- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Lockwood liked post by Clava On thread : Hattie the Haflinger's dressage year.Well on Saturday we competed as part of my Riding Club team in an Intermediate qualifiers competition. Hattie was good, but I didn't feel she was at her best as she wanted to snort and clear her...Liked On: 03-31-2015, 07:44 AM
Posted On: 03-31-2015, 05:03 AMI don't know why the forum has been loading soooo painfully slowlllllly for me lately, but here are some photos of various stuff! Hazellllll ...Liked On: 03-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Posted On: 03-29-2015, 04:55 PMHe was too good for this world, I guess.. I feel kind of guilty, like I should have "seen it" the last time I saw him [2 weeks ago]...or at least said goodbye instead of leaving without a goodbye. ...Liked On: 03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2015, 10:57 PMLockwood liked post by walkinthewalk On thread : Are all gaited horses spooky?Ditto "Palomine". All horses are born with a certain amount of spook to them; some more than others. It's up to the rider to teach that horse how to control the spook. The TWH in my...Liked On: 03-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Posted On: 03-22-2015, 09:00 AMLockwood liked post by Wallaby On thread : What does this look like to you? -growth on sheath-After a few bouts of rescheduling, the vet finalllly made it out today. And guess what? This "wart" had disappeared. The vet pulled a tiny scab off of where it had been, but now it's just a...Liked On: 03-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Posted On: 03-22-2015, 12:02 AM& BTW Lockwood, when I first joined this forum, there were some people... That shall remain nameless, farriers who were aggressive & arrogantly rude & condescending, about how stupid anyone could be...Liked On: 03-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2015, 05:44 PM^^thanks Lockwood! Yes, I reckon (mis) communication & perception & preconceived attitudes about people count for so much & get in the way of so much! Would it shock you to know that, 'talking'...Liked On: 03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2015, 05:14 PM^^Wish that were true Tiny, but I'm here partly because I want to help others save their hard earned, and more importantly, their horses welfare on wrong assumptions & treatments from expensive...Liked On: 03-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Posted On: 03-20-2015, 10:55 PMLockwood liked post by PSNapier On thread : How To Fix Forum Theme?Yup, perfect! Thank you deary, apologies for my silliness, haha.Liked On: 03-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Posted On: 03-20-2015, 05:09 PMLockwood liked post by TessaMay On thread : New Long Ear in the Family!Now that everything is settled and ready to go and all I have to do is wait, I wanted to introduce our new mule! We will be picking her up on Saturday, I'm not looking forward to the 3 hour drive...Liked On: 03-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Posted On: 03-19-2015, 01:53 PMLockwood liked post by verona1016 On thread : Looking for Horse Hauling Vehicle AdviseThe issue with goosenecks on a 1/2 ton is not towing capacity- it's payload capacity. Bumper pulls put about 10% of their weight on the truck, while goosenecks put about 25%. Coupled with the higher...Liked On: 03-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Posted On: 03-20-2015, 11:33 AMGood news! I think we finally turned a corner with Hazel's gash. This morning the swelling was down by at least 50% and the skin was looking SO much healthier - the wound was actually stretching...Liked On: 03-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Posted On: 03-19-2015, 02:48 PMLockwood liked post by NorthernMama On thread : Balking, Bucking and Starting a Two Year OldI dunno... I wouldn't be riding a two year old for 1 - 1/2 hours...Liked On: 03-19-2015, 07:42 AM
Posted On: 03-17-2015, 09:39 PMLockwood liked post by Saranda On thread : Balking, Bucking and Starting a Two Year OldThat's a horrible lot to do for a mere 2yo...Liked On: 03-19-2015, 07:42 AM
Posted On: 03-17-2015, 03:51 PMLockwood liked post by jaydee On thread : Balking, Bucking and Starting a Two Year OldMOD NOTE Some posts have been removed and some edited as a result of the removals Please remember that this is an open forum and people will often post things you don't agree with - provided they...Liked On: 03-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Posted On: 03-18-2015, 05:25 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.