Finally, I got to see Buck!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Movies, Music, and TV

Finally, I got to see Buck!

This is a discussion on Finally, I got to see Buck! within the Movies, Music, and TV forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree10Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
      #1
    Teen Forum Moderator
    Finally, I got to see Buck!

    Originally I had wanted to go see it in Theatres, but sadly the closest place that it was showing was in Pearland, a good ways away from me. Not to mention that tickets were $25 a person.

    But I did a little happy dance in my mind when I noticed it on Netflix yesterday, and I decided to watch it.

    Now I'm not usually in to the whole 'natural horsemanship' thing, because it's just a big money-making piece of bologna for the most part. So many NH 'specialists' are just in it to get money, and I saw no sense in it. Sure, I take a little here and there from each trainer- I think the 7 games of horsemanship can be helpful and so can lunging for respect in some cases, but otherwise? Nah.

    I really was interested in seeing Buck though. And I actually wasn't dissapointed in it, after I'd finally seen it. He had a lot of valid points, and I enjoyed hearing about his life and family, and seeing the way that he taught other people by using themselves as the object of learning. What I really commend him for though, is the fact that he didn't let his ego get in front of what was the right thing to do with that stud horse. So many NH type people bounce around claiming to be able to do anything, and are too foolish and cocky to realize when a horse just isn't right, but he knew when it was time to just stop. And I never saw him change his emotions for either the people or the horses. I've been around horses long enough to realize that this isn't an easy feat.

    So...yeah ;) I'd absolutely recommend it to any fellow horseman, even if you aren't into NH. You just might learn something.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    I actually enjoyed it too. I found it interesting. However I did want to choke the ever livin' sh!t out of that gal that owned the yellow horse...lol
    smrobs and kevinshorses like this.
         
        03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    I saw it on Netflix too! :) Good movie. I'm with you- not so much a fan of natural horsemanship but I liked his style.
         
        03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
      #4
    Teen Forum Moderator
    Oh man, you should of seen me ranting and raving about that animal, Cowgirl! Deprived of oxygen my butt- that animal had been allowed to (almost a little too literally) get away with murder! Sure was pretty though...I still can't figure out exactly what color he was.

    OuttatheBlue- exactly! I don't know what it is about him but the way that he approaches training is very appealing to me. He doesn't sit there and lecture about how horses have feeling and we shouldn't offend them and yadayadayada, he gets in there and helps them. God knows that we need more people who are willing to act like the 'parent figure' in a relationship...both with horses and with people.
    COWCHICK77 likes this.
         
        03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Had to buy it off of Itunes but glad that I did because I thought it was really good and have probably watched it four or five times already.

    I agree that the girl with the yellow horse drove me nuts as well but it was pretty interesting to see Buck work with that horse.
         
        03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endiku    
    Oh man, you should of seen me ranting and raving about that animal, Cowgirl! Deprived of oxygen my butt- that animal had been allowed to (almost a little too literally) get away with murder! Sure was pretty though...I still can't figure out exactly what color he was.

    OuttatheBlue- exactly! I don't know what it is about him but the way that he approaches training is very appealing to me. He doesn't sit there and lecture about how horses have feeling and we shouldn't offend them and yadayadayada, he gets in there and helps them. God knows that we need more people who are willing to act like the 'parent figure' in a relationship...both with horses and with people.
    Agreed! To me he's in a different division than other "NH trainers" (not trying to start any arguments just my opinion). I was thinking during that movie that he was probably a GREAT parent as well (his kids seemed very well adjusted).

    That stud was down right scary! I actually gasped when he took that cowboy down. But no doubt that it had some major owner troubles.
         
        03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HanginH    
    Had to buy it off of Itunes but glad that I did because I thought it was really good and have probably watched it four or five times already.

    I agree that the girl with the yellow horse drove me nuts as well but it was pretty interesting to see Buck work with that horse.
    I thought it was funny watching Buck's face when they decided to load him back up in the trailer and that gal said "come on Fluffy, come on, load up"...that was classic...

    If that was me I would of blown my head gasket
         
        03-20-2012, 06:11 PM
      #8
    Trained
    And she kept sticking her hand in the trailer and snapping her fingers and calling it. If that would get the horse loaded she wouldn't have needed help with the horse. I hate it when people try to treat thier horses like dogs or small children.
    COWCHICK77 likes this.
         
        03-20-2012, 06:16 PM
      #9
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinshorses    
    And she kept sticking her hand in the trailer and snapping her fingers and calling it. If that would get the horse loaded she wouldn't have needed help with the horse. I hate it when people try to treat thier horses like dogs or small children.
    LOL, no doubt...she said she had him in the house as a foal...
         
        03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
      #10
    Trained
    I'd like to talk to the vet that told her the horse was ******ed. I'm betting the only thing wrong with the horse is that stupid lady. I comend Buck for not getting the horse just enough gentle to get someone killed.
    COWCHICK77 and Ladytrails like this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Buck Ink Horse Talk 14 01-20-2012 12:30 AM
    Buck sthomas523 Movies, Music, and TV 3 10-17-2011 06:58 PM
    met Buck appy rider 4 life Horse Pictures 1 02-05-2009 03:50 PM
    My First Buck Brandon Horse Riding 15 09-19-2008 08:41 PM
    First Buck!! Small_Town_Girl Horse Riding 12 07-28-2008 10:18 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0