- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
- Hey! That's such a coincidence! I thought my name was so rare but it looks like its not as rare as I thought! Apparently I have been living on another planet because I haven't even read your 2 latest books yet! I'm going to get them right away! Can't wait to read them!:)
Ah, I just got the message or else I would've contacted you earlier! It's lovely to meet other writers, especially horsey ones (rare indeed). What do you write? Do you keep a blog? I'm a novelist and also write short fiction. Whereabouts in Canada are you from? I'm in BC but moved here after living in Melbourne, Australia for 10 years.
Thank you for the compliment on my avatar:) My gelding makes photo shoots relatively.
- Thanks, SocietyJoe!! I have to say I'm really touched by your words. Not sure that I'm fit to be any kind of role model though, lol. As a single mom my days are mostly filled with decidedly unglamorous things :)
As for becoming an author, all I can tell you is that it's a lot of work, like anything else, but it CAN be done. The publishing industry is undergoing a huge shift right now (much like digital music did a decade ago), with indie authors gaining in popularity, so in some ways it can be easier to get your story out there. I'd say, keep writing, get as good as you can (inspiration can't be learned, but most other aspects of writing can be, and that's great news for us), and write about subjects that you feel deeply about. Personally I think when authors are passionate about their stories, it shows, but that's just my opinion.
What kind of riding do you do, and are you planning on going pro? I'll look for your story.
Don't give up, and have fun along the way :)
- Hey; welcome to the horse forum[:
I saw your introduction, and thought WOW, what a great role model.
An ex-professional rider and now a writer; two things I dream of being.
Do you have any tips to help with becoming an author, I have written a little story that is unfinished in the Horse Stories & Poems section.
You actually inspire me to keep dreaming, because it is possible!
- I know what you mean!! I realized afterwards that i should've said 'North America', because here in Canada we have the same issue - everyone's using crest releases, which are great up to a point but I think people have forgotten that they're meant for riders who don't yet have the upper body/leg control for an automatic release. It is a hard habit to break, though - I struggled with it myself for years, while I was still riding :) But it's nice to see professionals like you who are setting a good example. Maybe we'll get away from that overly-stylized show hunter style (I rode mostly hunters, but I don't like the way the style has evolved very much).
- About mgarzon
- I've been a professional rider, a business consultant, a mom, and now a writer.
- horses, all other animals, reading everything, and protecting our beautiful Earth.
- mom, writer, and consultant
- Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace, and power in it. – Goethe
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- I had a group of boys aged about 6-10 four of them. Their mothers were all riders but couldn't get through to the boys. I refused to take them individually but together. One of the younger boys who...Liked On: 01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Posted On: 01-21-2015, 09:45 AMmgarzon liked post by Incitatus32 On thread : The difference between girls and boys.I think it's more of an individual thing than it is a boy/girl thing. For instance, I know a few guys on my equestrian team that are a lot like your daughter and spend hours perfecting their horse's...Liked On: 01-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Posted On: 01-20-2015, 08:13 PMI laughed when I read the post! Generally speaking boys are very different to teach than girls. They just want to get on with it and to heck with any finesse about the matter. I always ended up...Liked On: 01-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Posted On: 01-21-2015, 07:46 AMmgarzon liked post by anndankev On thread : The difference between girls and boys.Unfortunately my answer is maybe, maybe not. My son is 20 months older than my daughter, he has always had a quiet way with animals and at first I thought he would be the one 'into' horses for the...Liked On: 01-21-2015, 09:02 AM
Posted On: 01-20-2015, 06:50 PMI like the bike one, too. it was the first I did . unfortunately, it's very hard to maintain an exact consistency of style throughout all the illustrations. I see a lot of variation in this, and...Liked On: 05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Posted On: 05-03-2014, 04:49 PMOR...maybe it is perceived as an insult when none is intended:wink: Look I am in my 50's, I have ridden on and off for 40 + years, and I am a green rider.....my early training was rubbish, left me...Liked On: 04-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 04:46 PMGreen on green is NOT an insult, it is often an accident waiting to happen, so see it as more of a warning. When green transitions to something else cannot possibly be measured by time, but only...Liked On: 04-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 04:34 PMmgarzon liked post by Cat On thread : how many years before no longer green?If you are talking purely in relation to the rider - there are people who I know claim to have ridden all their lives and I would still consider them quite green. No confidence, horse sense, or...Liked On: 04-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 04:34 PMmgarzon liked post by Tigerlily4 On thread : Black & white sketches needed for kid's bookoh Ok, that's fine! Yes, Im not sure whether threads can be deleted either!!:-):DLiked On: 04-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Posted On: 04-07-2014, 06:50 PMChildren's literature is THE most difficult do.Liked On: 03-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Posted On: 03-31-2014, 12:28 PMmgarzon liked post by horseluvr2524 On thread : Illustrating a book!OMG If only I could draw like that!!!!!!!! Those are SO beautiful!Liked On: 03-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Posted On: 03-31-2014, 01:00 PMmgarzon liked post by cakemom On thread : Illustrating a book!I have been a Garzon fan from the beginning!! Have read two of her adult stories. Your illustrations are beautiful. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 03-31-2014, 08:55 AM
Posted On: 03-31-2014, 12:39 AMmgarzon liked post by quinn On thread : Illustrating a book!love these, esp. The bunny and the boy! Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 03-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Posted On: 03-30-2014, 10:16 PMsorry those last two are upside down. I don't know a lot about the Canadian Horse, but they were a very versatile and strong horse, valued in the military and by the farmer on the frontier. ...Liked On: 03-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Posted On: 03-30-2014, 07:33 PMso, I am venturing out to illustrate a children's book. I won't speak too much about the book as of yet, as the author is still developing it, but she gave me permission to post the illustrations I...Liked On: 03-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Posted On: 03-30-2014, 07:17 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.