- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
I was doing research on sired horses from Bonanza Can back to Brother Can and I found your forum post about how you have a horse out of Bonanza Can.
My grandfather owned Bonanza Can and is looking for a stud with the bloodlines of Bonanza Can and Brother Can. He had a mare out of Bonanza Can, but she never produced any studs for him.
I was wondering if you had any information that might possibly be helpful in finding a stud?
Thank you so much!
- Good Morning to you! How are you doing? Haven't seen a post for awhile, so glad to see you back. We're having lots of wind & will get some rain & snow in the next few days-not my favorite weather. What's happening in your neck of the woods?
- I just fed the horses & now I'm having my coffee. I "retired" @ the end of December, then spent January packing doing some demolition (FHA Requirements), & getting things ready for the final move to AZ. We did have to go back a couple of days later to get another trailer load. Oh, the things we accumulate. I do not recommend moving to anyone & having to move horses, pens, shelters & LOTS of tack is a really big chore. So,tell me more about your horses & do you do anything w/them? Do you follow the foaling threads? I love seeing the new foals & watching them as they grow up. I've raised a few, but I won't do it again. I like to buy & ride. My mare was a bit of a pill yesterday for awhile, but she calmed down & we did have a nice ride. I'm hoping we warm up a bit-I'm so tired of being cold.
- Hello fellow baby boomer! read you post on the "mature" thread. I'm so sorry you no longer ride, but you still have the horses? Does your family still ride? I just moved to AZ from CA, & it sure is an adjustment. I was lucky enough to move across the street from another horse crazy gal & we try to ride most W/E/s. hope your day goes well! Kathy
- About candandy49
- 62 years old,cared for & rode 100s of miles,did some training, raised 3 foals
- Southwest Missouri
- reading, lots of time on internet, crocheting,all animals especially horses,dogs & cats
- Current Status
- looking forward to the fresh garden vegetables of the local Farmer's Markets.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Blue liked post by candandy49 On thread : Trail Riding EtiquetteI used to ride on Benefit Trail Rides sponsored by the National Kidney Foundation and American Diabetes Association. On all these rides there were upwards of up to 300+ horses sometimes even more. ...Liked On: 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Posted On: 01-18-2011, 05:20 PMHorseRidersHigh liked post by candandy49 On thread : Will your horse respond to your bit?Very good and indepth post by you, smrobs. So many folks get a true snaffle confused with any broken mouthed bit including one with shanks. Several years ago I worked at a Western Tack and Clothing...Liked On: 06-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Posted On: 01-17-2011, 10:54 AMcanterburyhorsetrailrider liked post by candandy49 On thread : How many couples ride together..?My husband and I had rode together quite a lot. He was a novice rider and when I would give him suggestions he would respond with, "I want to do it my way". Even when he didn't have a clue as to...Liked On: 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Posted On: 08-17-2012, 07:18 AMSerenity06 liked post by candandy49 On thread : Riding my 2 year old - 5th ride!I am another one who has no problem with starting a 2 year old under saddle, but for only short rides in the beginning. I had my mare's first born colt/gelding started as a 2 year old and rode him...Liked On: 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Posted On: 06-27-2012, 01:12 PMbarrelbeginner liked post by candandy49 On thread : Could She Be Close?^^^it looks like she will foal this year sometime and sooner than anticipated. I say that, because of the look of her lower abdomen. When the mare's abdomen drops to the shape of your mare that is...Liked On: 08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Posted On: 08-03-2012, 01:26 PMBonanzaCan liked post by candandy49 On thread : Anyone familiar with Bonanza Lines?My QH mare is Bonanza Bred on her top side/sire pedigree. She goes back to Bonanza Can by Brother Can and further back to Coys Bonanza. She goes back to Leo, Go Man Go and Three Bars-TB on the...Liked On: 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2011, 10:01 AMEvilHorseOfDoom liked post by candandy49 On thread : should i be woried?What a beautiful baby boy!!!Liked On: 07-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Posted On: 07-17-2012, 07:14 AMDappledbaybeauty liked post by candandy49 On thread : What do you *honestly* think of this video ?What a fun video to watch!! It is obvious the girl and her horse have a fantastic bond going on.Liked On: 07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Posted On: 07-13-2012, 06:59 AMHidalgo13 liked post by candandy49 On thread : Bittersweet lesson... And feeling really downYou really shouldn't lay blame on yourself for your friend receiving the bunt end of your horse's kick. I know you feel miserable for it happening. Thinking about taking a fall from a horse is...Liked On: 07-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Posted On: 07-01-2012, 08:57 AMsommsama09 liked post by candandy49 On thread : Zinc oxide for sunburnI also have used zinc oxide for years with no problems at all. It only takes a thin coat of the zinc oxide to do the job.Liked On: 06-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Posted On: 06-25-2012, 07:20 AMthemacpack liked post by candandy49 On thread : Flies(?) in ears + bloody spots in ears...Biting Gnats is probably what is bothering your horse. Lots of good suggestions already on how to deal with them.Liked On: 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Posted On: 06-07-2012, 07:26 AMFaydesMom liked post by candandy49 On thread : Round pen assembly and footingIt is very true that grass footing can be and is slippery, but where we erected my round pen is in a heavily shaded area where no grass grew anyway. Then with constant use it became even more...Liked On: 05-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2012, 11:35 AMRipper liked post by candandy49 On thread : My new horse has a bad cut on her front hoof.The date of your above post was this morning of 5/24/2012. Did you buy the horse with the wound/cut already present or did it happen sometime in the night hours after you bought the horse? ...Liked On: 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2012, 10:23 AMthemacpack liked post by candandy49 On thread : My new horse has a bad cut on her front hoof.The date of your above post was this morning of 5/24/2012. Did you buy the horse with the wound/cut already present or did it happen sometime in the night hours after you bought the horse? ...Liked On: 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Posted On: 05-24-2012, 10:23 AMLadytrails liked post by candandy49 On thread : Your Opinion of the RodeoJust have to add myself as being a major Rodeo fan. I have been to many many Rodeos in all my 62 years. One year I went to the Pike's Peak or Bust Rodeo in Colorado and the International Finals...Liked On: 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Posted On: 05-16-2012, 09:48 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.