- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
- ...Wow, the more environmentally friendly horse-keeping is also something we are very interested in, I'd love to exchange more notes! Have you started a thread on that? If yes, can you send me a hyperlink? If not, want to start one?
...and also write for Australia's "Grass Roots" - our most popular self-sufficiency, living-on-the-land, hippy type magazine. I'm currently doing a series on Passive Solar and Bushfire resistant housing. Don't get me started on Australia's so-called environmentally friendly energy star system, they're just building eskies for keeping artificial heating and cooling in...
- Hey KJ, yep, working for the government Agriculture bodies is like that, but I still enjoyed my year there yonks ago, because I was blessed with great colleagues of like minds, and the farmers were also well ahead of the bureaucrats' ideas...
How are you guys removing exotic weeds from forests? I did some Inkweed control for my neighbour in his remnant bush which was getting choked with it, and we unfortunately couldn't get around using glyphosate...we targeted it at the weeds directly of course, with little collateral damage, and got a 95% reduction in two years, but I always want to know how other people do it...
- Hey KJ, I really enjoyed reading your post in the gluten-free thread! I noticed you are also interested in sustainable living and getting away from industrial agriculture. 20 years agoI worked on land capability and rehabilitation for salt-affected catchments, a big issue in Australia due to past wall-to-wall clearing practices. What problems are you working on at present?
- About karliejaye
- Central Oregon, USA
- Soils, Plants, Permaculture, Agrostology, Sustainable Living, "Green Living",
- Soil Conservationist, Certified Conservation Planner
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- karliejaye liked post by Saddlebag On thread : smoking in the barnWhen it comes to barn fires, it's not the bedding that ignites but the dust in the air from hay and bedding materials. It's a flash fire that's why the barns are so quickly engulfed in flames. Glad...Liked On: Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 06:27 PMkarliejaye liked post by NBEventer On thread : smoking in the barnThe drinking, as long as she isn't intoxicated, doesn't bother me. However I would blow up at someone smoking in the barn. I don't care if they own the barn! My horse is in that barn, therefor my...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 04:01 PMkarliejaye liked post by DraftyAiresMum On thread : Corriente saddle owners! Opinions, please!Yes and no. Lol. The entire staff (minus the now-former GM) had a meeting with the owner regarding the GM's erratic behavior, her treatment of employees and guests, and her lying (telling the owner...Liked On: Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 03:01 AMkarliejaye liked post by chinoerika On thread : smoking in the barnHaving been a firefighter I know what can happen when a barn goes up in flames. Trust me you don't want to see the aftermath. I would be out of there before she could pop open her next beer and lite...Liked On: Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:34 AMkarliejaye liked post by Zexious On thread : Oh, you rode a horse once?https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8434468864/h076BF03F/Liked On: 01-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2015, 12:10 PMkarliejaye liked post by sarahfromsc On thread : The Perfect Grooming KitBesides the items mentioned above, I always have bottle opener, a koozie, and cork screw in my box.....lololLiked On: 01-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2015, 10:59 AMkarliejaye liked post by Red Gate Farm On thread : Ad Sale MeaningsReady to go in any direction = and usually, all at once. 15.6 HH = I have no idea how to measure a horse, but this number looked good.Liked On: 01-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Posted On: 01-27-2015, 03:31 PMkarliejaye liked post by EdmontonHorseGal On thread : Ad Sale Meaningseasy keeper = you're one inch away from full blown founder if you give this horse a carrotLiked On: 01-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Posted On: 01-27-2015, 02:18 PMkarliejaye liked post by DuckDodgers On thread : How big would you say plus sized is for riding?160 is nowhere near the max for many tbs. your weight is just fine for plenty of horses, so try to let her comments slide off :) easier said than done, of course. What it comes down to is they're her...Liked On: 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Posted On: 01-27-2015, 02:00 PMkarliejaye liked post by mortalhorse On thread : Hi there, I want to share my art with youhttp://www.horseforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=588529&stc=1&d=1422177749 I am not sure how I can post a picture here.. I hope it worked. If you want to draw you your horses - write...Liked On: 01-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2015, 05:25 AMkarliejaye liked post by Zexious On thread : Breed Guesses-ChiefOut of curiosity (I seriously hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful, as I am honestly just wanting to know) I heard that such tests weren't very accurate?Liked On: 01-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Posted On: 01-27-2015, 12:28 PMkarliejaye liked post by beau159 On thread : Custom Chaps and ChinksI've had several pairs made (rodeo queen) and they've always been around $450 to $500. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Posted On: 01-26-2015, 04:42 PMkarliejaye liked post by Fort fireman On thread : Custom Chaps and ChinksA lot of the price depends on the detail. Most places seem to be right about 325-350 base price. Then depending on tooling, amount of fringe, buckle quality, scalloped edges, twisted fringe , silver...Liked On: 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Posted On: 01-26-2015, 12:25 PMkarliejaye liked post by tinyliny On thread : Custom Chaps and Chinksdepending on the quality of the leather, too. there are some cheap things out there she'd be competing against, things from China or India.Liked On: 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Posted On: 01-26-2015, 02:35 PMkarliejaye liked post by Reiningcatsanddogs On thread : my wish for 2015..Getting over the fearI developed a fear later in my contact with horses. It went back to a scary thing that happened about 10 years ago on the ground with a dominant aggressive mare, though I was lucky and not hurt the...Liked On: 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Posted On: 01-26-2015, 03:19 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.