Norma M Sutton
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
- I knew when I got Emma that it would probably be Sept before I could ride her much because of the hoof issue. Now she is nearly back to normal. I think one more trim should do it so I'm riding more. I had ordered a bosal and it came today. I'm happy about that. I think she was trained to go on a bosal. She does pretty well with the sidepull halter and hated a bridle so tomorrow we give it a test run :)
- My bed is fenced (from the pups). =) I plan to add more next year! Welcome to the "Over 40 Lounge"! I comment in there some, but haven't much since school started. Last time I was in there much I wasn't riding because of health stuff. So happy to be riding again this beautiful September!!!
- Haha! I have a tiny 4' x 8' box this year. Got some squash, some tomatoes, some basil, ripped that out and planted some beans a few weeks ago. Hoping they produce before frost! Oh, and I had some strawberries in an old kettle! My sister grew 100's of gourds and paints them to sell. I want to do that on my fence next year. We need to start growing something horses can eat! Hee!!
- About Norma M Sutton
- Late 40's with my first personal horse in about 20 years and loving it.
- The NC Foothills
- spinning, weaving, knitting, writing and RIDING :)
- Current Status
- Recapturing my youth, one ride at a time :P
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Norma M Sutton liked post by PaintMare On thread : Is my rescue related to secretariat?I got some pictures of her.Liked On: 10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Posted On: 02-26-2012, 06:58 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Equilove On thread : My mud-colored mutt!Actually, the people I got him from are the ones who got him mostly back to life. They bought him in May in that condition and I bought him 2 weeks ago with a little bit more weight to gain, but not...Liked On: 10-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Posted On: 10-14-2012, 08:49 AMNorma M Sutton liked post by mayfieldk On thread : Critique this Appaloosa Colt =)Now the internet has eaten my post TWICE. So, long story short because I am NOT typing it out a third time--it will affect his performance. Too much weight is on the front end, and it is too low...Liked On: 10-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Posted On: 01-05-2010, 03:16 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Drifting On thread : Appaloosa ColtI am hoping he comes out looking very similiar to his first picture! Though it will be lighter with the blue roan. And his partial blue eye! and more spots! I've been fighting the temptation to...Liked On: 10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Posted On: 05-29-2012, 03:36 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Darrin On thread : clacking hoovesMost walkers I've seen (not all) who forge are ex show horses and forge when when going slow. On even ground you can simply kick them up a bit and it should stop. Going up/down hill says to me she...Liked On: 10-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Posted On: 10-13-2012, 10:48 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by corgi On thread : Horse talk for mature people over 40For some reason, I can only upload one pic at a time...and I still can't get the videos to load. I will keep trying. Here were are, waiting for the next class.Liked On: 10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Posted On: 10-13-2012, 08:57 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by CowboysDream On thread : Exercises for bare back comfort?Lol well by the sounds of it more bareback riding! If you do it enough your slabs o' meat aka thighs will eventually become used to it and be more toned :P Off horse... I would say: - Squeeze...Liked On: 10-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Posted On: 10-05-2012, 01:26 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Cacowgirl On thread : Kind of took a gamble here, what do y'all think?looks like a very nice saddle to me-I think you got a screaming deal!Liked On: 10-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Posted On: 10-04-2012, 09:30 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Spotted On thread : difficulty steering please helpmaybe the horse is trained to neck rein. you would need to ask the owner.Liked On: 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Posted On: 09-20-2012, 03:42 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by themacpack On thread : nappingI knew float, had never heard naps -- I was like, well, cue the darn horse to move!Liked On: 10-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Posted On: 10-03-2012, 02:44 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by AnrewPL On thread : I've lost my confidence.. How can I get it back?Others are telling you about what you can do for your horse, or about how to ride her or that you should fix this or that; so I’ll leave that to them. I will say that after you come off it can...Liked On: 10-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Posted On: 10-04-2012, 08:31 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : Mecate help?How to Tie a Mecate Rein - YouTube Here's a video of how to tie the mecate to the bosal, make the length mecate rein you want and the 'git down' rope that's either tucked in under a belt or...Liked On: 09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Posted On: 12-23-2011, 01:42 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by Cherie On thread : The evil miniature mule!Sure, there are evil mules. Since mules are so smart, they can be REALLY evil. I think you are in over your head. This mule already knows she has you on the run and she will take full advantage of...Liked On: 09-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Posted On: 09-19-2012, 09:15 PMNorma M Sutton liked post by CarmenL On thread : Buying a horse that's right for you.Very sensible advice on this thread. One big turning point for me in the past twelve months is that at 5'1", a pony is just perfect for me. Mycurrent horse is 14.3 hh and that's okay. I'm happier...Liked On: 09-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Posted On: 04-27-2012, 03:10 AMNorma M Sutton liked post by smrobs On thread : Buying a horse that's right for you.:shock: Holy crap!! I didn't even think about discussing the size thing and how, even when they are incredibly well mannered, a large horse is infinitely more intimidating than a standard one.Liked On: 09-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Posted On: 06-09-2011, 01:02 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.