- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 57
- **Read other two posts before!**
Thanks for the comments on Maverick, I'm so proud of him, he's being such an amazing boy lately!!
Penny sounds nice...Sassy and clever, sounds like Cheyenne lol :p Yeah I know the feeling of the "former lawn ornament" horse. That was Maverick as well. He hardly knew ANYTHING! That's good that your trainer knows Penny well...That's always nice, you'd think it'd be pretty hard to teach someone on a random horse...I've never tried, all the kids I've taught were on my old lesson horses or on Cheyenne. It's always good to get on horses that you aren't completely comfortable with as well, so it isn't necessarily a bad thing that you aren't at the same level. Although it might just be me thinking that...I'm VERY set on becoming a horse trainer at the moment so I just wanna hop on a bad horse and get thrown right now lol sounds dumb doesn't it?? Lucky for me I'm always the first one who gets to ride Debbie's new horses (after her obviously) so :p
- Chey's ok...She's currently being leased to two beginners...one lady doesn't ride often, the other is a teen, Chey's teaching them like she taught me. Unfortunately, her heath isn't the best. She's getting arthritus in her knees and her movements are a lot more stiff now. Somehow the girl convinced my coach to let her compete in gymkhanas this year even though Chey was supposed to retire. The other bad thing is that she pulls on Cheyenne's mouth a lot and when Chey fights back she pulls more as discipline. Chey's mouth is SUPER sore now and VERY sensitive. It was pretty funny though, I jumped on Cheyenne and worked her again like old times....Her head was down PERFECTLY in a BEAUTIFUL Western Pleasure headset, she gave me a nice slow gaits and stopped without throwing her head (I couldn't use my hands AT ALL) and the girl's like HOW DO YOU DO IT!! lol I sometimes really regret leaving her, but I still love her as if she was mine and I hop on her whenever I get the chance!
- Let's just decide that we'll always read the latest messages first because I talk a lot and it won't all fit on one message lol
Yeah it was pretty exciting beating my coach...Course she kicked my butt in Western though because she doesn't do English but she's good at Western and my horse doesn't neck rein :p But we talked and decided that since our points are going to be so close for year end awards, we'd agree that we'd still be friends after one of us kicks the other's butt lol :p That's awesome that you'll be going to shows! What discipline will you be competing in? :)
- READ THIS MESSAGE AFTER THE OTHER ONE!!!
Oh and you were wondering about Maverick! He's one of those horses who don't know much but has the potential to do anything. I started him purely English cause that was what he was natural at and trained him to jump and he is SO great! I've taken him to a few shows and we won high point against my own coach! So that's SUPER encouraging! Lately I've been doing western with him. We've been doing gymkhanas too! I had to teach him how to gallop (which sounds dumb but it's true, he legitimately didn't know how) but once I got him going he is SOOOO fast!!(
What's Penny like? :)
- Well at least you've been riding! That's great that you've started English! I LOVE english! It's hard to get used to at first, but keep practicing and you'll make it through! Western to English is a really hard switch! Nothing to sit into, thin stirrups, your legs move around a lot with the stirrup leathers...It's a pain at first but once you get the feel, you'll do great! Has your instructor put you on the lunge line for canter? I'm currently studying to be a coach and I just started but if you're having trouble with your balance I'd start with going on the lunge line and going no hands and no stirrups at the trot and then going into the canter and once you've gotten that, go no hands, no stirrups and then when you're comfortable go on your own again. I did that with one of my barn buddies who didn't have ANY balance and it helped a LOT! The lunge line is nice because you can work on yourself and not have to worry about controlling your horse.
- Hey! you're right we haven't talked in ages!! Maverick's doing awesome! He's becoming a VERY good horse for SO many things! I threw western on him one day and decided to turn him into a cowhorse for a day and was doing rollbacks along the wall and sliding stops and everything and he listened amazingly for his first time! I've also been working on us working as a team because I'm a VERY hand-driven rider and with me training him he's been listening to hand cues not leg and seat cues as much. So I went on a long rein western and tried not using my hands at all the whole time. He went nuts at first thinking that he could get away with anything but eventually he figured out that he had to pay attention and he was AMAZING! Such a good boy <3 Have you been riding much lately?
- OH NO!!! So sorry :'( That's good about the other horses though :) And jumping is the BEST! It's now my main discipline, I haven't been riding western much these days (although I should because Maverick STINKS in western). However, Mavi is the fastest horse I've ever ridden so if I made him into a barrel horse we'd be smokin! I don't know we'll see :p but yeah English is SO great I've been doing SO much of it it's like my favourite now!
But yeah Mr.Mav is doing GREAT! I taught him to respond to my whistle so whenever I see him I whistle and he whinnies and throws his head in excitement it's SO cute! He's the cutest little guy in the world! Got rainrot today though ALL over his back GROSS, we're dealing with that :/ anyways Grannie-Mare (Cheyenne) is still going strong although she's going to get arthritus in her knees soon...she isn't showing it though, she's still going bonkers all the time :p
- Haha so true! Horses cause poverty :p I never have money because I'm always showing and stuff. I don't own a horse yet so I don't have much to worry about except my own activities and tack which is nice...especially since I'm not QUITE old enough to have a job yet...
- About Barrel Baby
- I LOOOOVVVVE horses to death and enjoy being around them, running track and cross country and 4-H!
- Horseback riding,track and XC, photography, and 4-H horse and pony club!
- Current Status
- just started riding english!!! SO EXCITED!!!
- No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle
- No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- TAM when you rip open a bag of M&M'S and the whole thing explodes onto the ground...Liked On: 04-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 08:13 PMTAM when you rip open a bag of M&M'S and the whole thing explodes onto the ground...Liked On: 04-20-2013, 12:50 AM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 08:13 PMTAM when you rip open a bag of M&M'S and the whole thing explodes onto the ground...Liked On: 04-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 08:13 PMHahshhahahaa lol that's soooo funnyLiked On: 04-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 08:20 PMTAM when you rip open a bag of M&M'S and the whole thing explodes onto the ground...Liked On: 04-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 08:13 PMWesternRider88 liked post by Barrel Baby On thread : "That Awkward Moment" ThreadTAM when you rip open a bag of M&M'S and the whole thing explodes onto the ground...Liked On: 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 08:13 PMTAM when you are looking at someone really cute...then you realize...you werent looking... you were gazing AND they caught you.........crap :) lolLiked On: 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Posted On: 04-17-2013, 03:56 PMTAM when you are looking at someone really cute...then you realize...you werent looking... you were gazing AND they caught you.........crap :) lolLiked On: 04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Posted On: 04-17-2013, 03:56 PMTAM when you are looking at someone really cute...then you realize...you werent looking... you were gazing AND they caught you.........crap :) lolLiked On: 04-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Posted On: 04-17-2013, 03:56 PMTAM when you are looking at someone really cute...then you realize...you werent looking... you were gazing AND they caught you.........crap :) lolLiked On: 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Posted On: 04-17-2013, 03:56 PMGlenknock liked post by Barrel Baby On thread : My friend keeps making rude comments about my weight.wooow that sounds great!!!! :DLiked On: 02-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Posted On: 12-28-2012, 11:53 PMpony gal liked post by Barrel Baby On thread : `»Thread of a million replys«´ AKA Random ChatMy favorite memory with Penny: being able to place as well as we did at the fair ( I had only a month to work with her because of angel' s passing :'( ) she was soooooo antzy with our first class!!!...Liked On: 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Posted On: 12-31-2012, 08:15 PMCheyennes mom liked post by Barrel Baby On thread : `»Thread of a million replys«´ AKA Random Chati wish it were hot here too!!! just started getting more snow an hour ago! hahahhahah our little Shih tzu walked outside and it was almost up to his shoulders!!! :) I had to hold him by the fireplace...Liked On: 12-31-2012, 04:17 AM
Posted On: 12-28-2012, 11:11 PMTaffy Clayton liked post by Barrel Baby On thread : quincy driveingahhhhhhahhhhh I LOVE THE PINK ON HIM!! :D sooo cute!Liked On: 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Posted On: 12-12-2012, 06:17 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 AM.