- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- Now, I had never thought of healing equine mental patients! That would be interesting career! It actually is using horses to help people overcome mental illness. I think equine psychotherapy is the correct term. It's what I wanted to do when I originally got out of high school, but my first semester turned me off because it was basic psychology. I think if I got into some more psychology classes, I would maybe find it interesting. I want to pursue a master's in counseling, and I would love to have a ranch that rehabilitates teenagers with depression, anxiety, anorexia, bulimia, etc.
Iowa State is expensive - everything in that dang town is expensive! To me, it seems like the prices of good apartments are through the roof. I worked for the Iowa State Foundation at the phone center for a couple of months until I could no longer stand being forced to annoy people into giving money.
- Hah, so that's really funny actually because I haven't declared my minor in performing arts. Actually, I haven't even signed up for next semester's classes because I don't know if I want to continue at Iowa State. I am thinking about going somewhere where I can double major in equine studies and psychology, with an emphasis in equine facilitated mental health. Maybe. It's nice living at home and not having to board my horses - or deal with bad roommates. When I move out next fall, I'm definitely going to get my own apartment. I don't want to deal with all the roommate drama!
That was not me in line at the VEISHA tent. I do appreciate people that wear breeches and Ariats, but I actually go with jeans and cowboy boots, usually skinny jeans. Lol, I don't blame you for not approaching her though - it's ten times more awkward if you look like you just rolled out of bed!
- Haha, that's funny! I used to go every day too, but this works out so much better because I have time for a job...more money my horses can eat!
In one of my high school agriculture classes, we did quite a bit of learning about soils. I don't remember any of it, but surprisingly I did find it rather interesting. What kind of job are you looking for? Something in Iowa?
- Yeah, it works out well. I work in my hometown at a job I'm really comfortable at, get to see my lovely horses every single day, and get to see both my ISU friends and my hometown friends on a pretty frequent basis.
I think 2 hours would be my limit lol. I'm just 1 1/2 away from ISU to the north, so it's a pretty direct route.
What are you going for at ISU? I'm a comm studies major. I think.
- haha I'm in eastern Canada. We are lucky, hay prices are high for us but not nearly as high as other places. I still remember 10 years ago when we were getting squares for $2 a bale *sigh* We're around $5.50 shipped. Our hay is nothing to get excited over but its not horrible either. The problem is, we will get in 500 bales and only 300 will be useable and 200 of that 300 needs to be watered. Our hay has been SUPER dusty and mouldy because its been to wet for it to dry out before its baled then gets stored and turns to carp. We have had a lot of barn fires because of this.
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- TurkishVan liked post by squekers998 On thread : Funeral and Horse-drawn wagonThat is beyond beautiful. Your mom is looking down on you with a big smile on her face. What you did was amazing and you are a good daughter(,:Liked On: 07-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Posted On: 07-11-2014, 02:38 PMTurkishVan liked post by karliejaye On thread : Funeral and Horse-drawn wagonI am sure your mom would be so very proud. What a beautiful way to honor her life. And kudos to your sweet mare. It is wonderful how helpful community and friends are, everything is there for the...Liked On: 07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Posted On: 07-11-2014, 02:34 PMTurkishVan liked post by Dreamcatcher Arabians On thread : Time to "unfriend"? *rant*10 Traits of a Toxic Friend | Fab After Forty (http://fabafter40.tumblr.com/post/48920901055/10-traits-of-a-toxic-friend) Part of this sounds like she can't handle that the balance of power has...Liked On: 06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Posted On: 06-08-2014, 11:35 AMTurkishVan liked post by kiltsrhott On thread : Time to "unfriend"? *rant*If I were you, I would let her go. Good friends are honest and will sometimes tell you things you don't want to hear, but this person sounds just plain unsupportive, jealous and rude. If you've had...Liked On: 06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Posted On: 06-08-2014, 11:00 AMTurkishVan liked post by tinyliny On thread : The Experience of a New Rider in the English DsiciplineGod Bless good school horses like Remmy. some horses would not put up with that unbalanced riding. but, it sounds like you are doing just fine, and progressing along a very typical trajectory. ...Liked On: 06-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Posted On: 06-07-2014, 01:15 AMTurkishVan liked post by TXhorseman On thread : I need some reassurance...An old man on his death bed was once asked what were most troublesome things he had faced during his life. He replied: "The things that never happened." Don't focus on things you have no control...Liked On: 06-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Posted On: 06-03-2014, 04:06 AMTurkishVan liked post by jaydee On thread : Totilas has returned to competition!Most of these 'new things' (and rolkurr is relatively new) are embraced by people who want to find shortcuts to get from A to B because they either lack the experience to do the job correctly or they...Liked On: 05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Posted On: 05-31-2014, 04:04 PMTurkishVan liked post by SueC On thread : Totilas has returned to competition!And while we are airing opinions, here's mine, on the original subject of the superb dressage horse and his unfortunate move to other owners and a new rider. I say it's unfortunate because it's...Liked On: 05-31-2014, 04:36 PM
Posted On: 05-30-2014, 10:40 AMTurkishVan liked post by loosie On thread : Totilas has returned to competition!I call that complete boffo! There is no 'correct time & place' for this treatment, which HAS INDEED been shown to damage a horse physically, aside from just being plain horrible. Aside from being...Liked On: 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Posted On: 05-29-2014, 10:40 PMTurkishVan liked post by equitate On thread : Totilas has returned to competition!It was Patrick Kittel with the blue tongue. Toto initially went with more pure gaits with MR, but then the unsoundnesses beset the horse. I wish they had continued in the tradition of his (step)...Liked On: 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Posted On: 05-29-2014, 09:39 PMTurkishVan liked post by horselovinguy On thread : Mucking out--can't get it just rightHighly critical and won't offer to show her how she wants her stalls done...time for your daughter to move on and not beat herself up. So...that said... She could try this way...I use to work for...Liked On: 05-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Posted On: 05-22-2014, 09:49 PMTurkishVan liked post by tinyliny On thread : New pony for my niece! (with pics!)i just can't get over feeling sad that the brother and sister are seperating. how old is this boy? I suppose if he is a teen or nearly there, it's natural he might want to live with his dad, but...Liked On: 05-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Posted On: 05-26-2014, 04:18 PMTurkishVan liked post by Foxhunter On thread : What would you do?I found it all amusing! I do not consider myself as 'brave' in catching the horse and riding it. It was puffed and tired. I am not going to use six legs when four will do! It was the general...Liked On: 05-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Posted On: 05-26-2014, 02:33 AMTurkishVan liked post by waresbear On thread : What would you do?Yes, forgot to add that FH, any person in their right mind, should be gushing gratitude towards you for showing up with their wayward horse, not getting ticked off for you riding it to them. I tell...Liked On: 05-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Posted On: 05-25-2014, 07:49 PMTurkishVan liked post by Cherie On thread : Training the everything horse.Back in the 1960s and 1970s the 'All Around' horse was king. To become an AQHA Champion back then required much more than it does today. In the 1980s, sorry to say, 'specialization' became the...Liked On: 05-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2014, 08:24 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.