- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Lockwood liked post by Saddlebag On thread : Frugal living - money saving tipsHey folks, this is about helping each other with reducing our costs if we're in for another long harsh winter. Income doesn't change but my average electricity bill will jump by $28 mo. plus all the...Liked On: Today, 11:26 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2014, 09:05 PMLockwood liked post by CaliforniaDreaming On thread : Please Help! Im trying to save a SeagullDoesn't matter. You're still not a qualified rehabbed with any kind of training or knowledge of what can constitute a proper substitute diet or rehabilitative care ( I have -- after being trained --...Liked On: Today, 09:16 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:20 PMHi Lockwood! I'm glad I was wearing it also and I'll NEVER forget all the forum people who sent flowers to the hospital room. I had the best smelling room on the floor and everyone was amazed that...Liked On: 09-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Posted On: 09-15-2014, 02:20 PMI think you are. It's my understanding that the standards are a minimum that the manufacturers must meet. If they choose to go beyond the minimum that is their choice. I may be wrong. I will tell...Liked On: 09-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2014, 07:27 PMWhen I wrecked, I had a concussion even though I was wearing a helmet. I came really close to dying and my doctor said that if I had had significant head injuries on top of all the blunt force...Liked On: 09-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2014, 06:00 PMLockwood liked post by churumbeque On thread : New Baroque style bridleJust showing off our new bridle.Liked On: 09-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Posted On: 09-15-2014, 08:51 AMLockwood liked post by KsKatt On thread : A fun little nasty injury....I've seen pics of a wound like that, omg, it looks worse than anything you can imagine. She shared from day one through healing, it was the most fascinating thread ever. It's because of that that I...Liked On: 09-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2014, 10:20 PMLockwood liked post by phantomhorse13 On thread : A ridiculous trail ride experienceUnfortunately, loose dogs belonging to idiots is not uncommon for me, depending on what trails I ride on. But in terms of best funny moment.. that was all people. I was training on a Saturday...Liked On: 09-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Posted On: 09-12-2014, 08:29 PMLockwood liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : Free BoardingUnless you have really deep pockets, you can't not charge. The liability insurance will eat you alive, not to mention the costs for upkeep and just normal supplies like shavings for the barn stalls....Liked On: 09-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Posted On: 09-06-2014, 03:29 AMLockwood liked post by Golden Horse On thread : Look what I saw todayI had a call from DH today, saying when you bring my lunch down, bring some for yourself and eat while catching a lift in the swather. Can't say I was that keen, and then he added, bring your...Liked On: 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Posted On: 09-08-2014, 11:08 PMLockwood liked post by CLaPorte432 On thread : We purchased a new trailer!August 31st, my mom and I took a road trip to go look at a trailer. We've been wanting a 4 horse trailer. I'm constantly having to leave a horse home due to having to haul a horse for family to...Liked On: 09-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Posted On: 09-06-2014, 10:17 PMLockwood liked post by Saddlebag On thread : Choosing a vocationIf you're looking for a vocation where you get to sweat like a pig, skin your knuckles and cut your fingers, your choices are mechanic or saddle repair. A saddle came in with screw-in conchos and...Liked On: 09-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Posted On: 09-07-2014, 06:09 PMThis is what my room looked like BEFORE my sister's and my camera gear was spread all over it. ...Liked On: 09-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Posted On: 09-05-2014, 01:29 AMThe dive boat http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/allisonfinch_photos/Fiji%202014/aawGOPR0071_zps68d83dfc.jpg...Liked On: 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Posted On: 09-04-2014, 07:12 PMThat's right, I am sitting in a wonderful open air cafe with palm trees rustling and breezes wafting through....... I finally paid for some WiFi so that I could say hello. They diving here has...Liked On: 09-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Posted On: 09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.