Red Gate Farm
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Thanks so much for that! I'm pretty obsessed with Tudor history, so figured I would do that. How do you start? Do you literally turn up in garb? I'll ask the local group is someone can take me under their wing. Is it ok to just create the persona you want? I was thinking a lower noble Tudor woman but I didn't want to just jump in as something if there is some etiquette I'm supposed to follow lol. I have no idea what avenue I want to go down but I'm thinking equestrian and maybe something like archery. I've only just started to look into it all, but it's a bit exciting What do you do?
- Hi, I noticed an old post from you saying you were a member of the sca. I'm thinking about joining as I've always fancied re-enactment but literally have no idea where to start and know nothing about it! I found my local group and have dropped them a message but I was wondering if you could tell me more? Thanks x
- Medieval group, she says, picking up a message sent months ago..anyone looking for a new horse? Doesn't this guy just SCREAM medieval at you? Price now reduced
- No I haven't tried Suitability. I have tried various commercial patterns though and altering them a bit to fit your form specifically comes from experience. I don't think the Suitability would be much different. I like the idea I can pick the material and the embellishments to create something unique for me, that no one else will have.
- About Red Gate Farm
- Alberta, Canada
- Horses, SCA, music, movies
- Executive Secretary
- If you really want it, you'll make it happen; if you don't, you'll make excuses.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Red Gate Farm liked post by Change On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Spent the morning at the local arena watching team roping and drooling over all the pretty butts (one or two of 'em were wearing jeans, too). God did right with quarter horses and cowboys. ;-)Liked On: 09-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Posted On: 09-13-2014, 04:23 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by BlueSpark On thread : Need help with my Stallion Babyyou have another thread with a mare that's about to foal. I suggest you really revaluate your priorities, reduce your horses to a number you can afford to pay for and stop breeding.Liked On: 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Posted On: 09-18-2014, 04:38 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Rosebit78 On thread : Need help with my Stallion BabyHe isn't dangerous because he is a stallion. He is dangerous because he is a "teenage" horse with no reason to respect you. You have to get his respect above all else. Gelding him will not make a...Liked On: 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Posted On: 09-18-2014, 04:38 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by churumbeque On thread : Missing Horses, Possibly Escaped Pasture or Was Stolen!Proper update is always appreciated.Liked On: 09-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 09-17-2014, 02:26 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by bsms On thread : Western riding looks strangePosting & Western: there was a thread here a few years back asking which western riders posted. From the results, it seemed very regional - in some places, most folks were shocked at the idea, while...Liked On: 09-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Posted On: 09-18-2014, 10:58 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by PrivatePilot On thread : Just a wee little rantThat's not bad. If it had been sitting for a year or so I'd suggest a few other checks before rolling again, but bearings are never a bad idea. Have the tires looked at as well - trailer tires...Liked On: 09-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Posted On: 09-16-2014, 10:08 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by SunnyDraco On thread : FillyTall horses can produce short offspring, short horses can produce tall offspring. Offspring are usually around the height of their parents but it is common enough for them to be considerably shorter...Liked On: 09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Posted On: 09-17-2014, 02:28 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by SEAmom On thread : Saddlebred won't lower his headThis is the wrong train of thought altogether for a Saddlebred. He may not lower it for your expected proper English form, but he will be able to lower to his own breed's and conformation's proper...Liked On: 09-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Posted On: 09-16-2014, 02:18 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Arabian and Arabian x traitsLOL, I don't own Arabs, Arabs own me, they are smart, loveable, exasperating, they will learn something knew in about 2 minutes, so you have to be sure what you are teaching them is good, because if...Liked On: 09-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Posted On: 09-10-2014, 09:18 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by DuffyDuck On thread : Should I be seeing red flags?If they are a dime a dozen in the area, why pick up a lame one? Injecting joints is NOT common here. I'd be running away. Fast.Liked On: 09-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Posted On: 09-11-2014, 04:45 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by squirrelfood On thread : Should I be seeing red flags?Pay for a vet bill FIRST, before taking on the horse. It may be cheaper in the long run to find out exactly what you would be dealing with. Don't expect present owners to tell the truth, and don't...Liked On: 09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Posted On: 09-10-2014, 08:40 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Naj On thread : Horse refusing to turn rightSince I don't know the history of the horse, what you are saying can be true, I know that it can be retrained and this what I am doing, I just mentioned in my original post that i got the horse newly...Liked On: 09-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Posted On: 09-11-2014, 02:05 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by Zexious On thread : When to let a child decide about their own life?????I think someone who is 15 has more awareness of her life and situation than we're giving... Personally, I think your girlfriend should listen to her daughter's wishes. I have a hard enough time with...Liked On: 09-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Posted On: 09-10-2014, 02:51 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by horselovinguy On thread : Supplements?I think you answered your own question right in your opening statement... You recently moved barns. Your horse had been fed a feed that included daily vitamins & minerals.... Now he is fed...Liked On: 09-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Posted On: 09-10-2014, 12:07 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by DuckDodgers On thread : Farrier made horse lame?!!That's what I've learned from my experiences with this guy. Thankfully, I've finally found a farrier that does a great job, hasn't beaten my horse with a rasp in my absence, is punctual, reliable,...Liked On: 09-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Posted On: 09-06-2014, 10:55 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.