Red Gate Farm
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Thanks so much for that! I'm pretty obsessed with Tudor history, so figured I would do that. How do you start? Do you literally turn up in garb? I'll ask the local group is someone can take me under their wing. Is it ok to just create the persona you want? I was thinking a lower noble Tudor woman but I didn't want to just jump in as something if there is some etiquette I'm supposed to follow lol. I have no idea what avenue I want to go down but I'm thinking equestrian and maybe something like archery. I've only just started to look into it all, but it's a bit exciting What do you do?
- Hi, I noticed an old post from you saying you were a member of the sca. I'm thinking about joining as I've always fancied re-enactment but literally have no idea where to start and know nothing about it! I found my local group and have dropped them a message but I was wondering if you could tell me more? Thanks x
- Medieval group, she says, picking up a message sent months ago..anyone looking for a new horse? Doesn't this guy just SCREAM medieval at you? Price now reduced
- No I haven't tried Suitability. I have tried various commercial patterns though and altering them a bit to fit your form specifically comes from experience. I don't think the Suitability would be much different. I like the idea I can pick the material and the embellishments to create something unique for me, that no one else will have.
- About Red Gate Farm
- Alberta, Canada
- Horses, SCA, music, movies
- Executive Secretary
- Sometimes I wrestle with my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Red Gate Farm liked post by tinyliny On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50If I did that, my husband would just watch over my shoulder and micromanage my work.Liked On: 07-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Posted On: 07-30-2015, 12:06 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by boots On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Had a nice evening with the horse. Didn't ride but groomed. Had some little things to do on the horse trailer. A turn signal. A window glass. Couple screens. A door gasket. Made...Liked On: 07-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Posted On: 07-29-2015, 09:47 PMChange this is what they're calling for in my area, Friday. Low humidity is supposed to go with it. Friday Mostly Sunny High: 89 Low: 66 Zoom Great Scott! Ditto everyone else! Stay hydrated...Liked On: 07-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Posted On: 07-29-2015, 05:37 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Avna On thread : Rip Van Horsewinkle awakes and looks aboutFor reasons I do not quite understand myself, I accepted the gift of a young untrained horse who otherwise was going to the auction because she was not saleable, not because she had anything at all...Liked On: 07-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Posted On: 07-23-2015, 10:26 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Textan49 On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50I had a 95 year old neighbor who conned her son into painting the garage (her grandson started it and then became busy at his own home) by dragging out the ladder 15 minutes before she knew her son...Liked On: 07-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Posted On: 07-29-2015, 09:53 AMYes, Walk, My wife thinks the same. Us men from the old world are just use to saying "I'm ok" and getting it done. We know we need to slow down, but some of us also know that wifes need to slow...Liked On: 07-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Posted On: 07-28-2015, 02:13 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by greenhaven On thread : Need a shoulder - the stress is incredibleFirst, I highly recommend the book "Boundaries" by Cloud and Townsend. Itt is an excellent resource for learning how to protect yourself in a healthy way from damaging people. Including family. ...Liked On: 07-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Posted On: 07-25-2015, 09:48 AMAnd the temp at 4:00 PM is: Current conditions Fair Temperature: 97°F Winds: Southwest at 5.8 MPH Pressure: 29.98 in. Humidity: 47% Dewpoint: 73.4°F Heat Index: 108°F even a lone crow was...Liked On: 07-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Posted On: 07-27-2015, 06:29 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by mslady254 On thread : Exercises To Open The HipsI keep a pet gate up to restrict the dog in certain areas ad I have to lift a leg overit it any time I go to or from my bedroom so,multiple times a day. I really think its kept my hips limber as Ive...Liked On: 07-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Posted On: 07-26-2015, 01:23 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by greenhaven On thread : Exercises To Open The HipsArmchair Recliner Clambering Exercise. Check. :rofl: In all seriousness, great thread! Will definitely take up the Pinterest suggestion, which should only take me about two hours what with...Liked On: 07-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Posted On: 07-26-2015, 12:05 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Kay Armstrong On thread : Need Help with Graphite Drawing PleaseLooks to me like the horse is jumping...not sure what the OP meant the position to be...or at this point what the outcome should look like....jumping, cantering, bucking....not sure which way to goLiked On: 07-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Posted On: 07-26-2015, 08:50 PMIsn't it funny that the best days to work outside, is when you are stuck inside. Hot again down here too. In addition, I think the dust from mowing has given me a sinus infection. It is better...Liked On: 07-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Posted On: 07-24-2015, 10:02 AMRed Gate. you can come down and help me haul hay, but it is raining again. We do need the rain. Everytime we almost get something finished, we always have 3 or 4 more things started. When I get...Liked On: 07-27-2015, 09:39 AM
Posted On: 07-23-2015, 02:20 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Mulefeather On thread : Any tips on how to help an older dog with arthritis?There is a lot you can do to help arthritis, thankfully. #1 is going to be - watch his diet. Fat dogs have a harder time with everything, and it can make arthritis worse because there is more...Liked On: 07-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Posted On: 07-20-2015, 03:22 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by natisha On thread : and my world comes crashing downHave you no friends, neighbors or relatives who could help? If a total stranger came to me starving I would offer what I could. Call the State regarding taxes. Most States have legal aid that can...Liked On: 07-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Posted On: 07-23-2015, 12:48 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.