horses whilst...Liked On: 03-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Posted On: 03-04-2014, 05:57 AMCherie liked post by farmpony84 On thread : I can feel spring in the air!I just read the title of this thread and nothing more. I have many many curse words to flog you with. I'm thinking about murdering a groundhog.Liked On: 03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Posted On: 03-02-2014, 07:47 PMCherie liked post by gssw5 On thread : Horse has a 2 second attention span.The easiest way to keep his attention on you is to keep asking to do things so his attention has to be on you and wondering what your asking for next. Lots of transitions, leg yields, serpentines,...Liked On: 03-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Posted On: 03-02-2014, 07:06 PMCherie liked post by boots On thread : Can i make profit by buying, training and selling horses?If you are already taking in outside horses you probably have a pretty good idea of whether or not you can make money with ones you would own. I have done well with short term flips. Underweight,...Liked On: 03-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Posted On: 03-03-2014, 01:00 AMCherie liked post by Foxhunter On thread : New lunging problemsThe good thing is that you recognise that you are getting into a very risky situation. This horse is showing a great deal of disrespect and needs to be put in his place firmly, fairly and hard. ...Liked On: 03-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Posted On: 03-01-2014, 08:07 PMCherie liked post by BlueSpark On thread : Experianced Girth HelpI second this. Here is how I get a horse used to the girth. First a saddle pad and rope snugged up around the girth area, just enough to hold the pad on. They usually don't respond much to this...Liked On: 02-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Posted On: 02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.