- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- I'm just so overwhelmed by the outpouring of sadness and support I've received from everyone. I never had any idea of just how many lives she touched. I'm so grateful that I got the time I got with...Liked On: 03-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Posted On: 03-28-2014, 10:12 PMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : Lacey is gone.The loss is all the harder for those that love powerfully. What a wonderful journey you've had, and thank you for sharing it with us, step by step, day by day, inspiration filled and image rich....Liked On: 03-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Posted On: 03-28-2014, 01:46 PMLast night Lacey began colicking really badly. She had never shown colic signs before this. The vet was out fast, but it was bad. We got her all doped up ut her pain level was really high - a...Liked On: 03-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Posted On: 03-28-2014, 01:40 PMLol! Oh, Roxy is cheeky! She inherited her Appy dam's brains and alpha mare gene and her sire's looks and athleticism. She looks nothing like an Appy other than the shape of her hips and thighs....Liked On: 03-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2014, 08:25 PMYou might be surprised how competative people can be, lol! There are halter classes (generally breed, but sometimes mare/stallion/gelding as well) and performance classes for English, Western and...Liked On: 03-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2014, 08:16 PMI admit, I haven't done any for awhile, nor have I gone to any model horse show for a few years, but thought I'd share some of mine. The red dun Paint was a Breyer San Domingo model and the grulla...Liked On: 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2014, 04:56 PMHello, my name is Audrey, and i'm new to your forum. I was referred here by Lockwood (thank you!). I began riding English when I was 4 years old, but am no longer riding now due to arthritis and...Liked On: 03-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2014, 04:50 PMLockwood liked post by Allison Finch On thread : Rollkur question (please no hate)I won't use rollkur, as I feel it can be too easily abusive and, I find it counterproductive. It tends to disengage the haunch and creates more problems than it solves. ...Liked On: 03-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Posted On: 03-20-2014, 05:23 PM:) A heifer! So we can make more! L yes! I guess I love redheads also... DH is a redhead LOL! She matches Chevy too! I'll have to take him when we show :). Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 03-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Posted On: 03-18-2014, 05:04 PMWell, here she is! Ozark Mountain Queen! http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/ampnart/securedownload_zps19a1bd31.jpeg...Liked On: 03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Posted On: 03-18-2014, 01:58 PMIt is 1:17 am here and I just spent an hour chasing bloody murder screaming chickens around trying to move them to another coop... With a flashlight in my mouth, in pajamas, alone... Doped up on...Liked On: 03-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Posted On: 03-15-2014, 02:18 AM:(. Woman no cry! Send me a couple chapters for the book. Hang in there. (((HUGS))) Just got out of doctors, actually need antibiotics... :(. He's admitted three people with it to the...Liked On: 03-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Posted On: 03-14-2014, 12:14 PMLockwood liked post by Missy May On thread : Random conversationI am currently handing Fly a tissue, some coldeze, and eucalyptus oil to breath. Poor, poor, fly Tell hubby you are a poor sick woman, and if he were more considerate maybe he would have noticed...Liked On: 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Posted On: 03-13-2014, 09:28 PMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : Random conversationMIssy, you need the kind of hug only Mother Caroline can give. HUUUUUUGs to you. throw a tantrum and see if hubby will see that you need to be babied, too, from time to time.Liked On: 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Posted On: 03-13-2014, 09:13 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.