- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
- Hey! That's such a coincidence! I thought my name was so rare but it looks like its not as rare as I thought! Apparently I have been living on another planet because I haven't even read your 2 latest books yet! I'm going to get them right away! Can't wait to read them!:)
Ah, I just got the message or else I would've contacted you earlier! It's lovely to meet other writers, especially horsey ones (rare indeed). What do you write? Do you keep a blog? I'm a novelist and also write short fiction. Whereabouts in Canada are you from? I'm in BC but moved here after living in Melbourne, Australia for 10 years.
Thank you for the compliment on my avatar:) My gelding makes photo shoots relatively.
- Thanks, SocietyJoe!! I have to say I'm really touched by your words. Not sure that I'm fit to be any kind of role model though, lol. As a single mom my days are mostly filled with decidedly unglamorous things :)
As for becoming an author, all I can tell you is that it's a lot of work, like anything else, but it CAN be done. The publishing industry is undergoing a huge shift right now (much like digital music did a decade ago), with indie authors gaining in popularity, so in some ways it can be easier to get your story out there. I'd say, keep writing, get as good as you can (inspiration can't be learned, but most other aspects of writing can be, and that's great news for us), and write about subjects that you feel deeply about. Personally I think when authors are passionate about their stories, it shows, but that's just my opinion.
What kind of riding do you do, and are you planning on going pro? I'll look for your story.
Don't give up, and have fun along the way :)
- Hey; welcome to the horse forum[:
I saw your introduction, and thought WOW, what a great role model.
An ex-professional rider and now a writer; two things I dream of being.
Do you have any tips to help with becoming an author, I have written a little story that is unfinished in the Horse Stories & Poems section.
You actually inspire me to keep dreaming, because it is possible!
- I know what you mean!! I realized afterwards that i should've said 'North America', because here in Canada we have the same issue - everyone's using crest releases, which are great up to a point but I think people have forgotten that they're meant for riders who don't yet have the upper body/leg control for an automatic release. It is a hard habit to break, though - I struggled with it myself for years, while I was still riding :) But it's nice to see professionals like you who are setting a good example. Maybe we'll get away from that overly-stylized show hunter style (I rode mostly hunters, but I don't like the way the style has evolved very much).
- About mgarzon
- I've been a professional rider, a business consultant, a mom, and now a writer.
- horses, all other animals, reading everything, and protecting our beautiful Earth.
- mom, writer, and consultant
- Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace, and power in it. – Goethe
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- mgarzon liked post by jaydee On thread : What is so great about Buck??I never really knew he existed until I came to live in the US - the Horse Whisperer film had some sort of an association to him but it didn't mean anything to me at the time He looks to ride really...Liked On: 02-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Posted On: 01-29-2014, 10:07 AMmgarzon liked post by amberly On thread : Season's Greetings!That is cute! https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1457529_762585750433969_497102512_n.jpgLiked On: 12-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Posted On: 12-22-2013, 04:39 PMmgarzon liked post by Foxtail Ranch On thread : 3 Kings :)Does anyone else watch Parks & Rec.? This reminds me of Lil' Sebastion, the beloved mini of Pawnee! We need t-shirts with these guys! Three Kings Rule!Liked On: 12-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Posted On: 12-03-2013, 09:20 AMmgarzon liked post by MsLady On thread : 3 Kings :)Omg, would look great at our church play..lol. I could just see it now, all the older ladies (you know the types, 80-90 year old that never smile) watching these cuties come down the isle... Would be...Liked On: 12-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Posted On: 12-01-2013, 12:48 PMmgarzon liked post by Endiku On thread : 3 Kings :)Oh my goodness they are the cutest things!Liked On: 12-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Posted On: 12-01-2013, 11:54 AMmgarzon liked post by Barry Godden On thread : TotilasI wrote this article years ago and posted it on HF as a thread starter For me it puts the issue of Totilas into the mind of all riders and not just the high flyers such as Totilas and Edward Gal -...Liked On: 11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Posted On: 11-14-2013, 12:15 PMmgarzon liked post by DuffyDuck On thread : TotilasThere are a number of reasons, but the owner is currently under investigation for animal cruelty. Totilas has apparently become a weaver due to 'unnatural' enviroment through lack of turnout, which...Liked On: 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Posted On: 11-12-2013, 07:38 AMmgarzon liked post by AllXenasHorsesLLC On thread : is this considered mean?Appropriately training, then asking a horse to perform a gait that is safe on the joints is not mean. One of my mounts is a high level competitive cutting horse, that I am turning into an English...Liked On: 11-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2013, 07:19 AMmgarzon liked post by tinyliny On thread : Funny hat!reminds me of a "church lady", with her Sunday best hat on.Liked On: 11-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Posted On: 11-13-2013, 01:31 PMmgarzon liked post by DraftyAiresMum On thread : Know your tail ribbons!The green means young OR inexperienced horse. Your mare would definitely qualify as inexperienced, so yes, a green ribbon would be appropriate. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 03-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Posted On: 03-26-2013, 03:35 PMmgarzon liked post by Dustbunny On thread : Know your tail ribbons!It says "I am young and/or inexperienced" Thanks! Now we need a ribbon for "I am old and slow."Liked On: 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Posted On: 03-26-2013, 01:57 PMmgarzon liked post by ellygraceee On thread : What are you reading?I'm reading Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult, while struggling to get through Mockingjay.Liked On: 04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Posted On: 04-29-2012, 07:04 PMmgarzon liked post by dejavuchicka On thread : Very funny articlei always think about how well my horse skills will come in handy in case of a zombie apocalypse, I'm glad other people do as well :))Liked On: 04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Posted On: 04-26-2012, 07:36 PMmgarzon liked post by netty83 On thread : What are you reading?I'm on the second time round of The Horse Dancer - an amazing story of a young girl who lives with her french papa (who gave up a life with the french Cadre Noir Riding Academy). The book is set in...Liked On: 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Posted On: 04-25-2012, 03:50 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.