- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Lockwood liked post by Allison Finch On thread : Ice bucket challenge!!Oh my..... I just got challenged, by a fellow officer, to be doused with ice water for ALS. I have 24 hours to respond or I will have to give money. I think it is only right to do BOTH!! ...Liked On: 08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Posted On: 08-20-2014, 10:08 PMLockwood liked post by Rebelwithacause On thread : TWH or SSH, which do you prefer?Thanks, Lockwood! Those are GREAT examples. The second video on the SSH is exactly how she ( the horse I have been training with) gaits. I think it is so fun. I've been working on the head nod/reign...Liked On: 08-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Posted On: 08-19-2014, 03:10 PMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : Peanut Rolling?did you know this thread is 4 years old?!Liked On: 08-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Posted On: 08-18-2014, 10:59 PMIt's a wonderful thing this forum is established in a country where everyone is allowed to voice their opinion(s):-P Before doing too much of that, when discussing "real vs....Liked On: 08-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Posted On: 08-18-2014, 08:47 AMLockwood liked post by RedHorseRidge On thread : No pasture, what do you feed?We have two easy keepers; one had a bout with laminitis this spring. So they are off the pasture except for two hours per day (and they are muzzled during this time). So they basically get no...Liked On: 08-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Posted On: 08-17-2014, 07:11 PMI have a hunch you are acquainted with what I call the "Original Old Timey Spotted Saddle Horses". They were short, stout, and tough as nails horses. Until two computers ago, I had bookmarked a...Liked On: 08-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Posted On: 08-15-2014, 11:05 PMLockwood liked post by Chasin Ponies On thread : Have you ever bought a saddle on Ebay?Have bought a used Circle Y show saddle and a new Stubbs hunt seat saddle both on EBay. Both came to me better than described and I saved a ton of money on them! Just shop carefully and pay...Liked On: 08-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 11:23 AMLockwood liked post by walkinthewalk On thread : Have you ever bought a saddle on Ebay?Look at the Seller's rating and read ALL of the reviews. Also be sure you know if the saddle can be returned or, it's an "all sales are final, no returns" type of sale. I bought a saddle on...Liked On: 08-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 09:36 AMLockwood liked post by loosie On thread : HEExcuse me, but I just had to re-read all the previous replies(as I know some people can be... terse, or come across 'high & mighty' at times, myself included:oops:), but I didn't see anything at all...Liked On: 08-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 11:15 PMLockwood liked post by Allison Finch On thread : HEOP, there are many ways to get your own training. If you are short on money, talk to a nearby instructor and see if you can work in exchange for lessons. I used to take on a few working students when...Liked On: 08-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 12:13 PMLockwood liked post by Foxhunter On thread : HEI did NOT accuse you of being a bad rider! What I said was that it seems you expect the horse to do it all automatically. This is never going to work even on the most schooled of veteran horses. ...Liked On: 08-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 11:48 AMLockwood liked post by franknbeans On thread : Bald Eagle-amazing sight to see.This is the second time this summer I have seen one at my house….so I am guessing I have a new neighbor. Amazing creatures. Today I actually heard the whoosh of his wings and watched as he...Liked On: 08-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 06:14 PMLockwood liked post by jaydee On thread : Tennessee walker with a "bit" of a problem!Can you please try to not steer this thread off topic to turn it into an argument about soring instead of giving the OP advice on bits.Liked On: 08-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Posted On: 08-12-2014, 11:32 AMLockwood liked post by jaydee On thread : Horse Picture FailsK trying to look cute and appealing for a cookie - seriously she needs to work on that look.Liked On: 08-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2014, 04:15 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.