- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
I was doing research on sired horses from Bonanza Can back to Brother Can and I found your forum post about how you have a horse out of Bonanza Can.
My grandfather owned Bonanza Can and is looking for a stud with the bloodlines of Bonanza Can and Brother Can. He had a mare out of Bonanza Can, but she never produced any studs for him.
I was wondering if you had any information that might possibly be helpful in finding a stud?
Thank you so much!
- Good Morning to you! How are you doing? Haven't seen a post for awhile, so glad to see you back. We're having lots of wind & will get some rain & snow in the next few days-not my favorite weather. What's happening in your neck of the woods?
- I just fed the horses & now I'm having my coffee. I "retired" @ the end of December, then spent January packing doing some demolition (FHA Requirements), & getting things ready for the final move to AZ. We did have to go back a couple of days later to get another trailer load. Oh, the things we accumulate. I do not recommend moving to anyone & having to move horses, pens, shelters & LOTS of tack is a really big chore. So,tell me more about your horses & do you do anything w/them? Do you follow the foaling threads? I love seeing the new foals & watching them as they grow up. I've raised a few, but I won't do it again. I like to buy & ride. My mare was a bit of a pill yesterday for awhile, but she calmed down & we did have a nice ride. I'm hoping we warm up a bit-I'm so tired of being cold.
- Hello fellow baby boomer! read you post on the "mature" thread. I'm so sorry you no longer ride, but you still have the horses? Does your family still ride? I just moved to AZ from CA, & it sure is an adjustment. I was lucky enough to move across the street from another horse crazy gal & we try to ride most W/E/s. hope your day goes well! Kathy
- About candandy49
- 62 years old,cared for & rode 100s of miles,did some training, raised 3 foals
- Southwest Missouri
- reading, lots of time on internet, crocheting,all animals especially horses,dogs & cats
- Current Status
- looking forward to the fresh garden vegetables of the local Farmer's Markets.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- HorseRidersHigh liked post by candandy49 On thread : Will your horse respond to your bit?Very good and indepth post by you, smrobs. So many folks get a true snaffle confused with any broken mouthed bit including one with shanks. Several years ago I worked at a Western Tack and Clothing...Liked On: 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Posted On: 01-17-2011, 11:54 AMcanterburyhorsetrailrider liked post by candandy49 On thread : How many couples ride together..?My husband and I had rode together quite a lot. He was a novice rider and when I would give him suggestions he would respond with, "I want to do it my way". Even when he didn't have a clue as to...Liked On: 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Posted On: 08-17-2012, 08:18 AMSerenity06 liked post by candandy49 On thread : Riding my 2 year old - 5th ride!I am another one who has no problem with starting a 2 year old under saddle, but for only short rides in the beginning. I had my mare's first born colt/gelding started as a 2 year old and rode him...Liked On: 08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Posted On: 06-27-2012, 02:12 PMbarrelbeginner liked post by candandy49 On thread : Could She Be Close?^^^it looks like she will foal this year sometime and sooner than anticipated. I say that, because of the look of her lower abdomen. When the mare's abdomen drops to the shape of your mare that is...Liked On: 08-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Posted On: 08-03-2012, 02:26 PMBonanzaCan liked post by candandy49 On thread : Anyone familiar with Bonanza Lines?My QH mare is Bonanza Bred on her top side/sire pedigree. She goes back to Bonanza Can by Brother Can and further back to Coys Bonanza. She goes back to Leo, Go Man Go and Three Bars-TB on the...Liked On: 07-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2011, 11:01 AMEvilHorseOfDoom liked post by candandy49 On thread : should i be woried?What a beautiful baby boy!!!Liked On: 07-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Posted On: 07-17-2012, 08:14 AMDappledbaybeauty liked post by candandy49 On thread : What do you *honestly* think of this video ?What a fun video to watch!! It is obvious the girl and her horse have a fantastic bond going on.Liked On: 07-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Posted On: 07-13-2012, 07:59 AMHidalgo13 liked post by candandy49 On thread : Bittersweet lesson... And feeling really downYou really shouldn't lay blame on yourself for your friend receiving the bunt end of your horse's kick. I know you feel miserable for it happening. Thinking about taking a fall from a horse is...Liked On: 07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Posted On: 07-01-2012, 09:57 AMsommsama09 liked post by candandy49 On thread : Zinc oxide for sunburnI also have used zinc oxide for years with no problems at all. It only takes a thin coat of the zinc oxide to do the job.Liked On: 06-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Posted On: 06-25-2012, 08:20 AMthemacpack liked post by candandy49 On thread : Flies(?) in ears + bloody spots in ears...Biting Gnats is probably what is bothering your horse. Lots of good suggestions already on how to deal with them.Liked On: 06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Posted On: 06-07-2012, 08:26 AMFaydesMom liked post by candandy49 On thread : Round pen assembly and footingIt is very true that grass footing can be and is slippery, but where we erected my round pen is in a heavily shaded area where no grass grew anyway. Then with constant use it became even more...Liked On: 05-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2012, 12:35 PMRipper liked post by candandy49 On thread : My new horse has a bad cut on her front hoof.The date of your above post was this morning of 5/24/2012. Did you buy the horse with the wound/cut already present or did it happen sometime in the night hours after you bought the horse? ...Liked On: 05-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2012, 11:23 AMthemacpack liked post by candandy49 On thread : My new horse has a bad cut on her front hoof.The date of your above post was this morning of 5/24/2012. Did you buy the horse with the wound/cut already present or did it happen sometime in the night hours after you bought the horse? ...Liked On: 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2012, 11:23 AMLadytrails liked post by candandy49 On thread : Your Opinion of the RodeoJust have to add myself as being a major Rodeo fan. I have been to many many Rodeos in all my 62 years. One year I went to the Pike's Peak or Bust Rodeo in Colorado and the International Finals...Liked On: 05-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Posted On: 05-16-2012, 10:48 AMEagle Child liked post by candandy49 On thread : laying a horse down?This may not be in direct correlation to subject matter, but it may well be in fact. I had never trained my QH mare to lay down or forced her to do it and remain quiet while she was down. A...Liked On: 05-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Posted On: 05-18-2012, 11:51 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.