Red Gate Farm
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Thanks so much for that! I'm pretty obsessed with Tudor history, so figured I would do that. How do you start? Do you literally turn up in garb? I'll ask the local group is someone can take me under their wing. Is it ok to just create the persona you want? I was thinking a lower noble Tudor woman but I didn't want to just jump in as something if there is some etiquette I'm supposed to follow lol. I have no idea what avenue I want to go down but I'm thinking equestrian and maybe something like archery. I've only just started to look into it all, but it's a bit exciting What do you do?
- Hi, I noticed an old post from you saying you were a member of the sca. I'm thinking about joining as I've always fancied re-enactment but literally have no idea where to start and know nothing about it! I found my local group and have dropped them a message but I was wondering if you could tell me more? Thanks x
- Medieval group, she says, picking up a message sent months ago..anyone looking for a new horse? Doesn't this guy just SCREAM medieval at you? Price now reduced
- No I haven't tried Suitability. I have tried various commercial patterns though and altering them a bit to fit your form specifically comes from experience. I don't think the Suitability would be much different. I like the idea I can pick the material and the embellishments to create something unique for me, that no one else will have.
- About Red Gate Farm
- Alberta, Canada
- Horses, SCA, music, movies
- Executive Secretary
- Sometimes I wrestle with my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Red Gate Farm liked post by danny67 On thread : Sneason's greetings Wilburrrrrr!Paavo wishes everyone a Hyvää Joulua! https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/15839684497_f91b7e01bc_z.jpgLiked On: Today, 02:27 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:10 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by tinyliny On thread : Thought I'd share my new colt. (also looking for name suggestions)Radar!!! that's perfect!Liked On: Today, 02:26 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 04:30 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by jaydee On thread : one of the hardest things for me to grasp is.....If your initial groundwork is thorough and effective then you're far less likely to have problems under saddle. If the problems are coming from a horses basic lack of understanding then going back to...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 12:51 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by BreakableRider On thread : one of the hardest things for me to grasp is.....I'm a huge groundwork fan, I find it much easier to fix something that's going wrong before I ever swing a leg over. I regularly work with horses that have problems, bucking, bolting, rearing, barn...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 12:46 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by KigerQueen On thread : Awful front hooves - achievable goals for first trim?You dont want to take too much off at once. It can strain the internal workings in the leg badly. Taking off less more often will work better for your horse in the long run.Liked On: Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Posted On: 12-13-2014, 03:44 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by Reiningcatsanddogs On thread : Riding in jeans...I think the difference is in the saddles and how you ride. Western riders generally do not post, we are supposed to stick to our seats, so less pressure rubbing on the thighs. I personally...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Posted On: 12-14-2014, 02:37 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by gssw5 On thread : So called "Childish Dreams"I always tell my kids follow your dreams. If owning a horse someday is part of your dream then you will make it happen. You have a goal to learn to ride that is a great start, make sure you learn...Liked On: Yesterday, 10:41 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 07:57 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by liltuktuk On thread : How much would you pay for a trim? Price debate...I pay $40 for a trim every 6 weeks. My guy is a barefoot trimmer who goes to as many workshops/continuing education/etc. courses that he can. He started trimming his own horses back when he had a...Liked On: 12-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Posted On: 12-16-2014, 05:05 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Chevaux On thread : Standing Wraps for Trailering?Firstly, it's commendable that you're thinking of protecting the legs. I don't think many people give that a lot of thought. I started out (many years ago now) using quilts and wraps. That...Liked On: 12-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Posted On: 12-16-2014, 12:38 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by NorthernMama On thread : How to say no without ruining a friendshipWhew! I started reading this thread and was thinking, "Oh no, Drafty's going to get screwed. And they just moved into that great place..." and was VERY glad to read that you stood up for yourself,...Liked On: 12-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Posted On: 12-14-2014, 07:48 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by HombresArablegacy On thread : How to say no without ruining a friendshipJust say No. If you have want to offer an explanation, tell her that you and your boyfriend like the privacy of living alone. Then tell her she needs to find her OWN place. Because once you let them...Liked On: 12-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Posted On: 12-14-2014, 06:54 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by NorthernMama On thread : What IS it with people!? BIG rant!This. Have you said no before and then caved? That'll do it. Be firm. Think of them all as a bunch of spoiled horses.Liked On: 12-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Posted On: 12-11-2014, 06:30 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Corporal On thread : Frugal living - money saving tipsI wanted a small flat screen for my BR. SIL had one that she bought, but decided she didn't want. My b'day is in a week, so she gave me THIS 19" tv for a present. Cost her no extra $, and I got...Liked On: 12-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Posted On: 12-12-2014, 09:34 AMRed Gate Farm liked post by Horseychick87 On thread : Frugal living - money saving tipsI just got 5 picture frames, excellent quality, fairly expensive, for free. My BF found them while cleaning out his closet and didn't want them, so for Christmas this year, my Aunts and Uncles will...Liked On: 12-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Posted On: 12-08-2014, 07:27 PMRed Gate Farm liked post by Stan On thread : Horse Talk for people over 50Managing your age... Too true.. Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they...Liked On: 12-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Posted On: 12-12-2014, 03:39 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM.