Conversation Between happy123 and OuttatheBlue
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 64
- 600? For a bit? Was it made out of gold? Lol. What kind of bit was it?
Yes I'm really exited for tomorrow when I get it on Wonder.
I asked if the price was misprinted and the guy looked at me like I was crazy xD so I guess that's why.
Congrats on your college. Have you decided if you are going to do chiro or be a vet?
- That's how I got my first headstall! I still have it too, good leather lasts forever. $50 is normal for a good quality bit. There's nothing wrong with buying the $10 bits too (that's what I buy for my 'bulk' collection) I bought a very nice myler bit for $80 that I LOVE, but I've also borrowed a friends NICE NICE NICE bit once that was $600. So, for a nice brand name bit (yes bits can have brand names too, it's crazy) $50 isn't outrageous
- I just got my headstall from the local feed store. It's pretty plain but it's nice leather and it matches the leather on the end of my reins. I also bought a loose ring snaffle. It was 5 dollars. They had another one there (Not much of a selection at this place). It was really nice and it had a copper roller in the middle. The price said $50. Is that insane or normal? I was not very sure so I just went with the regular snaffle. I'll be adding to my bits soon hopefully :)
- Thanks! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 2nd one, it's so pretty :)
I also have a saddle. My grandma's friend sold her horse a while back but has not gotten rid of the saddle. She said that I could borrow it for as long as I want o.O
It's a really nice saddle it just needs some cleaning and conditioning... and possibly a new latigo (am I spelling that right?) because the one on there now looks a little suspicious...
- They are cute! The leather doesn't look cheap, but I'd try to find a review first before buying online. I've never heard of Mad Cow before, but that's not always a bad thing, especially at that price you would think they'd be really nice quality! Love the either of the bridles :)
- What do you think of this bridle?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O2Q6D2/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_at_ws_us?ie=UTF8I really like it but it's not cheap so i'd like an opinion.... I don't really need the reins but they look nice. I might buy this one:
I'd just like an extra opinion
- That's great! Glad he's doing okay.
I have to gush about tonight because it was awesome! There is a huge tack room and pens for the horses. The area is HUGE and awesome. There were like 15 girl there and they were all my age and really nice. Wonder is so cute! He is really chunky and has a little bit of feathers on his hocks and the cutest face. He is really laid back but does have some go (thanks to my split rope reins with the piece of leather on the end ;)
We all did the barrel pattern a couple times, they even set up the timers. We were getting up to a hand gallop and I rode for at least 3 hours.... both of which I have not done in a LONG time. It was great and I can't wait to go again D