- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
- ...Wow, the more environmentally friendly horse-keeping is also something we are very interested in, I'd love to exchange more notes! Have you started a thread on that? If yes, can you send me a hyperlink? If not, want to start one?
...and also write for Australia's "Grass Roots" - our most popular self-sufficiency, living-on-the-land, hippy type magazine. I'm currently doing a series on Passive Solar and Bushfire resistant housing. Don't get me started on Australia's so-called environmentally friendly energy star system, they're just building eskies for keeping artificial heating and cooling in...
- Hey KJ, yep, working for the government Agriculture bodies is like that, but I still enjoyed my year there yonks ago, because I was blessed with great colleagues of like minds, and the farmers were also well ahead of the bureaucrats' ideas...
How are you guys removing exotic weeds from forests? I did some Inkweed control for my neighbour in his remnant bush which was getting choked with it, and we unfortunately couldn't get around using glyphosate...we targeted it at the weeds directly of course, with little collateral damage, and got a 95% reduction in two years, but I always want to know how other people do it...
- Hey KJ, I really enjoyed reading your post in the gluten-free thread! I noticed you are also interested in sustainable living and getting away from industrial agriculture. 20 years agoI worked on land capability and rehabilitation for salt-affected catchments, a big issue in Australia due to past wall-to-wall clearing practices. What problems are you working on at present?
- About karliejaye
- Central Oregon, USA
- Soils, Plants, Permaculture, Agrostology, Sustainable Living, "Green Living",
- Soil Conservationist, Certified Conservation Planner
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- karliejaye liked post by egrogan On thread : Giving Treats: The Good, The Bad, The UglyThis made me think of something I was taught when I was a beginner. I guess I've always been around people who don't mind hand feeding, but I was told that the horse should always have to move its...Liked On: 04-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Posted On: 04-20-2015, 10:29 AMkarliejaye liked post by waresbear On thread : Giving Treats: The Good, The Bad, The UglySmilie, I have trained, shown and generally been around horses for over 50 years, what it all comes down to? Enjoy your horse, meaning if you want to give the animal a treat because it makes you feel...Liked On: 04-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Posted On: 04-20-2015, 12:58 AMkarliejaye liked post by jaydee On thread : Herbs?Handy hint - Never plant mint directly into the garden - grow it in a pot or tub as it is terribly invasive and before you know it will have taken over It is one of the easier ones to grow and will...Liked On: 04-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Posted On: 04-17-2015, 12:31 PMkarliejaye liked post by Saranda On thread : Ribbon "cutting" ideasA strong rope (so that they can't pull it apart and eat it) with apples like beads on it. :)Liked On: 04-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 06:03 PMkarliejaye liked post by ozarkmama On thread : Need help with choosing a registered namelove Hez Notta Meatball!!Liked On: 04-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 05:10 PMkarliejaye liked post by TimberRidgeRanch On thread : Need help with choosing a registered nameOkay how about something like CK Gun Smuggler or CK Gun Runner? Hez Notta Meatball ?Liked On: 04-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 05:08 PMkarliejaye liked post by david in md On thread : Need help with choosing a registered nameNo help from me but I think grey meatball is too funny to change. It's something people will remember. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 04-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 03:15 PMkarliejaye liked post by Reiningcatsanddogs On thread : Herbs?Herbs, if you believe that they can help with health issues, MUST be treated just like you would medication. A little goes a long way, too much can become toxic and can kill your animal. Herbs get...Liked On: 04-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 12:47 PMkarliejaye liked post by livelovelaughride On thread : Funny Hairball/WhorlMy friend's QH has an interesting whorl on her barrel. Took a pic for a giggle. If it had been Easter, we could've put a jelly bean in it!Liked On: 04-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 10:46 AMkarliejaye liked post by Mulefeather On thread : Ribbon "cutting" ideasHey, any excuse for a party! I'd definitely stay away from processed treats meant for people. Maybe instead of a ribbon cutting, do a "Paddock Warming" party? Get a watermelon or something fun and...Liked On: 04-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 11:57 AMkarliejaye liked post by ChitChatChet On thread : How did you move out while owning horses?Depends on the area of course, but sometimes you can find a caretaker type position where room and board are free or dirt cheap in exchange for keeping an eye on things, keeping lawns mowed and that...Liked On: 04-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Posted On: 04-16-2015, 10:03 AMkarliejaye liked post by ctec377 On thread : Goofy Appy goes nutsMy goofy horse... he was beside himself that my husband's mare was out of the pasture this morning and he was not. It's not that he is extremely bonded to the mare, he's just worried that she's...Liked On: 04-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Posted On: 04-15-2015, 12:20 PMkarliejaye liked post by Cat by the Sea On thread : LOL- name generator namesI want the one named Astonishing Frog. His barn name would be Toni and we'd ride all the rockiest trails together.... because a horse with a name like that oughta have pretty nice hooves!Liked On: 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Posted On: 04-14-2015, 02:08 PMkarliejaye liked post by EdmontonHorseGal On thread : Hoof.... Decay?that is the periople, and can get kinda flaky and crumbly when it gets wet (the bath your horse just had). it's the same as your cuticle on your nail. don't worry about it, it's normal.Liked On: 04-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Posted On: 04-07-2015, 06:53 PMkarliejaye liked post by Cynical25 On thread : Riding in pasture?Assuming the other horses respect humans (and I have no qualms raising my voice & waving my arms if someone else's horse gets up in MY space,) I'm fine with riding in a pasture. Sometimes my busy...Liked On: 04-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Posted On: 04-10-2015, 10:12 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.