- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 57
- **Read other two posts before!**
Thanks for the comments on Maverick, I'm so proud of him, he's being such an amazing boy lately!!
Penny sounds nice...Sassy and clever, sounds like Cheyenne lol :p Yeah I know the feeling of the "former lawn ornament" horse. That was Maverick as well. He hardly knew ANYTHING! That's good that your trainer knows Penny well...That's always nice, you'd think it'd be pretty hard to teach someone on a random horse...I've never tried, all the kids I've taught were on my old lesson horses or on Cheyenne. It's always good to get on horses that you aren't completely comfortable with as well, so it isn't necessarily a bad thing that you aren't at the same level. Although it might just be me thinking that...I'm VERY set on becoming a horse trainer at the moment so I just wanna hop on a bad horse and get thrown right now lol sounds dumb doesn't it?? Lucky for me I'm always the first one who gets to ride Debbie's new horses (after her obviously) so :p
- Chey's ok...She's currently being leased to two beginners...one lady doesn't ride often, the other is a teen, Chey's teaching them like she taught me. Unfortunately, her heath isn't the best. She's getting arthritus in her knees and her movements are a lot more stiff now. Somehow the girl convinced my coach to let her compete in gymkhanas this year even though Chey was supposed to retire. The other bad thing is that she pulls on Cheyenne's mouth a lot and when Chey fights back she pulls more as discipline. Chey's mouth is SUPER sore now and VERY sensitive. It was pretty funny though, I jumped on Cheyenne and worked her again like old times....Her head was down PERFECTLY in a BEAUTIFUL Western Pleasure headset, she gave me a nice slow gaits and stopped without throwing her head (I couldn't use my hands AT ALL) and the girl's like HOW DO YOU DO IT!! lol I sometimes really regret leaving her, but I still love her as if she was mine and I hop on her whenever I get the chance!
- Let's just decide that we'll always read the latest messages first because I talk a lot and it won't all fit on one message lol
Yeah it was pretty exciting beating my coach...Course she kicked my butt in Western though because she doesn't do English but she's good at Western and my horse doesn't neck rein :p But we talked and decided that since our points are going to be so close for year end awards, we'd agree that we'd still be friends after one of us kicks the other's butt lol :p That's awesome that you'll be going to shows! What discipline will you be competing in? :)
- READ THIS MESSAGE AFTER THE OTHER ONE!!!
Oh and you were wondering about Maverick! He's one of those horses who don't know much but has the potential to do anything. I started him purely English cause that was what he was natural at and trained him to jump and he is SO great! I've taken him to a few shows and we won high point against my own coach! So that's SUPER encouraging! Lately I've been doing western with him. We've been doing gymkhanas too! I had to teach him how to gallop (which sounds dumb but it's true, he legitimately didn't know how) but once I got him going he is SOOOO fast!!(
What's Penny like? :)
- Well at least you've been riding! That's great that you've started English! I LOVE english! It's hard to get used to at first, but keep practicing and you'll make it through! Western to English is a really hard switch! Nothing to sit into, thin stirrups, your legs move around a lot with the stirrup leathers...It's a pain at first but once you get the feel, you'll do great! Has your instructor put you on the lunge line for canter? I'm currently studying to be a coach and I just started but if you're having trouble with your balance I'd start with going on the lunge line and going no hands and no stirrups at the trot and then going into the canter and once you've gotten that, go no hands, no stirrups and then when you're comfortable go on your own again. I did that with one of my barn buddies who didn't have ANY balance and it helped a LOT! The lunge line is nice because you can work on yourself and not have to worry about controlling your horse.
- Hey! you're right we haven't talked in ages!! Maverick's doing awesome! He's becoming a VERY good horse for SO many things! I threw western on him one day and decided to turn him into a cowhorse for a day and was doing rollbacks along the wall and sliding stops and everything and he listened amazingly for his first time! I've also been working on us working as a team because I'm a VERY hand-driven rider and with me training him he's been listening to hand cues not leg and seat cues as much. So I went on a long rein western and tried not using my hands at all the whole time. He went nuts at first thinking that he could get away with anything but eventually he figured out that he had to pay attention and he was AMAZING! Such a good boy <3 Have you been riding much lately?
- OH NO!!! So sorry :'( That's good about the other horses though :) And jumping is the BEST! It's now my main discipline, I haven't been riding western much these days (although I should because Maverick STINKS in western). However, Mavi is the fastest horse I've ever ridden so if I made him into a barrel horse we'd be smokin! I don't know we'll see :p but yeah English is SO great I've been doing SO much of it it's like my favourite now!
But yeah Mr.Mav is doing GREAT! I taught him to respond to my whistle so whenever I see him I whistle and he whinnies and throws his head in excitement it's SO cute! He's the cutest little guy in the world! Got rainrot today though ALL over his back GROSS, we're dealing with that :/ anyways Grannie-Mare (Cheyenne) is still going strong although she's going to get arthritus in her knees soon...she isn't showing it though, she's still going bonkers all the time :p
- Haha so true! Horses cause poverty :p I never have money because I'm always showing and stuff. I don't own a horse yet so I don't have much to worry about except my own activities and tack which is nice...especially since I'm not QUITE old enough to have a job yet...
- About Barrel Baby
- I LOOOOVVVVE horses to death and enjoy being around them, running track and cross country and 4-H!
- Horseback riding,track and XC, photography, and 4-H horse and pony club!
- Current Status
- just started riding english!!! SO EXCITED!!!
- No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle
- No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Barrel Baby liked post by ZaneyZanne123 On thread : How do you store your bridles with silver on it?Clean in a bridle bag stored in a dry mold/meldew free place. I usualy bring it in the house in a closet durng the off season. It tarnishes a little but after some simple polishing, voila nice and...Liked On: 03-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Posted On: 03-03-2014, 01:45 AMBarrel Baby liked post by farmpony84 On thread : How do you store your bridles with silver on it?I put mine in a bridle bag and bring it in the house but it still tarnishes. I just clean it every year...Liked On: 03-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Posted On: 03-02-2014, 08:25 PMBarrel Baby liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : How do you store your bridles with silver on it?Dura-Tech® Elite Collection Single Bridle Bag in Halter / Bridle at Schneider Saddlery (http://www.sstack.com/bags-cases-bridle-halter/dura-tech-elite-collection-single-bridle-bag/) Dura-Tech®...Liked On: 03-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Posted On: 03-02-2014, 06:45 PMBarrel Baby liked post by Nokotaheaven On thread : "That Awkward Moment" ThreadThat Awkward Moment when you watch a Zac Efron movie called 'That Awkward Moment'Liked On: 03-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2014, 08:05 PMTAM.... http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4566178268512843&pid=15.1Liked On: 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Posted On: 04-17-2013, 03:55 PMTAM when your nail is cracked a little in the front and it gets caught on everything!! TAM when you try washing your hands with a band-aid on trying not to get it wet TAM when you have a cut or...Liked On: 04-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Posted On: 04-14-2013, 08:20 AMBarrel Baby liked post by VanillaBean On thread : "That Awkward Moment" ThreadThat awkward moment when you say something inappropriate to who you think is your best friend but turns out to be some random person now scarred for life.Liked On: 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Posted On: 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM^^ whats it called?!?!?! i cant remember :OLiked On: 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Posted On: 04-11-2013, 05:03 PMBarrel Baby liked post by horsecrazygirl On thread : `»Thread of a million replys«´ AKA Random ChatIts called Hidalgo. Its on youtube if you want to see it.Liked On: 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Posted On: 04-11-2013, 06:51 PMhey anyone know the name of that movie about the cowboy who trains a wild mustang and races in that looong race in the middle east and uses the prize money to let the mustangs herd be free (they were...Liked On: 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Posted On: 04-10-2013, 07:15 PMBarrel Baby liked post by CrossedUpDraft On thread : `»Thread of a million replys«´ AKA Random Chatthe boyfriend is staying the night at the firehouse tonight. Of course i miss him, and hope he stays safe, but that means i get the whole bed to myself, the window up, the breeze coming in the room....Liked On: 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Posted On: 04-09-2013, 09:23 PMBarrel Baby liked post by JaphyJaphy On thread : Troxel Liberty or Intrepid helmet reviews?I've had a Troxel Venture for years and it's still in excellent condition. I tried on several other brands and models of helmet before buying it and it was the best fit in my price range ($200 or...Liked On: 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Posted On: 01-16-2013, 02:19 PMBarrel Baby liked post by BornToRun On thread : Braiding And Brow Bands?I just had a a couple questions about showing. These are only low level shows that I'll be entering, so my first question would be; can I show with a ribbon brow band? My next question is can I just...Liked On: 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Posted On: 01-13-2013, 11:02 AMBarrel Baby liked post by faye On thread : How to prepare for a horse showsorry but what is the point of this thread. The above advice is nothing new or interesting. Infact number 2 is incorrect as a lot of horses will rub out plait over night so it is better to plait in...Liked On: 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Posted On: 01-16-2013, 04:26 AMBarrel Baby liked post by joseeandjade11 On thread : Troxel Liberty or Intrepid helmet reviews?Thank you! I'll let you know if it works out or not ;) And yes it's very nice! Love the design and i will get the carbon color. I have tried many other helmets, in their smallest sizes like the...Liked On: 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Posted On: 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.