- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Lockwood liked post by SueNH On thread : make your own drag for the pasture?Kolpin 48" Light Duty Drag Harrow 86840 by Kolpin Powersports, Inc for $84.97 : Rural King...Liked On: 02-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2015, 02:48 PMLockwood liked post by adarkhorse On thread : Are we there yet?[attach]601722[/attach I've posted a couple of times over the past 2 years, received great advice, and followed it. I've come back now, with photo, for advice on my next steps. After a...Liked On: 02-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Posted On: 02-20-2015, 04:53 PMLockwood liked post by farmpony84 On thread : What have you learned from this winter?When your water trough freezes over and you take a hammer and use it to nail a screwdriver into the ice.... when you pull the screw driver out... you get sprayed in the face by a geiser.Liked On: 02-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Posted On: 02-21-2015, 09:59 PMLockwood liked post by SueC On thread : Healthy and Delicious FoodJD, you can really improve the nutritional profile of pastry by making your own - the kneading programme of a standard breadmaker does a fine job. The idea with pastry is to avoid using refined...Liked On: 02-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 10:44 AMSpring Garden Show in Hartford CT this weekend :rofl:Liked On: 02-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Posted On: 02-18-2015, 10:33 AMLockwood liked post by MyBoyPuck On thread : Big snow storm coming to the East Coast!Don't worry Yogiwick, in 5 months it'll be 100 degrees where she is and we'll be riding around in pleasant 70 degree sunshine. :DLiked On: 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Posted On: 02-14-2015, 09:31 PM21F today - sun's shining and I had to take a top layer of clothing off when I was doing the barn because I was too warm!!! Took this a couple of nights back when DH & DS were tidying up after our...Liked On: 02-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Posted On: 02-11-2015, 01:57 PMLockwood liked post by Cherie On thread : Horse still lame, what to try next?Also, if you are getting rude personal messages, please report them to us. In the lower left hand corner of every post is an exclamation mark (!) in a square box. Hit it and a page comes up that...Liked On: 02-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Posted On: 02-17-2015, 08:46 PMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : Healthy and Delicious Foodwhat a great idea! pureed pumpkin!Liked On: 02-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Posted On: 02-16-2015, 08:14 PMLockwood liked post by Malda On thread : It's all about that rack!Found this in a sales ad for a racking horse. Sung to the tune of "It's All About That Bass". Clever! ♪♫ Because you know I'm all about that RACK, 'Bout that Rack, no trotting I'm all 'bout that...Liked On: 02-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Posted On: 02-15-2015, 11:12 AMLockwood liked post by SueNH On thread : My saddle just saved my lifeI was sitting here by myself and stuffed a handful of sunflower seeds in my mouth with the intention of sucking the salt off them and they went down the wrong way and lodged in my throat. Couldn't...Liked On: 02-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Posted On: 02-12-2015, 07:56 PMLockwood liked post by Yogiwick On thread : Big snow storm coming to the East Coast!What were you thinking??? :shock: :shock: More snow here this weekend over 3 days. At this point it really doesn't make a difference... Will be 4.5+ft in 3 weeks with storms every...Liked On: 02-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Posted On: 02-07-2015, 12:19 AMLockwood liked post by tinyliny On thread : Big snow storm coming to the East Coast!like 55F today, rained something like 4 inches of rain. flooding. gray and dismal. did I say gray? light gray, yellow gray, greenish gray, steel gray, dove gray, ice gray, blue gray ...Liked On: 02-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Posted On: 02-06-2015, 09:57 PMLockwood liked post by phantomhorse13 On thread : Big snow storm coming to the East Coast!I think I ruined my riding by having the audacity to get the horses shod so "real" work could begin. Since doing that, our ground is what Lockwood described (ice, snow, ice layers) and unrideable. ...Liked On: 02-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Posted On: 02-06-2015, 09:07 PMLockwood liked post by Walkamile On thread : Big snow storm coming to the East Coast!Had to take the tractor into the paddocks today and move some snow from the water tank they share. The tank was a good foot and a half down below the snowground level! Let Walka out into the back...Liked On: 02-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Posted On: 02-06-2015, 09:04 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.