- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- Lockwood, Thanks again for taking the time to help me. What you said makes a lot of sense. The donkey is a great idea. Like you said, very inexpensive. I will pursue the ground work. I should be getting my clinician halter this week. Like I said before, he is a really nice horse that I cannot just simply toss away. I will give fixing the situation my "all".
I will keep you updated on mine and his progress. Thanx again!
- Lockwood, Thanks for taking the time to research and reply back. I just can't sell my horse, and I sure do want to ride him again. He's so special to me. I turned him out today in the larger area so he could move around and graze. The wind was blowing and he almost looked like he was dancing to the wind. All around me. I normally am cautious because they are big animals, but he just had that look that he was just happy to be with me. He finally reared and pawed at the air, shook his head, and went to his hay. He is part of me and being with him on the trails is wonderful. So thanks again for your advice and assistance. I am greatful.
- I hate I bothered you and I appreciate you responding to my post. I guess the best thing for me to do is to quit bugging everyone on the forum and find a trainer. I am afraid to remedy anything on my on for fear of causing more damage. Again, thanx for responding.
- I saw your response to a thread, I think "No gaited bit/no gaited saddle", and I noticed you ride a twh with loose rein. I am the one that fessed up to causing my horse to go behind the bit with the long shanked walking horse bit. Please give me some advice on reschooling him to soften his mouth to a less harsh bit. My horse and I are both untrained but, I am willing to go beyond to fix the issues I have caused. This is as good a starting place (issue wise) as any. Thanx Ellen
- Oh what a great boy lol!!! I just adore him!
Sky's feet are less thrushy but man there is a LOT of bar there.. now that I've been comparing feet pictures for the past week. The things I've ordered to 'treat' his feet have come in (Magic cushion, vet wrap, duct tape, cotton roll, brown paper bags, dawn dish soap, etc..) so they're on standby if either my horse or RandysWifey's horse needs it.
Thanks for asking!!
It's heaven being back with Sky though... man that horse has my heart
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- SueC liked post by Lockwood On thread : Frugal living - money saving tipsLike others, I trade and barter with neighboring farms for nearly all our extra meat and can’t tell you last time I bought any from the store beyond some lunch meats or turkey dogs. Only because I‘m...Liked On: 10-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Posted On: 09-17-2014, 11:32 AMWallaby liked post by Lockwood On thread : Gaited and dental work?Metabolism has a lot to do with it.Liked On: 10-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Posted On: 10-02-2014, 10:09 PMChokolate liked post by Lockwood On thread : Suggestions for hardy herbsOregano likes similar conditions as thyme and will get along with thyme very well. It puts out small white flowers (if you let it) and stays green all winter. You could even try different thyme...Liked On: 10-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Posted On: 09-29-2014, 08:00 AMYou need to bribe Santa big time this year! I cannot recommend a gardener’s sized model enough! Here’s how it goes… -Pick carrots. -Scrub carrots with a potato brush. -Shove carrots through...Liked On: 09-30-2014, 04:53 AM
Posted On: 09-26-2014, 05:45 PMUm maybe Fly knows because I dehydrate mine, I would think if you put a lid on it might get too damp. I do remember the sand needs to be a little damp and I think I remember reading that the dampness...Liked On: 09-30-2014, 04:52 AM
Posted On: 09-26-2014, 07:54 AMMinervaELS liked post by Lockwood On thread : Being offered a Senior horse from a friend..what to do??Give her my address... I have an 11 year old who would be happy to love on an older horse. :wink: Seriously though, read up on senior horse care. With some thoughtful planning, many seniors...Liked On: 09-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 04:42 PMMinervaELS liked post by Lockwood On thread : A fun little nasty injury....I have to agree. This really isn't a very stitchable wound with both it's location and degloving. Not much for the vet to be able to work with period. Had a family member's mare that partially...Liked On: 09-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2014, 03:31 PMegrogan liked post by Lockwood On thread : Best way to store carrots without a root cellar?Um maybe Fly knows because I dehydrate mine, I would think if you put a lid on it might get too damp. I do remember the sand needs to be a little damp and I think I remember reading that the dampness...Liked On: 09-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Posted On: 09-26-2014, 07:54 AMJannelleW liked post by Lockwood On thread : What treats do you give your horse?Mine will do back flips for watermelon, cucumbers, grapes, popcorn (plain air popped) fruit snacks (all juice ones) and quaker valley honey granola bars. He will finally nibble apples, but does not...Liked On: 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Posted On: 09-25-2014, 05:44 PMCalamari is squid and needs to be cooked just right to taste good. Or... um, as good as slimy little things can taste anyway. Glad you are feeling better. :)Liked On: 09-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Posted On: 09-24-2014, 09:45 PM^^This. :D It could also be that perhaps you picked up any number of food related pathogens too. I'm not allergic to potatoes, nor am I intolerant, but there have been a few times when eating out...Liked On: 09-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Posted On: 09-24-2014, 10:43 AMWallaby liked post by Lockwood On thread : Seafood allergy or intolerance?^^This. :D It could also be that perhaps you picked up any number of food related pathogens too. I'm not allergic to potatoes, nor am I intolerant, but there have been a few times when eating out...Liked On: 09-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Posted On: 09-24-2014, 10:43 AMRegularJoe liked post by Lockwood On thread : Horse people519890 519898 519906Liked On: 09-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Posted On: 09-22-2014, 12:59 PMHagonNag liked post by Lockwood On thread : Horse peopleI love this place. http://willolovesyou.com/reconnect/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/grouphug.jpegLiked On: 09-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Posted On: 09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.