- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 74
- That's awesome! I hope he does! My fingers are crossed for you! lol! :)
Yeah, it's awesome! I've always wanted to breed my own horse and be able to train the foal the way I want to! It might not even happen, but I'm hoping it does. I've already found a couple of stallions I like and one is just amazing!
That's great! Destiny is the same way. In the last 2 months, she's improved a lot on trails. Well, no special maneuvers for her, but on the trail she's amazing! I feel like I could take her anywhere. She might spook a bit, but her reaction is much more "mellow" now. She just jumps for a second. She doesn't turn and run in the opposite direction, lol.
- Yeah life took over! Been really busy with my job and horses and school and whatever else. lol And even though I'm homeschooled I've been told by one guy that this other guy at work is goin to ask me to prom. Hope so!!! That would be just amazing :)
Sweeet! Breeding destiny? That's awesome. You lucky.
And actually Brandy has been improving quite a bit, so I'm pretty happy bout that! A little calmer on trails and stuff, and she's got some of the more advanced maneuvers down pat. Going for poles next year at rodeo bible camp. :)
- Ergh...lol. I always used to try to stay up all night when I was younger, but I never made it. Then I made it that night without even trying. And then for like, 5 days afterward, I was all dizzy and weird even though I was sleeping normally again. The whole experience seems like a dream now! lol. It was fun though...I can now say I stayed up for 38 hours. :P
I made a bracelet from Destiny's mane or tail today. I found a chunk of black horse hair stuck in something in the barn so I took it out and it was just long enough to make a bracelet, so I did. It's nothing fancy, but I like it. :P I remember I used to make them whenever I could find horsehair lying around, before I had Destiny. And I'd wear one 24/7..lol. I always intended to make one from Destiny, but I never wanted to cut up her mane or tail, and none of the hairs I found were long or strong enough. Now I finally have done it. lol.
- That's great! I'm glad to hear you enjoy it. :) I'm glad you're able to go to the barn more often too. :P
Haha, Destiny is great around all things like that, but Lexi apparently isn't. XD And we found that out for sure, because they drive it around sometimes and she'll be going crazy every time. lol.
No, I don't go to summer camps. I'll probably mainly spend the summer biking, hiking, trail riding, and relaxing, haha. And doing crazy fun things and videotaping them. XD We have a few trips planned too, so that'll be fun. My brother and I were home alone the night before last night, and I...maybe...accidentally...stayed up all night. XD I couldn't sleep! Part of that was my fault. I was on the computer until 4:00 AM and then noticed the time, so I went to bed, but couldn't sleep, so I read for an hour and still couldn't sleep. Then I drank some Mountain Dew...no more sleeping for me. XD
- I am having fun! I like my job a lot. I have great people to work with and a GREAT boss. I start training for carhop tonight now that I have the switchboard down pretty good. Yay tips.
Woah you had you hands full there! My horse used to kind of freak with dirtbikes, but now that two guys are constantly racing up and down the road on them almost every day, she's gotten used to it. lol
I'm getting to go to the barn so much more now! Lovin' it.
Anything new with you? Do you ever go to any summer camps?
- You're welcome! :) Pushy horses aren't fun, lol. But respect can be pretty easy to teach...sometimes, at least.I just had an experience with a pushy horse.-_-She's young and starting training so she still tries to get away with pushing you around.I was feeding her and putting on her blanket,and waiting to do the straps that go under her belly because she was against the wall where she's supposed to be when she's eating.I didn't want to mess up that training, so I was waiting...and then she got scared and jumped against the stall door.Took the hair off a patch of her neck and broke a part of the door.Then she was prancing around the stall like a lunatic.I think it might have been a dirtbike though.My cousin biked up on it a few seconds later and then Lexi was really going up the wall..lol.And of course the dangling straps didn't help much. It took her a long time to calm down.XDBut she's fine,and the door was okay enough to prevent her flying out to the pasture with her blanket half on.
- Yay, congratulations! I hope you have fun at your job! =D
Yeah, it's a lot...but the list of things we checked for was a lot longer! Could have been worse I guess..could have been flies, or grass, or anything...things that we couldn't have taken away as easily as feed. We're transitioning her over to beet pulp now. She doesn't like it, but she eats it. Hopefully it'll help her cough!
Yeah...Destiny would look awful if I let her go that long! She's an Arab, and her hooves grow fast, so even after just 2 months they look awful. I've never had a problem with her hooves, but we trim them often enough. And even she has good hooves. We don't shoe her, and she's fine to go on the roads and everything.
- About ArabianGirl27
- crazy, fun, and stupid at times ;P
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|
- ArabianGirl27 liked post by VLBUltraHot On thread : Miley's Very Early Baby Bump/Foaling ThreadJust realized I forgot to upload Miley's "9 month" pictures to her thread. Just a little behind seeing that she'll be 10 months at the end of next week...oops:shock: Pregnancy suits her well....Liked On: 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Posted On: 04-13-2014, 04:30 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by Jessicanfly On thread : What breed is my mare (just curious)Thank you so much! She's very level headed and super smart! Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 04-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Posted On: 04-09-2014, 02:09 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by dbarabians On thread : Homozygous Tobiano Paint StudsI like him too. He is also reasonable. OP I would contact his owners if I were you. ShalomLiked On: 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 11:05 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by Indiana2 On thread : Homozygous Tobiano Paint StudsWhat about this guy? Don't know anything about him, just ran across him while looking for a horse myself APHA Homozygous Tobiano DUN Stud - Rope, Rein or Ranch | livestock for sale | Grande...Liked On: 04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 10:08 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by Hang on Fi On thread : Standing Up on a HorseShe has a helmet on, which is more than can be said for a lot of folks who do this. I "used" to stand on my horses, as long as you control your weight and don't dig into their back, you're fine....Liked On: 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 03:37 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by danny67 On thread : Standing Up on a HorseKudos for wearing a helmet! I saw two tweens trying this at my barn this weekend sans helmets.Liked On: 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 03:32 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by ForeverSunRider On thread : Standing Up on a HorseMy friend does acrobatics on her horse all the time lol. It's quite weird to be riding and look over and all of a sudden she got it in her hear to do a plank off the side of her horse while holding...Liked On: 04-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Posted On: 04-01-2014, 01:38 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by CLaPorte432 On thread : Homozygous Tobiano Paint StudsLoL. I know. His eye are just beautiful. And they are so soft. The pictures of him working English, he looks so relaxed. And he literally is the All-Arounder. I've never seen a horse shown in so many...Liked On: 03-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Posted On: 03-30-2014, 09:09 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by EliRose On thread : Homozygous Tobiano Paint StudsThere is absolutely no way I've spent hours scrolling through this guy's FB page, are you kidding? Pul-ease :wink: . . . But really, this guy and his babies are enough to lead me to the dark side....Liked On: 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Posted On: 03-30-2014, 08:49 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by Natalierose On thread : Running, Rearing, and Bucking-Crazy HorsesI love watching horses being able to play,not in the arena working 24/7Liked On: 03-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Posted On: 03-29-2014, 03:45 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by DanisMom On thread : Running, Rearing, and Bucking-Crazy HorsesThose photos would be much better without the white stuff! I am so sick of it and we're supposed to get more today. Destiny is lovely. I had Arabs until a couple of years ago when both of my old...Liked On: 03-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Posted On: 03-29-2014, 08:43 AMArabianGirl27 liked post by SullysRider On thread : Paint Conformation CritiqueIn the end it is your choice, but if so many are saying don't breed her, maybe you should really think about why so many are saying that and perhaps change your mind? I agree she's not breeding...Liked On: 02-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Posted On: 02-20-2014, 01:53 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by Foxhunter On thread : Thoughts on Punishing A Naughty Horse/PonyAs said, timing is the all important factor. I correct as it happens and if I cannot then I will set the horse up to have a second go and then correct. Ian, when you get a colt that thinks he...Liked On: 11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Posted On: 11-06-2013, 03:33 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by BlueSpark On thread : Thoughts on Punishing A Naughty Horse/PonyFirstly, I think the word punishment is not typically an accurate description of any part of good horsemanship. a dictionary describes it this way: " suffering, pain, or loss that serves as...Liked On: 11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Posted On: 11-06-2013, 01:16 PMArabianGirl27 liked post by SunnyDraco On thread : Breeding My Arabian This Spring?I would also like to point out that you could breed for a purebred Arabian and get a stocky build and a laid back attitude. That isn't a quarter horse or stock horse only trait, even stock bred...Liked On: 11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Posted On: 11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.