Friendship Training = strange.
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Natural Horsemanship

Friendship Training = strange.

This is a discussion on Friendship Training = strange. within the Natural Horsemanship forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Powered by vBulletin don't walk away
  • Friendship Training cult

Like Tree212Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-15-2012, 09:54 AM
  #1
Foal
Cool Friendship Training = strange.

Hi all, I was as curious as a cat about what the "FT" was all about, and got sent an application/registration form. To be honest, it just seems to be a bit much....the list is so long, (regarding all the per-pre-pre work), and then ~ you get to this:

"*Failing to send daily email reports the first thirty days of actual FTXs, (after the Preconditioning Phase) will result in immediate expulsion from the course with no refund."

Oh great, I get to love my horse, but get kicked to the side of the curb if I miss daily reports.

Doesn't this sound a bit to restrictive to you? I have a creepy feeling about this, but then again, I may be to harsh ~ as I have a whole angus beef farm to run, and 5 gardens, just because I want to be friends with my horse.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-15-2012, 10:43 AM
  #2
Started
If I had to pay, I would expect them to do the daily report! I think FT is a bunch of hooey, but if someone wants to try it and it works for them....go for it! I prefer to be the leader.
     
    06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
  #3
Green Broke
I have never heard of "Friendship Training"!
What is the theory behind it?
     
    06-15-2012, 11:05 AM
  #4
Showing
You must be FRIENDS with your horsies and never, ever expect them to do something they don't want, Cowchick. You can't FORCE them, they must WANT to work, or you must let them walk away and come back only when they're ready!

Um, yeah. I don't THINK so!

I'm alpha; my horses do what I say, when I say we do it. They don't seem to have an issue with that, since that's how herd hierarchy works.
     
    06-15-2012, 11:06 AM
  #5
Showing
I....went to their site once. Omg... it was like some freaky cult craziness.

Have you watched The Room? Because you will know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the crazy people and the objects.. except this is horses and people.

Not my thing.. at all. I'm a friend to my horse, but I'm also his mentor and most importantly, leader of the herd.

He gets that, and we do fine. But have at it, if you'd like to.

Go ahead:
http://www.friendshiptraining.org/word_from_horse.html
     
    06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
  #6
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
You must be FRIENDS with your horsies and never, ever expect them to do something they don't want, Cowchick. You can't FORCE them, they must WANT to work, or you must let them walk away and come back only when they're ready!

Um, yeah. I don't THINK so!

I'm alpha; my horses do what I say, when I say we do it. They don't seem to have an issue with that, since that's how herd hierarchy works.
Bah ha ha ha ha!!! Ok....awesome....no Kool Aid for me.....
     
    06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
  #7
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
I....went to their site once. Omg... it was like some freaky cult craziness.

Have you watched The Room? Because you will know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the crazy people and the objects.. except this is horses and people.

Not my thing.. at all. I'm a friend to my horse, but I'm also his mentor and most importantly, leader of the herd.

He gets that, and we do fine. But have at it, if you'd like to.

Go ahead:
http://www.friendshiptraining.org/word_from_horse.html
Sky...I am scared to click on that link....LOL!
     
    06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
  #8
Banned
It's a good site to read if you want to laugh. I try to stay open minded about what works for certain people; but I'm sorry this is the one thing I just can't help but all over.
     
    06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
  #9
Showing
Oh come on guys, you don't think you can love 'em and squeeze 'em until they want to cut a cow or do a sliding stop or jump a line flawlessly? If only it were that easy.
     
    06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
  #10
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77    
Sky...I am scared to click on that link....LOL!
LOL Sorry but no really. At first glance it's not bad. But then you start reading it.. and it's... o_O lol.

I didn't get a warning, so count yourself lucky!

I think some of the videos are bad too (as in, wth am I watching) they have good intentions though.. just.. delivery...
Tianimalz and Ripplewind like this.
     

Tags
friends, friendship training

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friendship Training does work FrancesB Natural Horsemanship 75 05-16-2012 05:11 PM
Friendship Training ????? Spyder Horse Training 125 10-12-2011 09:02 AM
Friendship Training? taylormadechief Natural Horsemanship 4 09-08-2011 05:23 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0