Red Gate Farm
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Thanks so much for that! I'm pretty obsessed with Tudor history, so figured I would do that. How do you start? Do you literally turn up in garb? I'll ask the local group is someone can take me under their wing. Is it ok to just create the persona you want? I was thinking a lower noble Tudor woman but I didn't want to just jump in as something if there is some etiquette I'm supposed to follow lol. I have no idea what avenue I want to go down but I'm thinking equestrian and maybe something like archery. I've only just started to look into it all, but it's a bit exciting What do you do?
- Hi, I noticed an old post from you saying you were a member of the sca. I'm thinking about joining as I've always fancied re-enactment but literally have no idea where to start and know nothing about it! I found my local group and have dropped them a message but I was wondering if you could tell me more? Thanks x
- Medieval group, she says, picking up a message sent months ago..anyone looking for a new horse? Doesn't this guy just SCREAM medieval at you? Price now reduced
- No I haven't tried Suitability. I have tried various commercial patterns though and altering them a bit to fit your form specifically comes from experience. I don't think the Suitability would be much different. I like the idea I can pick the material and the embellishments to create something unique for me, that no one else will have.
- About Red Gate Farm
- Alberta, Canada
- Horses, SCA, music, movies
- Executive Secretary
- Current Status
- Getting ready for a family Christmas :)
- His nicker of greeting makes my heart sing.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Red Gate Farm liked post by Corporal On thread : Keeping Snow Out of Hoof'sIn the "Old Days" before all of the "new fangled" products, we used Petroleum Jelly. I like the idea of Pam, and you can buy the generic stuff pretty cheap. =DLiked On: Today, 02:24 PM
Posted On: Today, 01:53 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by beau159 On thread : What would you do? *venting*I would not tolerate such treatment as well as you are doing. (I'd be telling her where she can shove her advice......) Kill her with kindness. Start answering everyone question of hers with...Liked On: 11-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Posted On: 11-25-2013, 05:58 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Dustbunny On thread : Switching Trainer..she's attachedAs said above, it's business. Probably best to keep these relationships on a business level and not get personally attached. It's easy to let that happen.Liked On: 11-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Posted On: 11-24-2013, 12:02 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Zexious On thread : Switching Trainer..she's attachedI really don't think you need to explain anything: this is a business move, nothing else. Just assure your trainer that you value your friendship, and hope it can continue.Liked On: 11-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Posted On: 11-12-2013, 03:27 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by usandpets On thread : What is your Thoughts on discipline?If it is warranted, when a horse turns its butt toward you, strikes or kicks or bites, yup, without hesitation. However, not if the horse has done something to piss you off and you get angry....Liked On: 11-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Posted On: 11-20-2013, 07:59 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by dustinwhite87 On thread : the horse with no go! Fixed the problemWell i had a horse with no go! Now all she wants to do is go.. I like it. My trainer looked at her saddle, he told me to try his. Mine was sitting on her withers, which she has very high ones. So...Liked On: 11-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Posted On: 11-18-2013, 09:38 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Celeste On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50I think that is because we have to get up and go to the bathroom...........Liked On: 11-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Posted On: 11-18-2013, 12:46 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Skyseternalangel On thread : A Rant here to save my well-meaning husbandThere was a miscommunication.. just realize that he did something for you with good intentions (maybe he thought plowing it would earn him brownie points) and did not consider the whole... squashing...Liked On: 11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Posted On: 11-18-2013, 05:32 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by GamingGrrl On thread : Seriously need some advice for a "boarder"Sounds like your saddle may not fit, if he was fine bareback and started acting up again when you saddled him. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 11-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Posted On: 10-12-2013, 12:26 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by NorthernMama On thread : What would it take to rehab, then what would I have?I'm confused... You don't have the 21 yr old gelding, you looked at the 6 yr old gelding (the one in the pics?) and now are looking at trading the 21 yr old for a 2-4 yr mare from an...Liked On: 11-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Posted On: 11-17-2013, 06:47 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50YUK, be safe Dimsum, we now have snow, that's it until April or May, goodbye ground - hello soft landings:lol:Liked On: 11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Posted On: 11-17-2013, 02:48 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by wdblevin On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50There are times where I can barely tie my own shoes (maybe because I am not paying attention or just having a senior moment) so the idea of even attempting a rope halter would be WAY beyond me. ;-P...Liked On: 11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Posted On: 11-17-2013, 02:05 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by DuckDodgers On thread : "What's the Lowest You will Take?"Ooh, I like that! I'll keep that in mind next time the occasion comes up...Liked On: 11-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Posted On: 11-15-2013, 04:48 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Sahara On thread : Am I being weird or something ?Wear earbuds/headphones and don't make eye contact with anyone!! Maybe they will eventually take the hint. LOLLiked On: 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Posted On: 11-15-2013, 03:55 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by loosie On thread : Most important lesson you've learned^Oh, I don't know, while it's good to understand & consider the differences, we all learn in the same basic way, so I find the same principles are sound for dogs as they are for horses, cats, kids......Liked On: 11-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Posted On: 11-14-2013, 03:18 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.