Eric Bravo Natural Horsemanship
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Natural Horsemanship

Eric Bravo Natural Horsemanship

This is a discussion on Eric Bravo Natural Horsemanship within the Natural Horsemanship forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Natural horsemanship with eric bravo
  • Erticbravo

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-16-2011, 07:08 PM
  #1
Foal
Eric Bravo Natural Horsemanship

Horse Training Videos.

Anyone have any experience with Eric Bravos methods of Natural Horsemanship training? It seems a little easier to follow and not as involved as Parelli. Although they are basically the same program. Definitley cheaper than Parelli.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-16-2011, 08:21 PM
  #2
Weanling
Is it really way cheaper. I'm not sure I agree since the cost of parelliconnect.com is very comparable. The program lists many of the same skills that you learn in Parelli but what does strike me is the quality of the production. The Parellis have spent a lot of money producing high quality video production and really well organized learning material. I wonder if Eric's is the same - you should buy and report back
     
    03-16-2011, 09:43 PM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovedOne    
Is it really way cheaper. I'm not sure I agree since the cost of parelliconnect.com is very comparable. The program lists many of the same skills that you learn in Parelli but what does strike me is the quality of the production. The Parellis have spent a lot of money producing high quality video production and really well organized learning material. I wonder if Eric's is the same - you should buy and report back
Yes, I have Parelli connect. I have enjoyed the videos there. But you really get just a tease. The videos for level one are mostly around only 10 minutes long. Not really any riding instruction. I think its just to get you interested so you will buy the very expensive DVD program.
     
    03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
  #4
Weanling
Oh I thought that for $25/month you got the whole level 1. Then you can buy the remaining disks for $100 each. There is also the success series which is only $50 each. I think Eric Bravo charges over $100 for his DVD.
     
    03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovedOne    
Oh I thought that for $25/month you got the whole level 1. Then you can buy the remaining disks for $100 each. There is also the success series which is only $50 each. I think Eric Bravo charges over $100 for his DVD.
$25 a month X 12 months, there are 4 levels. Levels 2-4, $120.00 a apiece (if your a savy member)= $660.00. Eric Bravos entire training program on DVD,$79.95. Don't get me wrong I love the Parelli program, but I think Erics program is a option we should look at. Just because his videos are not the quality of Parelli doesent mean his training should not be noticed.
     
    03-17-2011, 10:57 PM
  #6
Weanling
OK wormy if you want to do the Eric Bravo then by all means but what you are saying about Parelli is completely wrong. Parelli connect is $25 and you can cancel in the first month. The DVDs are level 1/2 is $100, level 3 is $100 and level 4 is $100. So that is $300 not 660. Let's get the facts straight. I am not only talking about production quality but I am also talking about the program's educational quality I.e. The way the program is taught and whether or not it conveys the material so that the majority of people will understand. That is also really important. But as I said originally please go buy and report back.
     
    03-18-2011, 05:49 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovedOne    
OK wormy if you want to do the Eric Bravo then by all means but what you are saying about Parelli is completely wrong. Parelli connect is $25 and you can cancel in the first month. The DVDs are level 1/2 is $100, level 3 is $100 and level 4 is $100. So that is $300 not 660. Let's get the facts straight. I am not only talking about production quality but I am also talking about the program's educational quality I.e. The way the program is taught and whether or not it conveys the material so that the majority of people will understand. That is also really important. But as I said originally please go buy and report back.
Maybe you should check the prices again.Levels Pathway. Not a big deal. Im going to watch some of his videos. I think its good to absorb as much from as many trainers as possible. Ill let yall know about the quality.
     
    03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
  #8
Weanling
OK so I did go and check the prices again. Level1/2 is one item not two. The price I quoted is if you're a member of the club which is pretty cheap and I think you can cancel at anytime. I rounded to $100 but anyway it is $120 * 3 = $360 buckaroos

I agree that learning from different sources is a good idea but if Eric Bravo is just teaching the same thing as Parelli then I don't really see the point. His website is nothing to look at either.
     
    03-18-2011, 06:22 PM
  #9
Weanling
Just to point it out Eric's DVD set is $99.95. 17 lessons for $99.95 which is not very clear to me what that means and is therefore hard to compare to the Parelli levels program. But anyways....
     
    03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
  #10
Weanling
I just watched the video clip of Eric teaching a horse to lead. I think the video is really bad quality and therefore it makes it hard to see. As you mentioned earlier this is no problem for you but this would be a huge problem for me. I have to be able to see clearly or I know that I wouldn't be learning all the things that I would want to. The next thing and potentially the more important criticism I have is that Eric is no where near as good as Pat or some of the Parelli professionals. No comparison. But it's always interesting to see what else is out there. I know I spent money on some DVDs from a guy in California which were cheap and what a mistake that was. I just ended throwing them away.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0