- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 20
- So i feel like a TOTAL creeper because i was on eventing nation, and went to sport horse nation and saw a sale ad and i was like woah, i've seen this horse before, then i remembered you from here lol. I hope you find a good home for your boy! :)
- yeahh thats true but at least i could just squeeze in a ride or lesson with boyd martin or silvia martin here and there since they teach there...and the barn manager is a good friend of mine so im hoping she will be understanding...if not ill just go up for a week just to chill around and help out
- even better!!! haha i cant wait till this summer cause i think im gonna accept the offer i got from phillip duttons barn manager to work their for a few weeks and hack his horses/clean stalls/etc but idk if i will unless my horse can come with me
- ah thats good that you will have horses to ride so you can keep doing it! i would be heart broken if i sold my horse, Mouse...ive worked so hard training him and i love him. hopefully when i have to take over paying for him when my dad retires ill be able to afford him!
- haha good plann. you planning on buying a new horse after he sells?
And i was kinda the same way two years ago...i had just moved up to novice with my horse jet and we were doing good for the most part but then he died from him having a meltdown in the trailer and ended up breaking his coffin bone in two places. it was so sadd
- About Strange
- Rider/Barn Manager
- "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn."
- This Page
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- Strange liked post by Regula On thread : Are european horses better than American?It's the same the other way round, rich people who ride Western in Europe need an AQHA imported from North America. Some make good, honest dealings and end up with a great horse for their purpose....Liked On: 02-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Posted On: 02-01-2015, 08:04 PMStrange liked post by Saranda On thread : Batty-- Warmblood GeldingHe's cute, although I'm no help with conformation. I have to chime in, though, that Draft x TB does not a Warmblood make.Liked On: 01-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Posted On: 01-27-2015, 04:57 PMStrange liked post by Kayty On thread : Rubber-necking during Dressage testExcellent post equitate, very good advice. I'm going through the joys of a breaker myself at the moment, a reactive but very elastic little 3 yr old warmblood gelding who is very reactive but quite...Liked On: 03-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Posted On: 03-23-2014, 09:22 PMStrange liked post by equitate On thread : Rubber-necking during Dressage testWith a mare, I will give different advice for the beginning (and I used to start 30 babies a year...so half mares). Let her look around for some rides, ignore it and carry on. While walking rider...Liked On: 03-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Posted On: 03-23-2014, 10:47 AMStrange liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : Competition RantAnd the discrimination continues LOL. I agree with Kayty. Number one, these are not quarter horses and number two this is not a barrel race. Apples and oranges. I was at a competition last weekend...Liked On: 02-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Posted On: 02-27-2014, 12:15 PMStrange liked post by Kayty On thread : Competition RantTo an extent, I completely agree with the riders and judges asking you to move. Not every horse gets exposure to a pram, and some horses are extremely reactive. Try riding a hot, fresh and very...Liked On: 02-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Posted On: 02-27-2014, 06:46 AMStrange liked post by picup436 On thread : Success in the Dressage Ring without a WarmbloodI ride a TB mare in dressage. I don't think I get marked down but obviously the better moving warmbloods are going to score better, provided that their training matches ours. Which is where I...Liked On: 02-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Posted On: 02-20-2014, 08:52 PMStrange liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : Wrapping legs after ridingWhen I am showing the horses are usually wrapped overnight (using BoT wraps) and post workout they are thoroughly walked and cooled out, and the legs cold hosed or iced. At home, the legs are iced...Liked On: 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Posted On: 01-29-2014, 02:51 AMStrange liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : What is a "Grand Prix" Horse?However, it is attainable!! Be prepared however, to spend your life "In the saddle." ;) When you ride more consistently that anyone else you know, through sickness and health, blizzards, hail...Liked On: 01-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Posted On: 01-27-2014, 02:20 AMStrange liked post by Kayty On thread : What is a "Grand Prix" Horse?Grand Prix Dressage is the level of Dressage that is ridden at the Olympics. It is the highest level of Dressage competition - beyond it is the 'high school' training which you see in the Spanish...Liked On: 01-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Posted On: 01-25-2014, 09:14 PMStrange liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : Teaching the extended trot?A good exercise to help the rider teach the horse to balance in the lengthening: M-R a shoulder in (or shoulder fore, whichever the horse is ready for - a volte at M to set up the SF/SI is also a...Liked On: 01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Posted On: 01-14-2014, 03:49 PMStrange liked post by Kayty On thread : Activating the hind legsBare in mind also, that some of that extravagant young horse movement will reduce slightly in a lot of horses while they find their feet working towards collection. It is very hard for the horse to...Liked On: 01-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Posted On: 01-08-2014, 05:56 AMStrange liked post by ~*~anebel~*~ On thread : Shoulders leading. . . Leg YieldLeg yield is meant to strengthen the inside leg to outside rein connection. A common mistake is for the rider to take off all their aids, and just use an inside leg to move the horse over, which ends...Liked On: 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Posted On: 01-01-2014, 01:16 PMStrange liked post by Foxhunter On thread : StrappingTraditional treatments for something like arthritis was to either use bee stings or nettles . `science put this down the drain as being no benefit at all. A few years on and 'science' says that...Liked On: 12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Posted On: 12-16-2012, 01:29 PMStrange liked post by Golden Horse On thread : StrappingI know you will come back with a long and detailed reply citing source after source proving that the hands on experience that Foxhunter and I have of keeping horses is outdated and wrong, but I have...Liked On: 12-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Posted On: 12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.