Red Gate Farm
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Thanks so much for that! I'm pretty obsessed with Tudor history, so figured I would do that. How do you start? Do you literally turn up in garb? I'll ask the local group is someone can take me under their wing. Is it ok to just create the persona you want? I was thinking a lower noble Tudor woman but I didn't want to just jump in as something if there is some etiquette I'm supposed to follow lol. I have no idea what avenue I want to go down but I'm thinking equestrian and maybe something like archery. I've only just started to look into it all, but it's a bit exciting What do you do?
- Hi, I noticed an old post from you saying you were a member of the sca. I'm thinking about joining as I've always fancied re-enactment but literally have no idea where to start and know nothing about it! I found my local group and have dropped them a message but I was wondering if you could tell me more? Thanks x
- Medieval group, she says, picking up a message sent months ago..anyone looking for a new horse? Doesn't this guy just SCREAM medieval at you? Price now reduced
- No I haven't tried Suitability. I have tried various commercial patterns though and altering them a bit to fit your form specifically comes from experience. I don't think the Suitability would be much different. I like the idea I can pick the material and the embellishments to create something unique for me, that no one else will have.
- About Red Gate Farm
- Alberta, Canada
- Horses, SCA, music, movies
- Executive Secretary
- Sometimes I wrestle with my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Red Gate Farm liked post by boots On thread : 21 years old, am I crazy?I don't think it's crazy to take a 21 year old horse. Provided it is sound and you can keep weight on it. The first horse I got my kids was 27 years old, and we rode her another 4 years. She was...Liked On: Today, 03:47 PM
Posted On: 02-10-2015, 11:25 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Mulefeather On thread : What to tell non-horsey person?“Good to know. Pass the peas, please.” Honestly, any question that begins with “How can I get someone else to _______” , the final answer is “You can’t.” If your sister hates horses, she...Liked On: Today, 03:43 PM
Posted On: Today, 03:37 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Rainbows On thread : Scary Barn/Horse StoriesJust curious to hear everyone's scary barn or horse stories! It can be from paranormal activity within your barn or simply any scary story! Here's mine: So I do barn chores every other...Liked On: Today, 03:21 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:39 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by chanda95 On thread : Drawing - My son and his horseLatest Work in Progress - a birthday gift for my mom. My son and his horse. http://www.horseforum.com/members/22699/album/boy-his-horse-14330/work-progress-102690.jpg ...Liked On: Today, 02:37 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:04 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by jaydee On thread : FurnishingsI'm a plant killer - so I avoid buying them now!!! I don't think you need to spend a ton of money to have a nice home - you can pick up great bargains in sales and consignment stores (things a bit...Liked On: Today, 11:54 AM
Posted On: Today, 09:57 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by EponaLynn On thread : Inheriting a boarder (long)I agree with this ~ I would bet money that even if she picks the option where she has to come out daily she won't ~ and then you'll have a horse who is hungry and guess who will be feeding it. $250...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:22 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by beau159 On thread : New To Barrel Racing. Tips and advice pleaseFirst tip I will give you is to find a trainer. I know that sounds cliche, but it is always helpful. Yes, you can find lots of free videos on YouTube (which I'll point out) and there are plenty of...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:28 AM
Posted On: 02-16-2015, 04:25 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Clydesdales On thread : Stupid TestingI did that!....except it was the same bit my horse used:shock: me and my sister would take the bit and the reins off and play horses...I was the horse, and she was the roughest rider ever! I was very...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:24 AM
Posted On: 02-24-2015, 06:02 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by frlsgirl On thread : What have you learned from this winter?Buying a white car was stupid.Liked On: 02-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2015, 01:58 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by NBEventer On thread : What have you learned from this winter?No matter how high you make your fences... the snow drifts WILL over take them. Seriously, we made our top strand of fence 5 1/2 feet and I long lost the top strand of fence in the bottom of our...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 10:27 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by natisha On thread : Why did my mare buck me off for no reason?If my calculations are correct she was 18 months old when she was bred & you started riding her? Then I'd say she bucked because she needs to be restarted as she's still a baby....with a baby.Liked On: 02-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2015, 03:33 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by RegularJoe On thread : Frugal living - money saving tipsNot caring what I look like in public has been a big money saver for me, although I must admit that wearing goofy hats and being unshaved do embarrass my kids from time to time. On the other...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 05:19 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Charli On thread : Hello fellow plus sized riders, introduce yourself hereHi everyone, I thought I would introduce myself. Definitely a plus size rider. I was always on the bigger side but it wasn't until I injured my ankle and had to have two surgeries when I really...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2015, 12:00 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by Allison Finch On thread : horsemanship rantThe bolded statement you made is where many of us got a little upset. For you to say that these top riders are riding terribly is a strong judgmental statement. When was the last time you tried to...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 01:49 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by beau159 On thread : horsemanship rantWell, let's see some videos. Let's see a sliding stop, a reining spin, a flying lead change, roping a calf, running a barrel pattern, etc. Not to mention, what are your accomplishments in...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 12:28 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.