- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Lockwood liked post by TaMMa89 On thread : English, Swedish, German and Finnish talking about a word 'dog'So, here's a little discussion about a word 'dog' between those nationalities...: English: A dog. Swedish: What? English: The dog. English: Two dogs.Liked On: 07-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Posted On: 07-23-2014, 01:51 PMLockwood liked post by smrobs On thread : Red horse + blue tack = GORGEOUS!You can never go wrong with blue tack on a red horse. Got Rafe's new saddle pad and blanket in the other day and I must say that the color is much better than in the ad picture. Much more vibrant...Liked On: 07-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Posted On: 07-22-2014, 11:55 PMLockwood liked post by Foxtail Ranch On thread : Need a small car....what do you like/drive?Sooo Happy for Miss Daisy! I am not sure that anyone could NOT love a Pruis. It is the most fantastic vehicle I have ever owned. Congrats to Miss Daisy!Liked On: 07-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Posted On: 07-23-2014, 08:34 PMLockwood liked post by loosie On thread : Split and chipped hooves- yes they're white...If they truly are 'covered' in vit/mins dept, then perhaps an omega 3 supp is about all they may need. BUT How do you know they're 'covered' & not deficient/imbalanced/ODed on certain nutrients? Have...Liked On: 07-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Posted On: 07-20-2014, 11:06 PMLockwood liked post by walkinthewalk On thread : Split and chipped hooves- yes they're white...I have three horses with both white hooves and dark hooves; one Arab, two Tennessee Walkers. Ditto diet and trimming method both need re-evaluated. The only hoof crack on any of them is the...Liked On: 07-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Posted On: 07-19-2014, 10:30 PMLockwood liked post by Palomine On thread : Carrot Bandit videos needed.To me...Angel is sort of carrot colored in this shot...and seems to be putting her best muzzle forwards...as it were. Maybe we need a contest?????Liked On: 07-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Posted On: 07-19-2014, 01:43 PMLockwood liked post by Darrin On thread : Ford 150/Chevy 1500One of the things people typically forget about is the trucks tires. You need to look at the sidewall and see what the maximum rating for that tire is, at what pressure and the load range. This is...Liked On: 07-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Posted On: 07-19-2014, 12:21 PMLockwood liked post by New_image On thread : Itching their manes off, pictures, suggestions?No, but it does seem to just be the younger stock. The two horses who had lice were the yearlings/two year olds. And these are the two that are itchy now. I've shaved patches on both of them to...Liked On: 07-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Posted On: 07-19-2014, 10:10 AMLockwood liked post by DraftyAiresMum On thread : Need a small car....what do you like/drive?I liked the Cs. Our Toyota rental department used to rent them out and they were a fun drive. Super easy and quick to clean, too (which is what I was concerned about, since I was the one washing them...Liked On: 07-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Posted On: 07-17-2014, 10:06 PMLockwood liked post by Clava On thread : Talk to me about navicular.Perhaps being retired it is not surprising that your information appears to be rather out of date, you might like to consider doing some research on current thinking as I feel things have certainly...Liked On: 07-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Posted On: 07-17-2014, 01:59 PMLockwood liked post by Northernstar On thread : Need a small car....what do you like/drive?480458 My loyal '98 Subie- tried and true, and sees me through!!! :)Liked On: 07-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Posted On: 07-16-2014, 08:59 PMLockwood liked post by kiltsrhott On thread : Need a small car....what do you like/drive?Congratulations to Miss Daisy on the purchase! That Prius sounds like a fantastic vehicle! In my last post, I complained that my Jeep broke down on me. Well, thankfully, it was just a throttle...Liked On: 07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Posted On: 07-16-2014, 10:33 PMLockwood liked post by RedHorseRidge On thread : Need a small car....what do you like/drive?Agreed! I got 230K miles on my Pontiac 2000 (Sunbird) with the original clutch; 210K with my Pontiac Grand Prix... only traded it in because I needed something AWD. I have an AWD Equinox; I get...Liked On: 07-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Posted On: 07-16-2014, 08:09 PMLockwood liked post by texasgal On thread : Texas Horse Friends 2nd Annual MeetupSo, Mr texasgal looks at me last night and said "New rule..... no more horses." Um... I thought that was the old rule!Liked On: 07-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Posted On: 07-16-2014, 09:37 PMLockwood liked post by skiafoxmorgan On thread : Horse Talk for PennsylvaniansI've been toddler'd out all week so far. My husband's three-year-old is here during the day this week since his day care is closed for vacation. Momma comes and picks him up around three, but by the...Liked On: 07-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Posted On: 07-16-2014, 11:11 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.