Conversation Between dixiegirl and Equus_girl
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 36
- Thats great your filly is doing well! Some learn different ways than others. That is the most important thing I've found with horses, is that each one responds differently and you can't just expect the same thing to work for them all.
Winson is doing great! He's growing real big and enjoying galloping around. Hopefully he soon will have a few playmates here if the other mares ever decide to foal!!
- She is coming along nicely!! She wasn't getting it very well when ever I took the rope off her butt. But yesterday a horse trainer that lives by me came over and showed me a little differant way, and she is finally leading with only the lead rope. :)!!!! Now I can finally take her out of the pasture and maybe go trail riding! :)
How is Winson doing? How big is he now?
- Thank you for the info!!! That was great!! She is leading now, but I am still putting a rope behind her just to remind her if she forgets. :) So in a week I am hoping she will come with no difficulty!!
And your right training horses are fun, as long as they cooperate! I have a mare that cooperates but sometimes she gets stubborn and that is NOT fun. lol She is getting much better though . :)
- Yah, Winson learns really quick. That will be nice when you can do barrel racing with your mare! Training horses is always so much fun - as long as they cooporate!
I sent you a pm about the halter and lead training for your filly. It won't let me post that long a message here!
- That is amazing you are doing so much with him!! I am slower cause I am having to kind of train my mare too. :( She is an alpha mare, so now she is learning I am the alpha mare!! lol ;)
I like the name. That is cute! :)
I am planning on barrel racing with her. So I have a thread on her asking what i need to do to get her ready to run in 3 years.... way to long of a wait. :( But maybe i can talk my mare into learning how to! lol
You are going to have to give me some tips on how to halter lead foals. I haven't done that yet. But i know she needs to know soon. :)
- I had a hard time picking a name, but I finally chose Winson. I always think colts are harder to name than fillies! He's doing real well and is training real fast too. He halters, leads, picks up his feet and is learning not to eat people's clothes!! I do a lot of ground training with the horses and I ride bareback a lot. I'm taking english riding lessons this summer and am learning a lot.
How is your filly? What kinds of things are you teaching her? You are planning her for barrel racing - right?
- Yes, they do look so much alike! I love when foals have the little white around the tail - it is so cute. I'll probably get to name him. If you have any ideas I have a thread for naming him in the Horse Chat section. He loves tearing around already and is keeping his mom in a frenzy to keep up with him!
- Oh my word... I just saw pictures if your colt, he looks just like mine!! The tail is just like it with the white around the edges!! That is too funny!! The only difference i could really see is that my filly's face is a little narrower and longer. Wow lol :)