- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 16
- I've actually ridden with Camie once before, last summer, and she's fantastic. I think I learned more in a lesson with her than in the H/J lessons I'd been taking with a local trainer in six months. I don't know about her dressage background as she events, but the cross-country was great. Before taking lessons with her, I felt like I knew a ton. After I took lessons with her, I felt like my knowledge was just the tip of the iceberg. In a good way, of course. I will let you know how things go!
- Camie finally contacted me today, apologized, and said she wanted to work with me. So all is well! When did you contact Erin? I know she hasn't been on the Internet for a while, and today she said her iPhone broke. I have her on Facebook even though I don't know her, and usually she is pretty active, minus these past few weeks. Today, she became active again on Facebook. If you ever want to get in touch with her again, I think the best way would be to add her as a friend on Facebook and go through there.
- That's where I've heard Sara Messner's name before. It is too bad about Canterbrooke. Nice, nice facility.
Haha, it's a good thing probably that Stacey won't even come to your barn. She sounds like a real piece of work.
I got ahold of Camie initially, but not she hasn't replied. I'm friends with her on Facebook, so I messaged her just saying that I sent her an email with some lesson times that would work, and she said she had been on vacation and would get back to me tomorrow....well, tomorrow was four days ago. :/ I'm hoping she's just busy and doesn't think that my horse is a terrible horse or I'm a terrible rider. Lol, do you see how I work? So, I'm juuuust waiting.
Good luck on that thesis. Ugh, college.
- Oh gosh, I'd do horribly with a drill sergeant instructor. It doesn't take much for me to become a pile of nerves.
I emailed Camie and she said she'd be happy to work with us, so we're just setting up times. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm pretty excited. Somebody needs to teach Rusty and I the finer points of horsemanship lol... I think I've heard of Sara Messner. What stable did she come from?
On a side note, do you compete as well, or just train? If you do compete, how do you afford it if you don't mind me asking? My two horses are just eating away my funds this month, and I work 30 hours a week or more at above minimum (gotta love being a poor college student!).
- See, I read about Michele on her webpage and kind of wondered...it didn't sound like she'd ridden under anyone special or had any success. I know Camie competes as high as prelim herself, so I would think she'd know a little something lol. Then again, you never know with some of these people...
Hmm, I haven't heard of Cory Gregory. I'll have to look her up. I want to get some basic dressage under my belt and under Rusty's girth so he'll use himself better. We've been in the hunter ring before and I like that atmosphere, but I've always wanted to try eventing. I have a H/J instructor about 20 miles away from me, but she was taught by some loud-mouthed yahoo who sounded pretty not nice. She did some showing, but nothing big. Instead of giving me proper training tools and aids, she bitted Rusty up so his on-the-proving at all.forehand problem was masked but not fixed. And she is a terror at shows - not good for my high anxiety.
- Now, I had never thought of healing equine mental patients! That would be interesting career! It actually is using horses to help people overcome mental illness. I think equine psychotherapy is the correct term. It's what I wanted to do when I originally got out of high school, but my first semester turned me off because it was basic psychology. I think if I got into some more psychology classes, I would maybe find it interesting. I want to pursue a master's in counseling, and I would love to have a ranch that rehabilitates teenagers with depression, anxiety, anorexia, bulimia, etc.
Iowa State is expensive - everything in that dang town is expensive! To me, it seems like the prices of good apartments are through the roof. I worked for the Iowa State Foundation at the phone center for a couple of months until I could no longer stand being forced to annoy people into giving money.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- TurkishVan liked post by Change On thread : Introducing Our New Boy, Mango!Kayella, dahling... Cognac goes with everything!Liked On: Yesterday, 12:51 AM
Posted On: 09-19-2014, 07:26 PMTurkishVan liked post by Zexious On thread : Buck Brannaman V.S Pat Perellie?I never really understood the appeal of these trainers... /particularly/ the Parellis.Liked On: 09-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Posted On: 07-21-2014, 04:42 PMTurkishVan liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Drugging at showsThis is exactly the reason why such things continue to go on. People reckoning that it is none of their business what others do to their animals. Bad/cruel and cheating practises will continue to...Liked On: 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Posted On: 08-10-2014, 01:30 AMTurkishVan liked post by trailhorserider On thread : Drugging at showsI know this won't make me popular, but where do you guys draw the line? Maybe you are only one step of away from being like the Big Lick people and soring? Because it helps you win and everyone is...Liked On: 09-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Posted On: 08-09-2014, 05:44 PMTurkishVan liked post by SueC On thread : Salt blocks not for horses:happydance:You get today's pun award! :rofl:Liked On: 08-31-2014, 03:57 AM
Posted On: 08-30-2014, 09:28 AMTurkishVan liked post by tinyliny On thread : 4 year old mare stiff in the back? Causing exaggerated trot?I can relate. I am riding an Andalusian now, and he gets this way, too. It's like he gets all knotted up if I ask him to go faster. The solution? Ask him to go even faster! I have to get...Liked On: 08-31-2014, 03:55 AM
Posted On: 08-31-2014, 03:46 AMTurkishVan liked post by Saddlebag On thread : Chronic complainer comebackA friend works with a fellow who constantly complains and won't do one iota more because he's not paid enough. Friend took the brunt of his complaints, which she dumped on me. Finally I suggested the...Liked On: 08-31-2014, 02:08 AM
Posted On: 08-27-2014, 08:29 PMTurkishVan liked post by WildAtHeart On thread : Frustrated with myself - riding rantDon't feel dumb... every rider goes through times like this. if anyone rudely criticizes you, their opinion isn't worth listening to. Before your ride picture yourself doing the transition the way...Liked On: 08-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Posted On: 08-06-2014, 11:45 AMTurkishVan liked post by squirrelfood On thread : You have a horse? You must be rich! Not!Crossing your legs is free. Just sayin:lol:Liked On: 08-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Posted On: 08-02-2014, 07:19 PMTurkishVan liked post by tinyliny On thread : Horse sore from training or lame?it's so hard to say whether or not there is any physical issue. it could just be that she is being very lazy and is not picking up her feet, as she should. getting her to mover forward, with...Liked On: 08-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Posted On: 07-22-2014, 07:23 PMTurkishVan liked post by kiltsrhott On thread : Dressage is hard!So, I used to be a hunter/jumper and English pleasure rider with no experience in dressage. I did not have a grasp on how tough it really was. I just figured some dressage lessons would help me bring...Liked On: 08-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Posted On: 06-05-2014, 08:48 PMTurkishVan liked post by Blue On thread : How to deal with troublesome aunt at family reunion?Turkishvan I'm so very sorry for your loss. You must have been extremely close to your mother. As a side note, I have to comment that we just may be related! Your aunt and my sister sound like the...Liked On: 08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Posted On: 08-01-2014, 06:16 PMTurkishVan liked post by dernhelm1984 On thread : Mother just passed and lady really pushing for her horseJust read this. UGH! TurkishVan, I hope you have been able to resolve the problem. Even though your mother was polite and encouraged this woman to play with the filly a little, this woman has...Liked On: 08-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Posted On: 07-14-2014, 01:46 PMTurkishVan liked post by squekers998 On thread : Funeral and Horse-drawn wagonThat is beyond beautiful. Your mom is looking down on you with a big smile on her face. What you did was amazing and you are a good daughter(,:Liked On: 07-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Posted On: 07-11-2014, 02:38 PMTurkishVan liked post by karliejaye On thread : Funeral and Horse-drawn wagonI am sure your mom would be so very proud. What a beautiful way to honor her life. And kudos to your sweet mare. It is wonderful how helpful community and friends are, everything is there for the...Liked On: 07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Posted On: 07-11-2014, 02:34 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.