- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 17
- Really? That's cool! I'd like to get into jumping as well... I've always thought that it looked fun. My mare can jump... she's never really been trained for it, but she can jump... She's jumped our fence many times (ranging from places roughly 2 feet high and then some almost 6 feet high) and she once jumped the gate, and the gate is roughly 5 foot 6. inches high. I've never jumped that high with her (lol, and I've only ever jumped in a western saddle)... the highest I've made with her has been 3 feet 3 inches over logs that we find on our trailrides, or sometimes when I decide to set up some jumps for the heck of it in the backyard.
- Which, Amy didn't seem put off about it... None of her horses know how to barrel race either besides their old Quarterhorse, but they're trading him soon because he's in his twenties. Apparently, they're going to give Brandi a Mustang mare to train and ride for the competitions.
I really don't care one way or anything if it is a competition, I'm excited to be asked if I'd like to do it too...! Lol...
- I've never met a Morgan horse, so I wouldn't know how they are, though I've heard a lot of both positive and negative things about them.
I don't show... but my friend Amy is bringing her 15 year old daughter back down here (her daughter, Brandi, moved to Michigan last year and is moving back). Amy wants Brandi to start barrel racing and pole bending, just for fun and not for competition or anything... she asked me a little while ago if I'd be willing to do it as well, since her daughter doesn't have any other 'horsey' friends and probably won't want to do it if I don't. I told her that I'd love to do it, but the only thing is... my mare is not trained to do anything but trail ride. She only knows how to run in a straight line, lol..
- This is the coldest summer we ever had in like 40 years 0.o. Everyday the maximum temperature would not be anything higher then 23. It also rains like everyday.This year the weather is all wacky we had a long winter, a cold summer meaning that the winter is going to come early and be long and cold.I liked our usual summers always high then 25. Like they say those were the good ole' days.
- I live in the country as you can probably tell. Where I live, we probably don't have 200 people here. I love it! Most everyone is family and if they're not family, then they're treated like family. It's awesome. My mum hates the country; she lives in the city about 10 miles away and my dad is in Louisianna. Our 'downtown' is only the gas station, the church, and post office. We have to go to the city to buy everything else. We're so small that we're not even on the weathermap unless it's for something like really severe weather. Everyone has horses. My friend who lives a 3 miles away owns 3 horses; 5 next summer (her mares are pregnant), my cousin down the road owns a horse, my other great uncle owns a horse, my baby cousin who lives just across the pasture owns a pony; they're kept in a different pasture. One o my other friends has a horse and the friend who I sometimes work for has 3 horses. Plus my neighbors breeds and sells Tennessee Walkers. There's lots more horses out here, too.
- I've found that fixing the fence is really calming for me. It helps me relax, and I'm thinkin about just taking over the fencefixing since my older cousins who are supposed to be in charge of the fence aren't doing their job and honestly, they haven't walked the fenceline and really looked at how bad our fence is in years. What little they have fixed in the past has usually been a result of me dragging them down here or pestering them so much that they had to come fix it to get me off their backs. I'm not fond of being cut up, because barb-wire, no matter how small the sut, always scars... but I enjoy working with a hammer and nails and I'm about the only girl in the immediate family who doesn't mind messing around with barb wire with her bare hands. In the past years, I've been the one to walk the fenceline and tell my family of what needed fixing, so now shouldn't I just fix it instead of telling my cousins who obviously really don't care?
- Why everyone likes Morgans so much? What do you mean?
My great grandmother, who I live with, owns 50 acres of pasture. I own two of the horses (Gypsie and Dakota; Tennessee Walkers), my cousin owns one of the horses (Patch; Racking Horse), my great uncle owns two horses (Buttercup and Nugget; Racking Horse and Rackinghorse/x/Quarterhorse), my great grandmother owns two small donkeys (Tilda and Dash), my younger cousin owns three horses (Wildman, Diablo, and Leigh; Mustang/x/Quarterhorse, Mustag, and Mustang/x/Quarterhorse) and my younger cousins little brother owns the last horse (Megan; Mustang)... So we have um... 9 horses and 2 donkeys in 50 acres along with twenty-odd something cows that are half wild and have absolutely no respect for any type of fence.
It's been rainy here all day and I've been out working o the fences again for about half the day... I'm wet, cold, and miserable... and more than a little cut up from the wire... my finger hurts where I smashed it earlier and my friend who was helping me today dropped the hammr on my knee... Lol. I still have about, oh... 20 acres of fence to look at and fix what's damaged and then it looks like I'm going to be the one putting the gate back up because the guys are going to be too busy to put it up until about two weeks from now... Lol.
My life is so fun, isn't it? Lol...
(once again, I'm in a very talkative mood)...
Anyway, what's been up today?
|iTrader Profile||Recent Ratings|