- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
- ...Wow, the more environmentally friendly horse-keeping is also something we are very interested in, I'd love to exchange more notes! Have you started a thread on that? If yes, can you send me a hyperlink? If not, want to start one?
...and also write for Australia's "Grass Roots" - our most popular self-sufficiency, living-on-the-land, hippy type magazine. I'm currently doing a series on Passive Solar and Bushfire resistant housing. Don't get me started on Australia's so-called environmentally friendly energy star system, they're just building eskies for keeping artificial heating and cooling in...
- Hey KJ, yep, working for the government Agriculture bodies is like that, but I still enjoyed my year there yonks ago, because I was blessed with great colleagues of like minds, and the farmers were also well ahead of the bureaucrats' ideas...
How are you guys removing exotic weeds from forests? I did some Inkweed control for my neighbour in his remnant bush which was getting choked with it, and we unfortunately couldn't get around using glyphosate...we targeted it at the weeds directly of course, with little collateral damage, and got a 95% reduction in two years, but I always want to know how other people do it...
- Hey KJ, I really enjoyed reading your post in the gluten-free thread! I noticed you are also interested in sustainable living and getting away from industrial agriculture. 20 years agoI worked on land capability and rehabilitation for salt-affected catchments, a big issue in Australia due to past wall-to-wall clearing practices. What problems are you working on at present?
- About karliejaye
- Central Oregon, USA
- Soils, Plants, Permaculture, Agrostology, Sustainable Living, "Green Living",
- Soil Conservationist, Certified Conservation Planner
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- karliejaye liked post by ecasey On thread : I can finally ride without stirrups and without holding on! Hallelujah!It might be my new saddle and chaps (they sure do help me stick to the horse like never before) or just the 1,000 miles I've put on the horse holding onto my oh-**** handle, but whatever did it, I...Liked On: Today, 06:01 PM
Posted On: Today, 05:53 PMkarliejaye liked post by celestejasper13 On thread : Concerns for those feeding DEI'd just like to answer why it doesn't work when wet: From my own research (I can quote scientific articles) DE is an effective pest control when dry NOT because it has sharp edges which make the...Liked On: Today, 03:12 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:21 PMLet me reiterate, just so it's clear. It is not a patentable item so no money to do independent double blind scientific studies... which is what most companies would do when trying to prove or...Liked On: Today, 02:11 PM
Posted On: Today, 02:02 PMScanning Electron Microscope Gallery - Woodbury, Minnesota (http://www.aveka.com/scanning-electron-microscope-gallery.html) pictures under a microscope of DE just for the heck of it, because...Liked On: Today, 01:33 PM
Posted On: Today, 01:30 PMkarliejaye liked post by PaintEqualBlueRibbons On thread : the story of me and spanky (will make you laugh)Here is a pic of himLiked On: Today, 01:05 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 12:51 AMkarliejaye liked post by PaintEqualBlueRibbons On thread : the story of me and spanky (will make you laugh)Spanky is a mini donkey stud I got him when he was 2-3 years old and I was about 6 and I thought I could ride him (he is not broke to ride) so I hopped on and he wouldn't go so I gave him a smack...Liked On: Today, 12:47 PM
Posted On: 05-26-2015, 12:53 PMkarliejaye liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Get true results with the Clinton Anderson methodAs a trainer I can say that I 'killed' two horses in my time. One was a pony that had something seriously wrong with it. One minute as sweet as could be, the next a killer. It dropped its rider...Liked On: Today, 12:30 PM
Posted On: Today, 03:34 AMkarliejaye liked post by SueNH On thread : What is This?http://www.happybeeherbs.com/store/img/cms/alfalfa_photo05.jpg It should look familiar to a lot of you.Liked On: Today, 11:50 AM
Posted On: Today, 11:26 AMkarliejaye liked post by Saddlebag On thread : Frugal living - money saving tipshttp://www.horseforum.com/members/20793/album/my-album-3755/001-800x448-106290t.jpg (http://www.horseforum.com/members/20793/album/my-album-3755/001-800x448-106290/) That's the 5' upper. Also a 3'...Liked On: Today, 11:41 AM
Posted On: Today, 11:39 AMkarliejaye liked post by PaintHorseMares On thread : Sunscreen? noses?Be aware that besides the strong sun, there are a number of plants/weeds that grow in pastures that can cause hypersensitivity to the sun causing them to burn much more easily in the mouth and nose...Liked On: Today, 10:34 AM
Posted On: Today, 05:03 AMkarliejaye liked post by Malice On thread : Dangerous Mare In Heat?!Why don't you just marble her? If health issue are ruled out and you don't want to breed her marbling is pretty well your best bet.Liked On: Today, 10:33 AM
Posted On: Yesterday, 11:34 PMkarliejaye liked post by LifeInTheIrons On thread : First show?!? Know Nothing!And remember, if you don't get you or horse 100% ready before the show, that's OKAY. You just gotta go with it! In a way, you can never really be 100% ready for a show (I've been showing for years...Liked On: Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 05:32 PMkarliejaye liked post by Customcanines On thread : First show?!? Know Nothing!As others have said, the main thing is to have fun!! Don't EXPECT to place, as it is your first show, and you're there to learn the ropes for the future. If Midnight tries her best,, that is all...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 04:40 PMI have read the debates, and the praises for DE. I got curious and went searching myself. No official studies have been done on DE for ingesting it. well aside from one study in 1998 on...Liked On: Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Posted On: Yesterday, 03:12 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.