- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 66
- Yeah, drill is just patterns together as a team. We have an awesome adult drill team here that travels all over the state and several of the moms from her club are on that drill team. This is their way of filling time at fair this year. She had another great lesson today. They did rollbacks into lopes. Her horse was the only one who wasn't being a butt yesterday so she left feeling pretty good, especially since the other two horses are among the most highly trained at the farm. Each day gets a little better. My daughter isn't a huge fan of the rail shows, but she does them so she has time to ride more. She'd love to get into reining, if only they'd add that up here. I'm working on it, but they keep telling me they don't have time, or interest. I think they'd be surprised on the interest. Good luck this weekend.
- The loping fear came from the last 2 horses we looked at. Both of them bucked significantly when she tried to get them into a lope. She stayed on, but really lost a lot of confidence. She is totally pumped about today's lesson. I know my daughter thinks that the shows are more social than work too, but that's okay. I don't want her to get too competitive and lose the joy. She's so excited about the drill team though. Unbelievable.
- Is your daughter feeling better? I hate big shows! Good luck to her. Last night mine volunteered to join the 4-H drill team. She's beyond excited to do it. I have no idea what it means for a time commitment, but they're going to stay at a walk/trot this year.
- My trainer just did some ground work with her. She likes workign with her because she's smart and eager to please. She picks up things so quickly. She also walked off from the farrier yesterday when my daughter showed up. Right out of the stand. Knocked stuff over, spilled the nails, didn't care. Brat. Twist would make a beautiful English horse because she moves very nicely, but dd doesn't want to show her in English right now. We'll see.
- She's doing very well. She's a smart horse--we totally lucked out! Our first "show" is in July. Since the county only has an outdoor arena, we plan them later in the summer so we're more likely to have sun. We start weekly club rides in about 3 weeks so we'll be getting her out. Yesterday our trainer took her from my daughter and to show her something and Twist tried to walk off with my daughter. They're starting to get bonded. I think this is going to work out. We were going to try to do walk/trot again, but if she does, she can't get 1st or 2nd because she did it with a different horse last year. I think she's going to try for the lope class, even if the horse is a little fast. We'll see.
- Twist acts like she's been there for years. She's so easy going. My daughter has had 4 rides in 4 days on her, each getting better. She's loping her a lot more each day, and instead of just riding, she's starting to work on things now. I rode her today too. A little rough for my taste, and super sensative, but she's doing very well for my daughter. She's beautiful, and making a lot of friends at the barn. Everyone loves cleaning her stall because she's super tidy. Another lesson tomorrow.
- She has 3 clinics this year, and a camp. The camp might be better for your daughter since it's all kids. My daughter will be there, and there will be 4-5 middle/high school age girls. She does some arena work, ground work, and the trail course. www.justapleasurefarm.com (or the farm is on facebook too).
- About newhorsemom
- pacific northwest
- Kids, horses, skiing, biking
- mom to kids and critters
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- newhorsemom liked post by Chiilaa On thread : Horse shopping sucks.http://thehorseaholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/horse-sale-terminology1.jpg Hope your shopping goes well.Liked On: 01-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Posted On: 01-19-2014, 07:53 PMnewhorsemom liked post by walkinthewalk On thread : Mare shaking her headI've had Streeter 20 of his 27 years so he lets me get in his ear a lot further than he should - lollol I will wrap a piece of damp paper towel around my middle finger and go into his ear about...Liked On: 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2013, 12:22 PMnewhorsemom liked post by uflrh9y On thread : *pic heavy* Awesome results for Fall Classic ShowYep, she is moving on up. She has been wanting to ride Chevago for a while now and she is super excited that she gets to. As wonderful as Zee is, Chevago is a much better mover and has a much nicer...Liked On: 09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Posted On: 09-09-2012, 07:37 PMnewhorsemom liked post by littrella On thread : my horse prejeduce just got bustedI have never like Arabians. All the ones I've been around have been hot, snorty, spooky and generaly hard to handle. Therefore, over the years, I've developed the attitude, "nope, dont like arabs"....Liked On: 08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Posted On: 08-16-2012, 07:51 AMnewhorsemom liked post by dbarabians On thread : What is owning an arabian like?They do have personality. That above all else makes them special. When people disbarge the breed though i generally find they want a horse without spirit or able to think for itself. I enjoy...Liked On: 07-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Posted On: 07-30-2012, 09:06 AMnewhorsemom liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : How did YOU get started in dressage?I always jumped as a kid because that's what I was exposed to was jumping. I started taking dressage lessons when a coach started coming to the barn I was at around age 9 and was hooked. I still...Liked On: 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Posted On: 07-20-2012, 01:38 AMnewhorsemom liked post by thesilverspear On thread : going to see this guy tomorrow!Dude, that sucks. But as I said in my other post, the whole business sounded bizarre. Maybe you're best out of it. It looks as if Germany is full of nice warmbloods so you will hopefully find...Liked On: 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Posted On: 06-08-2012, 05:56 AMnewhorsemom liked post by natisha On thread : I body clipped my horse this summer.....Cushings?Not all Cushing horses will have insulin resistance. My mare had Cushings & she never needed any dietary restrictions. I had her tested every 6 months. She was maintained on Permax for about 13...Liked On: 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Posted On: 06-07-2012, 08:21 PMnewhorsemom liked post by tinyliny On thread : Compromising... Wow!When you are the age that you are, Sky, it is your job to think about yourself primarily. you have to be established in who YOU are before you have enough identity and self assurance to be able to...Liked On: 05-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Posted On: 05-12-2012, 12:38 PMnewhorsemom liked post by gunslinger On thread : I did it!!You go girl! Glad you're having fun. My wife is actually a better trailer backer than I am.Liked On: 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Posted On: 04-30-2012, 06:03 PMnewhorsemom liked post by tinyliny On thread : That's it Mitt Romney has my voteI do not think Obama can do no wrong. And, I will be honest to say that some folks here have raised some points , critical points , that I think I should look at again. But, as you know, the...Liked On: 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Posted On: 04-23-2012, 08:01 PMnewhorsemom liked post by Allison Finch On thread : My 1st show & my 1st ribbon! (HD Video)Some examples of what a first show is SUPPOSED to look like....LOL! CRAZY BUCKING HORSE!!!! - YouTube Horse Jumps Out Of Dressage Arena! - YouTube DRESSAGE FAIL!!!! - YouTubeLiked On: 04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2012, 10:59 PMnewhorsemom liked post by Klassic Superstar On thread : Sunny day in big pasture grass!Had to share more pictures of Oliver, im sure your all tired of hearing about him and seeing him. But I. Proud of my little bugger and he really seems to be I proving weekly! I can't wait to see how...Liked On: 04-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Posted On: 04-23-2012, 01:05 AMnewhorsemom liked post by franknbeans On thread : Deep Sulcus Thrush - the nightmare beginsOP-this may sound a it harsh, but-here goes. You have MANY good ideas here. You have what your VET has said to do (and he has actually SEEN the feet in person. I would suggest the following: ...Liked On: 04-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Posted On: 04-20-2012, 07:56 PMnewhorsemom liked post by cakemom On thread : Lovely showing weekend for my boy and girl..picsThought I'd share our weekend. Mom (that'd be me of course) spent the weekend working a show while the girlie girl got to show. We took Red to the show, the two of them are working at pre amoeba...Liked On: 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Posted On: 04-18-2012, 12:42 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.