- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
- Good morning Stan! Nice to hear from you. I googled that article. Very interesting. I had to print out a map of NZ to decipher exactly where you are. Ya know, usually I love extreme weather, but not this. We generally have such boring weather here, that when something exciting happens it just breaks the monotony! But this my friend is too much. I will keep watching.
Some of those other articles are fascinating too. Funny how life just goes on!
- Seems the "Good Ole Boys" club stretches all the way to NZ. It never fails to amaze me how people will defend the actions of one of their employees that causes such dangerous environments for the people around them.
I'm not sure about the laws there, but sure seems illegal to me what your barrister did. I would be interested in knowing why he decided to change it, but doubt that info will ever surface.
Somehow I failed to see your message from December. Please forgive for my nonresponse. I don't know how I missed it unless I got a new message alert and thought it was a pm.
Really appreciate the advice. No wonder you and Buggs are such a great team. Your use of equine psychology rather than force is probably why you are more like the dominant herdmate than a human handler. I love to watch you two dealing with each other. He probably thinks he's helping you with the garden. In his way of course. You know how horses are when they find a tasty treat. Maybe he meant to gather those tomatos for you, but was overcome by the temptation to turn it into a treat With horses, who knows!
Again, please forgive my failure to respond to your message. It was an innocent oversight (state of confusion lol) and I want you to know that I really appreciate your help. I will keep the advice in mind so I can apply when and if I ever find a suitable horse.
- Stan-I have a similar problem here in South Florida. Beauty yes, but the heat affects me too. HUMIDITY = passing out. Nothing really works, but the usual-Gatorade is good plus- plain water... From your part of the world I found a Christopher Jozy hat on Ebay. You can soak it in water & wear it immediately. (i'm looking for your photos---)
- About Stan
- Married with children. That should say it all. Those that have teenagers have also reared a horse.
- New Zealand
- Horse trekking, music, car racing
- Probation Officer
- Current Status
- Trying very hard to learn how to ride in a manner as not to make to much of a fool of myself.
- My blog foremyhorse.org you may enjoy the read. Its different.
- Home Page
- http://foremyhorse.org any interests, update weekly
- This Page
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- All right I forgot the shiny black boots and the crop, Sorry. :lol: I have also noticed when they come back covered in mud it's always the horses fault. Yeah they bring whips too and lunge in our...Liked On: Today, 03:34 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 09:57 PMI would doubt their horses behave much better in the ring. IMO a trial horse must prove to be one with the environment. An environment with a whole lot of variables. Minimal acclimation doesn't...Liked On: Today, 03:29 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 07:08 AMStan liked post by Change On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50I got home from work yesterday and noticed the owner of the place next door was there (he rents out the place and is hard to catch) so I went over to say hi. His property is 1.65 acres, and it...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Posted On: 05-03-2015, 02:18 AMI should have used more vacation and stayed after the event! There may be some groups near you that have weekend events. If you have a trailer Fort Valley is not far from you. Terrain there is...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:22 AM
Posted On: 05-03-2015, 09:09 PMMy horse is constant forward, that doesn't count though. He can side pass as fast as some trot when in a group ride. Wife's horse gets jiggy around unknown or too many other horses. It used to...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:21 AM
Posted On: 05-03-2015, 09:00 PMCamping Commentary! Well here I am typing this mess. 634866 My F250 diesel finally got out of the shop. We won't discuss the cost but it's back and running fine. We won't discuss me almost...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:19 AM
Posted On: 05-03-2015, 06:36 PMI made it back home after a 4-day event. We had a blast and the weather held out beautifully. Much to do I just got home, had to take a breather. Need to use the tooth that is blue to get some...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:15 AM
Posted On: 05-03-2015, 05:29 PMStan liked post by Eole On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40Sorry to have been silent this week, but have been reading and liking. This is the reason why I was MIA... I present to you "Princess Buttercup". We've been 10 eventful hours on the road today and...Liked On: 05-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Posted On: 05-02-2015, 09:31 PMFound a nice aluminum bucket, just needs some mud washed off (looks like someone used it to mix potting soil). Was thinking of giving it to Janice, but might put it in my footlocker in the interest...Liked On: 05-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Posted On: 05-02-2015, 01:58 AMStan liked post by SueC On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40Oh and I do have an old photo you guys might like we took at a tulip farm in Tasmania a few years ago! http://photography.coulstock.id.au/gallery/landscape/photos/img_4697.jpg If you like that...Liked On: 04-27-2015, 04:35 AM
Posted On: 04-26-2015, 09:22 AMWell...there is one man who works in maintenance at work who would help if I asked him. But... It's so nice that duct tape now comes in so many pretty colors!:rofl:Liked On: 04-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Posted On: 04-25-2015, 08:34 AMStan liked post by Blue On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40My mower runs better when I have a cocktail in hand :wink:Liked On: 04-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Posted On: 04-24-2015, 07:35 PMStan liked post by AnitaAnne On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40HP, good luck on the job hunt! Hopefully you will find a great position quickly that lasts many years. You deserve it. :D Nicker, something I keep in mind is that navicular usually is just in the...Liked On: 04-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Posted On: 04-23-2015, 10:14 AMStan liked post by ellen hays On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40Good a.m.:-) Hope everyone is well. Texted K asking for technical help on lawnmower from her DH. Well, got text right back saying he was on his way over. Didn't mean to bother them like that, but...Liked On: 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Posted On: 04-23-2015, 08:22 AMStan liked post by Roadyy On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40I am having to do some repairs on my 48" deck mower as well. The tension pulley bracket bolt has lost it's threading and now flips up to get the belt out of alignment thus throwing the belt. I also...Liked On: 04-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Posted On: 04-22-2015, 03:38 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.