Conversation Between Barrel Baby and Cheyennes mom
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 65
- Hey! you're right we haven't talked in ages!! Maverick's doing awesome! He's becoming a VERY good horse for SO many things! I threw western on him one day and decided to turn him into a cowhorse for a day and was doing rollbacks along the wall and sliding stops and everything and he listened amazingly for his first time! I've also been working on us working as a team because I'm a VERY hand-driven rider and with me training him he's been listening to hand cues not leg and seat cues as much. So I went on a long rein western and tried not using my hands at all the whole time. He went nuts at first thinking that he could get away with anything but eventually he figured out that he had to pay attention and he was AMAZING! Such a good boy <3 Have you been riding much lately?
- OH NO!!! So sorry :'( That's good about the other horses though :) And jumping is the BEST! It's now my main discipline, I haven't been riding western much these days (although I should because Maverick STINKS in western). However, Mavi is the fastest horse I've ever ridden so if I made him into a barrel horse we'd be smokin! I don't know we'll see :p but yeah English is SO great I've been doing SO much of it it's like my favourite now!
But yeah Mr.Mav is doing GREAT! I taught him to respond to my whistle so whenever I see him I whistle and he whinnies and throws his head in excitement it's SO cute! He's the cutest little guy in the world! Got rainrot today though ALL over his back GROSS, we're dealing with that :/ anyways Grannie-Mare (Cheyenne) is still going strong although she's going to get arthritus in her knees soon...she isn't showing it though, she's still going bonkers all the time :p
- youre right!!! it has been a long time hasnt it!! well its been good and bad. the first day of my summer Angel got colic and passed away :'( ...vvery sad time for me...*sigh* shes in a better place though :) the good news is tht im actually riding 2 different horses right now and just recently started learning to jump :) the main horse i use names Penny, shes an appalosa (very big an tall for an appy lol) and then theres jade a little pony of america mare who is about the sassiest thing in the world lol...just started english!! love it!!!!
HOW ABOUT YOU ? how are you doing? ...hit me with ur best novel since i just wrote u one lol!!!!
- Haha so true! Horses cause poverty :p I never have money because I'm always showing and stuff. I don't own a horse yet so I don't have much to worry about except my own activities and tack which is nice...especially since I'm not QUITE old enough to have a job yet...
- nahh we dont have an arena..the barn i used to be at had lots of trails and open spaces to ride in but we moved because the owners wwerent being fair. i like the place im at right now but theeres not lots of places to ride :( we do have arena meets for 4-H so itll help to go there. ug it just seems like eveytime i get something fixed with angel something else needs to be bought example: i need a new saddle pad (theraputic) and i have to buy my own. and her hooves are going to need done soon...and we have to find a saddle that fits well! there is no lie behind the fact that horses cost...ALOT! its a good thing we love em soo much tho :) i dont think ill grow up not having horses :)
- Well I haven't shown him yet, I don't think he's QUITE ready. I'll probably ride him in Green in June or something though :) He's getting good...quite the jumper too! Yeah Chey's doing great, she'll easily live past 35 since she's 29 now and is completely healthy and sound. thanks, lots of people think she's 8 :p Sucks that you can't ride as easily. Do you not have an arena?
- THats so cool your showing another horse!!! hahah thats funny how he acted like an angel after you showed him whos boss! ;D I think since Cheyennes exercised and a very healthy that she will live quiet a loooong time! heck..if you looked a pic of her i wouldnt even think she was 10! :) its harder to ride Angel at the barn im at now...theres lots of holes she gets tripped up in...so im trying to keep her fit by riding as much as i can without injuring her!!! :)
- Thanks, we're very proud of how she's doing in her old age :) Yeah, well Cheyenne's doing better than a 13 yo at the barn, he has back, jaw, hoof, and neck issues, all that fun stuff that costs a LOT! Chey has the best conformation at the barn, says our chiropractor!! Thanks, the other horse, Maverick is SUCH a sweetheart. He's only 6 so he's a brat sometimes though. I had to get after him today...The other horses were being fed while I rode him so he kept bucking and stopping. I was ticked so I went and grabbed a crop, smacked him and he was amazing after that lol I remember having to do that with Cheyenne when I first started leasing. She did the exact same thing and I had to get after her and teach her that I was the boss. I let her have it and she never did it again haha After I got after him he was amazing like always! His owner came out and watched for a few minutes and she said "Oh, I'm smelling lots of blue show ribbons coming your way, Jess!" I was so happy :)