Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
I'm not oppossed to this at all. As long as it's in the right hands of an experienced person, there's nothing wrong. I would never use one on my horse, or my aunts gelding because they are great horses. However, the other gelding, Pecho...I'd throw one on him in a heartbeat. He constantly destroys his stall and stall door just because another horse walks in past him, or if another horse is in cross ties right next to him.
Kitten Val: You posted something about if anyone has every tried a shock collar on themselves? I do...all the time! If we get a new shock collar, I always test it myself, and adjust it to where I think it is best. I've tested many different types of shock collars from level 1 to level 10. Yea, it hurts pretty good, but I only set it to where I can handle it because my dogs don't need anything past what I can handle because they're generally good dogs. Even if they hear the beeping of it before it shocks, they freak out and go where they know they won't get in trouble. As for horses, I'm not sure if I'd try one of those collars, if the voltage is much higher than that of a dog's shock collar, than I could easily hurt myself...or worse. Even if you touch an electric fence you can kill yourself. It doesn't take much voltage to do it. So...yea...I'm not sure if I'd try out the horses shock collar lol
- If today was your last day, and tomorrow was too late, could you say goodbye to yesterday?