- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Lockwood liked post by Wallaby On thread : Hey Admin, Give me a break.Dee, it's a PM that comes through [as part of the carrot game] that says "_____ stole your carrots while you were offline! Better lock them up next time" or something to the effect of that. ...Liked On: Yesterday, 07:46 AM
Posted On: 07-29-2015, 06:44 PMLockwood liked post by countryryder On thread : Nova's Baby Bump & Foaling Thread ...*Update* Baby Arrived!He's does have crazy long legs. Both parents are well over 16 HH, so he comes by it honestly. Now that he's got the hang of them though, wow, what a beautiful mover he is! He's a proud boy, three...Liked On: 06-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Posted On: 06-02-2015, 10:42 PMLockwood liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Spam posts!To all of you that reported the recent spam post on buying passports, many thanks! There were 48 posts all the same and, a lot of reports for which we thank you. Sending individual emails to...Liked On: 05-24-2015, 08:01 AM
Posted On: 05-23-2015, 10:25 AMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : How to make saline?this is pretty helpful! you could say that about 90% of what people ask about here, and then what kind of forum would we have?Liked On: 04-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Posted On: 04-24-2015, 12:22 PMLockwood liked post by verona1016 On thread : How to make saline?Vetericyn is a hypochlorous acid solution- it is designed for use on cuts and abrasions to disinfect them and is not comparable to saline. Saline does not have disinfectant properties but is used to...Liked On: 04-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Posted On: 04-24-2015, 10:13 AMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : Bring on the ugly halter horses!why is this thread closed? because of this rule: 8- Rules for Critique Forums Riding Critique Forum – Members may post pictures/videos of only themselves for a riding critique. It is...Liked On: 04-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2015, 12:34 AMLockwood liked post by Clava On thread : Hattie the Haflinger's dressage year.Well on Saturday we competed as part of my Riding Club team in an Intermediate qualifiers competition. Hattie was good, but I didn't feel she was at her best as she wanted to snort and clear her...Liked On: 03-31-2015, 07:44 AM
Posted On: 03-31-2015, 05:03 AMI don't know why the forum has been loading soooo painfully slowlllllly for me lately, but here are some photos of various stuff! Hazellllll ...Liked On: 03-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Posted On: 03-29-2015, 04:55 PMHe was too good for this world, I guess.. I feel kind of guilty, like I should have "seen it" the last time I saw him [2 weeks ago]...or at least said goodbye instead of leaving without a goodbye. ...Liked On: 03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2015, 10:57 PMLockwood liked post by walkinthewalk On thread : Are all gaited horses spooky?Ditto "Palomine". All horses are born with a certain amount of spook to them; some more than others. It's up to the rider to teach that horse how to control the spook. The TWH in my...Liked On: 03-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Posted On: 03-22-2015, 09:00 AMLockwood liked post by Wallaby On thread : What does this look like to you? -growth on sheath-After a few bouts of rescheduling, the vet finalllly made it out today. And guess what? This "wart" had disappeared. The vet pulled a tiny scab off of where it had been, but now it's just a...Liked On: 03-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Posted On: 03-22-2015, 12:02 AM& BTW Lockwood, when I first joined this forum, there were some people... That shall remain nameless, farriers who were aggressive & arrogantly rude & condescending, about how stupid anyone could be...Liked On: 03-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2015, 05:44 PM^^thanks Lockwood! Yes, I reckon (mis) communication & perception & preconceived attitudes about people count for so much & get in the way of so much! Would it shock you to know that, 'talking'...Liked On: 03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2015, 05:14 PM^^Wish that were true Tiny, but I'm here partly because I want to help others save their hard earned, and more importantly, their horses welfare on wrong assumptions & treatments from expensive...Liked On: 03-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Posted On: 03-20-2015, 10:55 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.