- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
- ...Wow, the more environmentally friendly horse-keeping is also something we are very interested in, I'd love to exchange more notes! Have you started a thread on that? If yes, can you send me a hyperlink? If not, want to start one?
...and also write for Australia's "Grass Roots" - our most popular self-sufficiency, living-on-the-land, hippy type magazine. I'm currently doing a series on Passive Solar and Bushfire resistant housing. Don't get me started on Australia's so-called environmentally friendly energy star system, they're just building eskies for keeping artificial heating and cooling in...
- Hey KJ, yep, working for the government Agriculture bodies is like that, but I still enjoyed my year there yonks ago, because I was blessed with great colleagues of like minds, and the farmers were also well ahead of the bureaucrats' ideas...
How are you guys removing exotic weeds from forests? I did some Inkweed control for my neighbour in his remnant bush which was getting choked with it, and we unfortunately couldn't get around using glyphosate...we targeted it at the weeds directly of course, with little collateral damage, and got a 95% reduction in two years, but I always want to know how other people do it...
- Hey KJ, I really enjoyed reading your post in the gluten-free thread! I noticed you are also interested in sustainable living and getting away from industrial agriculture. 20 years agoI worked on land capability and rehabilitation for salt-affected catchments, a big issue in Australia due to past wall-to-wall clearing practices. What problems are you working on at present?
- About karliejaye
- Central Oregon, USA
- Soils, Plants, Permaculture, Agrostology, Sustainable Living, "Green Living",
- Soil Conservationist, Certified Conservation Planner
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- karliejaye liked post by OoLaurenoO On thread : HelpSince I am impatiently waiting for Colly to release her hostage I figured a couple more pictures wouldn't hurt! Lou Lou is absolutely coming ahead in leaps and bounds and Xena is FINALLY naked!!!...Liked On: Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 03:09 AMkarliejaye liked post by danicelia24 On thread : Colly's Foaling ThreadMy mom thinks she will have it on April 4th when there is suppose to be a blood moon. For my sake I hope she has it soon.Liked On: Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 10:04 AMkarliejaye liked post by NorthernHorse On thread : Colly's Foaling ThreadYou know whats gonna happen don't you. Shes gonna act like she has to have this hostage on April fools day, but gonna wait till april 2nd :DLiked On: Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Posted On: 03-25-2015, 11:33 PMkarliejaye liked post by SarahStorms On thread : Grow Topline, GROW.Thanks yall! I often have to remind myself that she has come SO far in just 6 months and that gaining muscle and topline is a slow process. When I got her she was skinny,zero muscle, had uclers...Liked On: 03-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Posted On: 03-25-2015, 07:10 AMI run lattice up around my booths, hanging is easy and they are cheap. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 03-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2015, 05:10 PMkarliejaye liked post by Saddlebag On thread : Tack IdentificationThe bottom one, leather with two rings, is correctly called a running martingale. it goes around the girth and the reins are passed thro the rings. The ring length is adjusted so that when the...Liked On: 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2015, 02:14 PMkarliejaye liked post by SarahStorms On thread : Tack IdentificationI think the middle leather could be a daisy rein. ...Liked On: 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2015, 02:04 PMkarliejaye liked post by tinyliny On thread : Art/Craft Shows and FairsI have done a few, long ago. (I made jewelry as a kid) I hope you will be using a different cloth for the summer shows. forgive me for being blunt (I usually am) but consider the color of the...Liked On: 03-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2015, 12:45 PMYour pottery looks lovely! I hope you guys do well! We've put events on for over 30 years... The most successful booths have always been the "different" ones. One of my favorites is a small...Liked On: 03-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Posted On: 03-24-2015, 01:20 PMkarliejaye liked post by Patty Stiller On thread : how to keep a good farrierI ran across this today. It is definitely worth a read, especially for all the newby horse owners. Sorry, I'm Not Sorry: Build a relationship with your farrier......Liked On: 03-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Posted On: 03-24-2015, 09:51 AMkarliejaye liked post by EponaLynn On thread : Colly's Foaling ThreadMaybe that running will shake the little booger out :-)!Liked On: 03-24-2015, 10:39 AM
Posted On: 03-23-2015, 06:39 PMkarliejaye liked post by Overread On thread : Outside at the eventingFinally made it outside for some pictures - and of course the glorious British weather was totally overcast. Actually I liked that - far preferable over trying to deal with shadows and metal and...Liked On: 03-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Posted On: 03-20-2015, 07:52 PMMelanesian and Asian Origins of Polynesians: mtDNA and Y Chromosome Gradients Across the Pacific (http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/23/11/2234.full) I think even they have links to the...Liked On: 03-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 03-23-2015, 01:00 PMIt is generally known that people who were to become the Native American Indian races crossed the Bering Straits when it was an ice mass to come from Russia or Siberia into North America - at about...Liked On: 03-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 03-23-2015, 12:23 PMkarliejaye liked post by Allison Finch On thread : North Americans weren't the first peopleInteresting that it seems that remains have been found proving humans were here more than 50,000 years, not the 20,000 previously thought. That means they were here BEFORE the last ice age.....so no...Liked On: 03-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 03-23-2015, 01:43 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.