Parelli Level 4 Finesse.. what do you see??? - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Natural Horsemanship

Parelli Level 4 Finesse.. what do you see???

This is a discussion on Parelli Level 4 Finesse.. what do you see??? within the Natural Horsemanship forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Level 4 finesse pass

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-28-2010, 11:47 PM
  #21
Started
Yes, I am sure ;)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    04-29-2010, 01:41 AM
  #22
Started
Easily proven, the 20/80 rule of PP..

Simply find out from PP materials/call or write to them if you can't find the subject in the materials. Re: "contact" rein diminishing horses' mouths, the proof of the veracity of the statement is given only by the horse itself! The only way one is going to know anything for sure is to listen to & learn from the horse! Tom Dorrance said that everything he learned, he learned from the horse! You might ask why I post, then: I post in the hope that people will check out a subject of horsemanship with their horses, because they care enough about them to want to be 100% sure that they're doing the right thing with them.
     
    04-29-2010, 01:48 AM
  #23
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern    
Simply find out from PP materials/call or write to them if you can't find the subject in the materials. Re: "contact" rein diminishing horses' mouths, the proof of the veracity of the statement is given only by the horse itself! The only way one is going to know anything for sure is to listen to & learn from the horse! Tom Dorrance said that everything he learned, he learned from the horse! You might ask why I post, then: I post in the hope that people will check out a subject of horsemanship with their horses, because they care enough about them to want to be 100% sure that they're doing the right thing with them.
I'm sorry, I still do not understand at all why you think that a horse being on contact diminishes the horse's mouth...? In English disciplines, the horse is expected to accept and actually seek the rider's contact - it is considered correct. We are not punishing our horses, we do listen to our horses. I am wondering if YOU yourself have resources that prove that a horse being on contact is detrimental?
     
    04-29-2010, 02:43 AM
  #24
Started
I can only ask you to re-read my post - the horse will show you if you listen - plus repeat what I said in prior post that what passes as "contact" is so often in fact interference with the horse's movement & energy, rollkur being an extreme & therefore obvious example of that. I didn't say, nor am I of the opinion, that there's no place for proper in-hand riding! Why are you telling me that you do listen to your horse? Saying it proves nothing! Rather than telling me you love your horse, see to it that he knows it!
     
    04-29-2010, 06:47 AM
  #25
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern    
- the horse will show you if you listen -
Deal! I will go with that.

When I add leg to my horse the first thing he does is reach for the bit. Looking for contact. Even if my reins are long.

So, I am listening. He has told me. Pushes from behind, rounds his back and looks for contact.
     
    04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
  #26
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern    
I can only ask you to re-read my post - the horse will show you if you listen - plus repeat what I said in prior post that what passes as "contact" is so often in fact interference with the horse's movement & energy, rollkur being an extreme & therefore obvious example of that. I didn't say, nor am I of the opinion, that there's no place for proper in-hand riding! Why are you telling me that you do listen to your horse? Saying it proves nothing! Rather than telling me you love your horse, see to it that he knows it!
I am oh-so-very confused with your posts, Northern.... I have no idea what we're talking about. Rollkur is not correct contact. I'm not talking about extreme contact, as that is not correct. Correct contact is in no way detrimental to the horse, nor does it hinder movement whatsoever.
The reason I said something about my horse is that you asked it of me...
     
    04-29-2010, 11:33 AM
  #27
Super Moderator
I thought it was a cute horse and not a bad ride. Not overly impressive but it was pleasent to watch. That horse has a lot more training then just natural horsemanship. If you look closely he's actually got some spur training going on. I see nothing wrong with mixing training techniques which is what this rider is doing.
     
    04-29-2010, 11:36 AM
  #28
Showing
Even though she is riding with contact, he looks like he has been trained more western than english. Some of how he moves reminds me of WP training.
     
    04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
  #29
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
i don't ride english but I do believe there is a huge difference between being "on the bit" like jdi said and having contact. A horse can be on the bit with the reins hanging slack, it is all a matter of training.
thank you!
     
    04-29-2010, 11:53 AM
  #30
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs
I don't ride english but I do believe there is a huge difference between being "on the bit" like jdi said and having contact. A horse can be on the bit with the reins hanging slack, it is all a matter of training
I'm quoting this again, because smrobs had an excellent point in saying this -- Northern, this is what we're getting at.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level 1/ 2 Parelli Clinic Nov. 20-22 in PA RadHenry09 Natural Horsemanship 7 11-30-2009 09:31 PM
Parelli Level 1 Partnership DVD set savana Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 11-27-2009 07:38 PM
Parelli Level 1 dvd's savana Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 11-26-2008 09:26 PM
Parelli Level 1 DVDs Abby Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 11-25-2008 11:09 PM
Parelli Level one video unused savana Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 11-13-2008 05:20 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0