- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 49
- Did you go see the thoroughbred?
Yeah, when people wear clothes just to fit in or because everyone else is it's like no... what are you doing. Especially riding clothes, that just really gets at me, haha. Seeing people wearing paddock boots as combat boots makes me literally disgusted xD YOUVE NEVER EVEN TOUCHED A HORSE! Or breeches for legging.... Your doing it all wrong people, and making yourself look ******ed to all the horsey people out there.. -.-
I don't think English riding is gay at all... I guess the clothes make people have those negative opinions? The tight pants, tall boots and crop? But then again other sport uniforms have tight legging like pants, like football or baseball for example and that's considered manly? Maybe people think horses are only for women... Who knows. People irritate me 99.9% of the time in life, for the record :p I say men should rock their sexy ass riding clothes :p
- Yup, its insane how many people think that riding is easy. And its really irritating. Ive tried to explain how un easy it is and their just like "whut... are you talking about... Ive rode a Shetland pony at a fair once, it was easy."
Basically everyone here just dresses country, and its funny and awkward to see boys who you know are country try to dress like a city slicker, it looks so out of place.
Yes, English is generally avoided by guys for fear of looking "gay" or "unmanly" Its really, really dumb. Its no gayer than riding Western (Western isnt gay either, haha) and people who think as such are close minded...
So did you go check out those horses???
- My brother always gives me hassle about how easy riding is. And yes, it is easy, if you just "sit on their back and they do all the work", BUT if you want to ride effectively its very far from easy. It really, REALLY irritates me when people who have went on 2 rides in their entire life tell me how you just sit their doing nothing. Just shut up before I slap you.
Oh my god, or when I see people in town with the fake cowboy boots that havent stepped in a pile of manure in their whole fancy pointy toed life, or the fake tight butted pants and designer flannel cowbow shirt. Just stop it please, you look like a idiot.
Hah, all the boys around here dont like me because of my horseyness. Im pretty screwed. The cowboys dont like me because I ride English, and the city boys dont like me because I like horses...fun times
No I havent! Is it good??
- Yup, Ive always been a total horse obsessioner(not a word?) and read all the books I could get my hands on. Although their is nothing like really being around the horses, you can learn extreme amounts from books. I still like reading horse books on health and riding... Their is never ending knowledge.
- How old is this horse? Was he green broke when she got him? <Bad idea, common happening. I think everyone non horsey that I talk to about horses always say "Oh, I want to get a baby so it can grow up with me" Or I want to get a unbroke horse so we can learn together" etc. Its like REALLY? Horses are allot more than you think
- When people aimlessly canter/trot their horses around to "wear off the energy" it really never makes sense to me. I would imagine your actually building more stamina, so every time it takes longer and longer to wear the horse off... You know? I think one of the hardest training things for me is hard mouthed horses -.- It really does allot more damage than riders would think when they have a strong bit with strong hands. Is the girl working with a trainer? Or just on her own?
God, Arkansas is just the worst. So many bugs, deer, roadkill, heat, hillbillies and horribleness. I really cant wait to get out of here Ive never been to Washington! And thats cool your familys from here! They are wise people for leaving this state Does it rain allot in Washington?
- Burn notice, oh my god. We dont have cable, and this summer I went to California to stay with my uncle for a while, and I watched a few episodes of Burn Notice and commented to him how much I didnt like it, well he thought that was hilarious, and I was up their just in time for the Burn Notice finale - oh my god, it was DAYS of Burn Notice, all in a row, and he kept the TV running 24/7 on Burn Notice. Whenever Id change it he'd go over their and change it back to Burn Notice. Every single time I looked at that TV it was more Burn Notice... It was so jacked up I watched probably 50 episodes of Burn Notice in a day, hahahaha.
- I think my current TV obsession is Breaking Bad... <3 Gawd it amazing.
Yeah, getting a level headed fast barrel horse sounds like allot of work My friends barrel horse is pretty good with the barrels, and on trails is quite mannered and calm, but if your trying to work him in a arena, not doing barrels, you can forget about it.
Yup, when its in the 100s here you cant really do anything with the horses either. Its REALLY humid too, so the heat index is always sky high (its reached about 118 before ) Stupid Arkansas. I want to move from here simply so I can ride all year round
- Pt 2
Oh my god, yesh. "They "ride" horses but they don't have horsemanship" <<< Amen to that. Allot of riders here are like that. They can ride, but thats it. Horses are allot more than just riding.
No shame in using a mounting block. My trainer made me use one... For the same reason you use one. I personally dont use one on my shorties, but have nothing against them...
Its finally cooling off here... It was in the 100s almost every day last week, and it was only like 89 yesterday! So beautiful. This weather makes me want to go riding more than ever.
- Pt 1
I was Riding Rusty bareback on the road when he spooked and slipped... We fell down together and he landed on on his left side, crushing my leg... I have a leg of steel too now, literally they had to put a rod in their to put it back together. And The Office is gut bustingly hilarious. Ive seen it on and off before
Do you have a drivers license? Oh wow, being a excersise rider would be tons of fun. Will it be for a barn or individual people?
What are you training the barrel horse for? A Western pleasure, or trail rider or English or..?
- About Horse racer
- A Christian country boy who loves horses and riding, English and western!
- Washington State
- Horses, guns, hunting
- Current Status
- looking for that right horse to buy....
- Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky. And live like you ain't afraid to die. Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris LeDoux
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Horse racer liked post by Vescuso On thread : Favorite Horse Breed?Arabian!!!Liked On: 10-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Posted On: 10-10-2013, 05:22 PMHorse racer liked post by Viranh On thread : Buying an older horseLet us know how it goes! And who knows, maybe you and the Arab click? He looked in good condition for his age. I'm thinking the TB sounds more like what you want, though. Good luck!Liked On: 09-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Posted On: 09-09-2013, 08:21 PMHorse racer liked post by autumnheart On thread : Buying an older horseEveryone else seems much more knowledgeable here, and they have given some great advice. I just am here to wish you luck on your search! I know how frustrating it can be!Liked On: 09-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Posted On: 09-09-2013, 08:27 PMHorse racer liked post by SlideStop On thread : Buying an older horseThe second one seems fishy... Selling because of a broken rib? Any broken bone is painful, but a rib isn't all that dramatic that you need to start selling the farm.off! I wonder if HE broke her rib....Liked On: 09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Posted On: 09-08-2013, 08:47 AMHorse racer liked post by COWCHICK77 On thread : Bummer, but kinda gladIt is a bummer, but be glad that you had some experienced people to help you and didn't end up buying a horse that you would not be able to ride to your expectations. Good luck with your search!Liked On: 08-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Posted On: 08-31-2013, 11:02 PMHorse racer liked post by bitinsane On thread : Post a Picture of Yourself! :)LOL this picture kinda leaves some room for imagination hahaha :lol:Liked On: 08-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Posted On: 08-27-2013, 01:08 AMHorse racer liked post by ilovepets On thread : Oh, you rode a horse once?"horseback ridings isnt a sport? tell my more about how football is in the olympics!"Liked On: 08-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Posted On: 08-20-2013, 10:12 AMHorse racer liked post by AlexS On thread : Do horses NEED to be pastured???If I were you, I wouldn't be thrilled with the option, but I prefer my horse to be out on pasture. However a great many people in parts of the country just don't have access to space like that. As...Liked On: 08-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Posted On: 08-21-2013, 12:10 AMHorse racer liked post by NaeNae87 On thread : mounting from groundI can mount from the ground if I have to, I prefer to use a mounting block to avoid putting unneccesary stress on my horses back (ie; saddle rotating pressure on the spinus proceeses etc)Liked On: 08-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Posted On: 08-14-2013, 12:52 AMHorse racer liked post by BarrelBunny On thread : Horse Talk for Teens!Haha, have you seen pictures of me riding english?! :rofl: I'm pretty sure you can't get any more hillbilly than me! Since I'm not on my own computer, I don't have any pictures, but here's a...Liked On: 07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Posted On: 07-12-2013, 01:09 PMHorse racer liked post by Almond Joy On thread : Horse Talk for Teens!Make sure to get some pictures of you riding english, I would really like to see it!Liked On: 07-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Posted On: 07-11-2013, 11:15 PMHorse racer liked post by freia On thread : Horse riding is cruelty??? What...The horses I ride love being ridden. They seem to feel like they're important, that they have a purpose - a job. They get excited and eager when they see me bring the saddle. They nicker and whinny...Liked On: 07-12-2013, 02:40 AM
Posted On: 07-12-2013, 12:49 AMHorse racer liked post by Gossip On thread : Horse Talk for Teens!Wow, Horse racer, first you go on an awesome trail and then you get to try something new like jumping? I ride English and I think it's super fun. I like the saddles more than I like western saddles....Liked On: 07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Posted On: 07-11-2013, 08:36 AMHorse racer liked post by Katiepie123 On thread : Horse Talk for Teens!Haha oh and try to aviod whiplash, it's NOT fun :) Good luck!!Liked On: 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Posted On: 07-08-2013, 06:51 AMHorse racer liked post by ICUWest7 On thread : Horse Talk for Teens!yay!! I love when people get into english riding! (: You're going to LOVE jumping, just remember to squeeze tight with your calves, moreso than you would any other time to give yourself a stable...Liked On: 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Posted On: 07-07-2013, 09:53 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.