- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 67
- I am having fun! I like my job a lot. I have great people to work with and a GREAT boss. I start training for carhop tonight now that I have the switchboard down pretty good. Yay tips.
Woah you had you hands full there! My horse used to kind of freak with dirtbikes, but now that two guys are constantly racing up and down the road on them almost every day, she's gotten used to it. lol
I'm getting to go to the barn so much more now! Lovin' it.
Anything new with you? Do you ever go to any summer camps?
- You're welcome! :) Pushy horses aren't fun, lol. But respect can be pretty easy to teach...sometimes, at least.I just had an experience with a pushy horse.-_-She's young and starting training so she still tries to get away with pushing you around.I was feeding her and putting on her blanket,and waiting to do the straps that go under her belly because she was against the wall where she's supposed to be when she's eating.I didn't want to mess up that training, so I was waiting...and then she got scared and jumped against the stall door.Took the hair off a patch of her neck and broke a part of the door.Then she was prancing around the stall like a lunatic.I think it might have been a dirtbike though.My cousin biked up on it a few seconds later and then Lexi was really going up the wall..lol.And of course the dangling straps didn't help much. It took her a long time to calm down.XDBut she's fine,and the door was okay enough to prevent her flying out to the pasture with her blanket half on.
- Yay, congratulations! I hope you have fun at your job! =D
Yeah, it's a lot...but the list of things we checked for was a lot longer! Could have been worse I guess..could have been flies, or grass, or anything...things that we couldn't have taken away as easily as feed. We're transitioning her over to beet pulp now. She doesn't like it, but she eats it. Hopefully it'll help her cough!
Yeah...Destiny would look awful if I let her go that long! She's an Arab, and her hooves grow fast, so even after just 2 months they look awful. I've never had a problem with her hooves, but we trim them often enough. And even she has good hooves. We don't shoe her, and she's fine to go on the roads and everything.
- Aww that stinks! That's a lot of things to be allergic too. My horse would think she was dying. lol
Yes, they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be... considering. If Brandy went that long without a trim her feet would be a big mess... Probably after two or so trims with this guy he'll be fine. :) Still shocks me that someone would wait that long!
And thanks! I'm glad you like him. He's a pushy boy but we will get there, just like I did with Brandy. :)
- I just looked at the topic again. Seeing those hoof pictures, his front hooves actually look pretty good to me. I mean, yes, they do need a trim, but they don't look worse than Destiny's hooves looked when she went a little longer than usual without a trim. But the back hooves...ick! I'm sure they'll be fine after he gets a trim, but they look awful! lol. I love him though. He's so cute! He reminds me of this half-draft colt I used to know, except older. :)
- We have to change Destiny's feed because we found out that she's allergic to oats, soy beans, and wheat. And just a little tiny bit allergic to corn and carrots. So we have to put her on beet pulp. Poor girl, she isn't gonna like that! But she's been coughing so much lately. So it's necessary.
- Awesome! Good luck! I hope you get the job. :)
Yeah, I will. :) I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out!
Awww, that's so cute! I wish I could have ridden when I was young like that. lol. My little cousin (she's 2) is scared of Destiny. XD But her brother (he's 4) will get on her back sometimes. He likes riding, but it's not like he wants to do it all the time. :P It doesn't help that we have no dependable horses. I can lead him around on Destiny, but there's always that off chance she's going to do something silly, so I have to watch her carefully. Did you ever see the video on youtube of this little 2 year old girl loping her horse all by herself? It's amazing! It's here if you want to see it:
- I might am getting a job! I'm both nervous and excited. Right now I'm headed for Sonic. I've taken all the online tests I need to take and everything. The only thing I need to do is this weekend I'm gonna set up an appointment to have an interview with the manager. :)))
Thanks! If you want you can keep checking up on that thread for progress, cuz that's where I'm gonna post it. :) I have close up pics of his hooves now, and other pictures, too.
I have been taking my favorite little girl that I babysit out for rides, lately! You can see her in my avatar. She LOVES riding. She is always asking now if she can go ride the horsies. She is more thrilled to ride than anyone I've ever seen. Today and the day before yesterday I had her riding in front of me, and today I also put her up in a tiny saddle on a really dependable horse. My mom and I sidewalked, and my little sister lead the horse. She will say "Whoa", and "Walk on" and everything. SO ADORABLE!
Okay. I'll stop now. lol
- Cool! :)
Yeah, I think it would be such a great experience! I'd learn more about horses, genetics, and what to look out for. And of course how to train a horse from its birth! The only thing is the cost...it doesn't look cheap! So many vet bills. XD
Wow, that's amazing! Very exciting! He looks like a beautiful horse too! I saw the pictures. His hooves do look bad, but if he's sound, that should be easy to fix, at least. Actually, they didn't even look all that bad to me (of course they're bad, but I'd be expecting worse with the length of time that's passed since his last trim!), but I can't see them that well without a closer picture, so I can't really tell. :P But wow, that's so exciting! Good luck with him! I would love to take in a horse like that someday.
- About AswadAmeera
- Teenager, been riding for 7 years, loved horses ever since I can remember.
- riding horses, anything else to do with horses, photography, driving four wheelers
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|