- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 76
- You should talk to Diane. She might want to do a lesson prior to see where she would fit best. We took them out alone. My hubby and I walked with her while she rode. Twist was really good. Two things startled her: a plastic bag, and a bird that dive bombed her butt. The bag was 2 quick shuffle steps, the bird was a butt tuck and a small leap forward. For some reason she's a target for birds. She's been dive bombed 3 times in a month! I am going to start borrowing one of Diane's horses to take her. We have a place that doesn't need shoes, and is about 2 miles away. We walked for 2 hours. It's mild, but has hills, pastures, dikes, water, and ghosts...it's a former mental hospital! It's fun.
- Most of the kids close to her age would be in the 1st intermediate camp. Not much experience on the trail course, kind of a mix between loping and learning to lope, but they do a lot of arena trail course stuff. The last camp at the end of July is spent out of the arena most of the time, reining, cow work, trail course, etc. but most of it is done without walls in the hay field. It's really a combo of the kids and horses. It depended on what horse we got what camp she would be in. Also, the last camp needs the horses to know the groundwork that we do since the kids do some of the Clinton Anderson Advanced stuff too.
We took Twist on a trail ride this weekend, and through the trail course yesterday and she never reacted to anything. She's a really good girl.
- My daughter will be in the last camp because she's been riding out there for 4 years, and her horse is even more advanced than some of the older girl's horses. She hasn't ridden with kids her age for a while. I have mixed feelings. She rides with much better riders, but she rides and spends her time with a bunch of high school girls...I don't need that attitude any sooner.
- I'd love for her to bring reining to the county! We're working hard, but being fought off. She'll do some low key shows for now. She started her lesson with pretty, show horse stuff, did some reining spin stuff, then ended running the barrels. The horse never once got hot, and just went with the flow. LOVE this horse. She's amazing. You should talk to Diane...she has a camping trailer on her property, she might consider letting you guys camp out. You should totally talk to her about it.
- Well, it's certain now we're starting reining. We went to a show in Lynden last weekend and watched and she's hooked. Our trainer is totally on board for changing directions in her training too. She did a flying lead change yesterday while running the pattern too. It was pretty cool to watch.
- The show was absolutely exhausting. It was probably foolish of me to let her go but when I suggested that we cancel she said "no Mom, we can do it" and went ahead and got everything ready, packed and loaded. I did nothing to get ready. I had a tough time pulling the plug after that. She did well, but there were only 3 kids showing. She got 1st in equitation and bareback, 2nd in showmanship and trail, and 3rd in pleasure. I'm just thankful she stayed on in pleasure. Both horse and rider had pretty much fallen apart and it was a very rough go. Daughter was worn out and getting stressed which went right into the horse. The horse wanted to GO and broke into a canter about 3 times and then when it was time to line up the stinker decided to spook and jump sideways halfway across the arena!! My daughter stayed on as if she expected it - completely balanced! She was really frustrated but I was really proud of her.
- About newhorsemom
- pacific northwest
- Kids, horses, skiing, biking
- mom to kids and critters
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- newhorsemom liked post by JustDressageIt On thread : Texas public schools teaching fundamental Christianty and a few other things...I'm all for a "religion" class in school - one that teaches (in an unbiased manner) the "basics" of each "major" religion. I'm embarrassingly faith-stupid, and would love the opportunity to learn...Liked On: 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Posted On: 01-22-2013, 01:43 PMnewhorsemom liked post by walkinthewalk On thread : Mare shaking her headI've had Streeter 20 of his 27 years so he lets me get in his ear a lot further than he should - lollol I will wrap a piece of damp paper towel around my middle finger and go into his ear about...Liked On: 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2013, 12:22 PMnewhorsemom liked post by uflrh9y On thread : *pic heavy* Awesome results for Fall Classic ShowYep, she is moving on up. She has been wanting to ride Chevago for a while now and she is super excited that she gets to. As wonderful as Zee is, Chevago is a much better mover and has a much nicer...Liked On: 09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Posted On: 09-09-2012, 07:37 PMnewhorsemom liked post by littrella On thread : my horse prejeduce just got bustedI have never like Arabians. All the ones I've been around have been hot, snorty, spooky and generaly hard to handle. Therefore, over the years, I've developed the attitude, "nope, dont like arabs"....Liked On: 08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Posted On: 08-16-2012, 07:51 AMnewhorsemom liked post by dbarabians On thread : What is owning an arabian like?They do have personality. That above all else makes them special. When people disbarge the breed though i generally find they want a horse without spirit or able to think for itself. I enjoy...Liked On: 07-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Posted On: 07-30-2012, 09:06 AMnewhorsemom liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : How did YOU get started in dressage?I always jumped as a kid because that's what I was exposed to was jumping. I started taking dressage lessons when a coach started coming to the barn I was at around age 9 and was hooked. I still...Liked On: 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Posted On: 07-20-2012, 01:38 AMnewhorsemom liked post by thesilverspear On thread : going to see this guy tomorrow!Dude, that sucks. But as I said in my other post, the whole business sounded bizarre. Maybe you're best out of it. It looks as if Germany is full of nice warmbloods so you will hopefully find...Liked On: 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Posted On: 06-08-2012, 05:56 AMnewhorsemom liked post by natisha On thread : I body clipped my horse this summer.....Cushings?Not all Cushing horses will have insulin resistance. My mare had Cushings & she never needed any dietary restrictions. I had her tested every 6 months. She was maintained on Permax for about 13...Liked On: 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Posted On: 06-07-2012, 08:21 PMnewhorsemom liked post by tinyliny On thread : Compromising... Wow!When you are the age that you are, Sky, it is your job to think about yourself primarily. you have to be established in who YOU are before you have enough identity and self assurance to be able to...Liked On: 05-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Posted On: 05-12-2012, 12:38 PMnewhorsemom liked post by gunslinger On thread : I did it!!You go girl! Glad you're having fun. My wife is actually a better trailer backer than I am.Liked On: 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Posted On: 04-30-2012, 06:03 PMnewhorsemom liked post by tinyliny On thread : That's it Mitt Romney has my voteI do not think Obama can do no wrong. And, I will be honest to say that some folks here have raised some points , critical points , that I think I should look at again. But, as you know, the...Liked On: 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Posted On: 04-23-2012, 08:01 PMnewhorsemom liked post by Allison Finch On thread : My 1st show & my 1st ribbon! (HD Video)Some examples of what a first show is SUPPOSED to look like....LOL! CRAZY BUCKING HORSE!!!! - YouTube Horse Jumps Out Of Dressage Arena! - YouTube DRESSAGE FAIL!!!! - YouTubeLiked On: 04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2012, 10:59 PMnewhorsemom liked post by Klassic Superstar On thread : Sunny day in big pasture grass!Had to share more pictures of Oliver, im sure your all tired of hearing about him and seeing him. But I. Proud of my little bugger and he really seems to be I proving weekly! I can't wait to see how...Liked On: 04-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2012, 01:05 AMnewhorsemom liked post by franknbeans On thread : Deep Sulcus Thrush - the nightmare beginsOP-this may sound a it harsh, but-here goes. You have MANY good ideas here. You have what your VET has said to do (and he has actually SEEN the feet in person. I would suggest the following: ...Liked On: 04-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Posted On: 04-20-2012, 07:56 PMnewhorsemom liked post by cakemom On thread : Lovely showing weekend for my boy and girl..picsThought I'd share our weekend. Mom (that'd be me of course) spent the weekend working a show while the girlie girl got to show. We took Red to the show, the two of them are working at pre amoeba...Liked On: 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Posted On: 04-18-2012, 12:42 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.