Red Gate Farm
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Thanks so much for that! I'm pretty obsessed with Tudor history, so figured I would do that. How do you start? Do you literally turn up in garb? I'll ask the local group is someone can take me under their wing. Is it ok to just create the persona you want? I was thinking a lower noble Tudor woman but I didn't want to just jump in as something if there is some etiquette I'm supposed to follow lol. I have no idea what avenue I want to go down but I'm thinking equestrian and maybe something like archery. I've only just started to look into it all, but it's a bit exciting What do you do?
- Hi, I noticed an old post from you saying you were a member of the sca. I'm thinking about joining as I've always fancied re-enactment but literally have no idea where to start and know nothing about it! I found my local group and have dropped them a message but I was wondering if you could tell me more? Thanks x
- Medieval group, she says, picking up a message sent months ago..anyone looking for a new horse? Doesn't this guy just SCREAM medieval at you? Price now reduced
- No I haven't tried Suitability. I have tried various commercial patterns though and altering them a bit to fit your form specifically comes from experience. I don't think the Suitability would be much different. I like the idea I can pick the material and the embellishments to create something unique for me, that no one else will have.
- About Red Gate Farm
- Alberta, Canada
- Horses, SCA, music, movies
- Executive Secretary
- Sometimes I wrestle with my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Red Gate Farm liked post by tinyliny On thread : Glad no one was watching me when I ....I went up an over on a 13 hh Icelandic, and that was from a mounting block. I am a total clutz..Liked On: Today, 10:27 AM
Posted On: Today, 01:49 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by livelovelaughride On thread : Glad no one was watching me when I ....was getting cold standing around hand grazing my horse. So I hopped up on a rock, and tried to get on bareback. Except he's tall to get on and I -for lack of better words- had to do a kind of belly...Liked On: Today, 10:27 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:34 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Eole On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Well, I'm officially in the club: I hit 50 on Saturday and it didn't hurt too much. I thought I'd have sudden enlightment and would wake up wiser. Nope, don't feel any different. Are you saying...Liked On: Today, 09:46 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 05:08 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by bsms On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50I'd like to ride, but the sky is covered with rain clouds and the wind is blowing hard. I realize an English rider would say something like, "If you can see the horse's ears from the saddle, it's...Liked On: Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 12:17 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by WhattaTroublemaker On thread : What a great find!So we found the long lost registration papers to one of our most beloved old appaloosa mares on the farm, come to find out she has Sundance, three bars, peter MCcue, and Old Sorrel lines, and lines...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:41 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by ecasey On thread : My husband was seriously injured on my horse yesterdayThank you everyone for your kind words. Don't worry, I don't blame my horse one iota. She's an angel and would never intentionally cause a rider to get hurt or even fall off. I do question...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Posted On: 10-03-2015, 05:49 AMAs I said to one of my work friends yesterday, your day will come. I took a big hit on my retirement leaving this early, but I had just had it. Increasing the value of my retirement had become...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Posted On: 10-03-2015, 01:58 PMI DID IT! I DID IT! I gave notice yesterday and because I had two weeks of sick leave banked, was able to walk out that day and never go back. I am officially free to use my work day to start...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Posted On: 10-03-2015, 11:33 AMRed, most love it. If one of mine has been up for awhile, they hit the open and jump and play and take off running. It is so great to see they run free, with their heads up in the wind. Almost as...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Posted On: 10-02-2015, 12:21 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Ashleysmardigrasgirl On thread : Really proud of my horseWe’ve just barely gotten to know each other and I feel like I’ve had my first real “break through” with her. We had a rough start together which, made the "accomplishment" feel so much sweeter. She’s...Liked On: 10-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Posted On: 10-01-2015, 11:47 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by SouthernTrails On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50hmmmmm...........Liked On: 10-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Posted On: 10-01-2015, 07:14 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by jmc On thread : Ivermectin overdose! (4 month old mini mule)Just to follow up on what happened, in case someone else has this happen and finds this thread on a search: Thistle didn't have any lasting effects. For maybe 8 hours after, she was a bit...Liked On: 09-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Posted On: 09-30-2015, 11:29 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by AmyD On thread : What breed does he look like?Looks like a draft cross to me.Liked On: 09-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Posted On: 09-26-2015, 03:41 PMFried bread sounds great. I think I just put on another 5 pounds. I hauled 48 rolls of hay this weekend. He is still holding 12 more for me. They are really good hay, about 800 to 900 pounds...Liked On: 09-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Posted On: 09-28-2015, 12:50 PMRed Gate, What kind of food can you bring? It has been awhile since I have been up there. I love the people, the old chuches. I might get to go back next year. Our software vendor is in London.Liked On: 09-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Posted On: 09-29-2015, 03:27 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.