Parelli or not? - Page 21 - The Horse Forum

 191Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
Honestly Emily, I think YOU are the one who needs to reread you own posts. You want horses to be all natural, yada yada--and you own one....but somehow, what you do with yours isn't work? I have read them, and I even RE READ to make sure I try and "get it". A bit to liberal for my taste, and idealistic, and .........anyway-I am done. Argue your point with someone else.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......

Last edited by tinyliny; 03-13-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Personal insults
franknbeans is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #202 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 141
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Honestly Emily, I think YOU are the one who needs to reread you own posts.You want horses to be all natural, yada yada--and you own one....but somehow, what you do with yours isn't work? I have read them, and I even RE READ to make sure I try and "get it". A bit to liberal for my taste, and idealistic, and .........anyway-I am done. Argue your point with someone else.
I already said there is nothing left to discuss you will never agree with me and I will never agree with you. Agree to disagree.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by tinyliny; 03-13-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: removed reference to insult
EmilyRosie is offline  
post #203 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 141
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 View Post
Perhaps I am going on a bit of a rant, and not thinking sentences through. My point is that, we all care about our horses. We wouldn't be here if we didn't have horses. Just because some of us use our horses differently than you doesn't mean we don't care for them. They enjoy their "jobs" whatever definition you want to give it. And some of us don't chase cattle recreationaly( you said this was a different subject, but I am going there because it is related)it is our job to put beef on the table. While you don't eat beef you use a byproduct whether you want to admit it or not. Your right, I don't like PP, but I don't disagree with NH. It is the way its marketed...
Posted via Mobile Device
Well I already said that I disagree with the recreational roping/chasing cows.

Ask not what your horse can do for you, but what you can do for your horse.
EmilyRosie is offline  
post #204 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 141
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
This is what they know. They know about working and they love it. They have never known any different. My broodmares get ticked this time of year b/c they stop getting worked. The saddle does not fit them any more. They will start getting worked again in a few months.

Again I am not sure why you seem to think that we do not care about our horses. As you are so fond of saying READ what is typed.

You seem to think that materialistic things are what makes your horse happy. What about a relationship with you? Yeah I don't have a big reaction the first time my horse does something, then what about if a horse tries to kick you? You have the same reaction as if they nuzzle you? That doesn't make sense. Why do you need me to agree with you so badly? I'm saying lets agree to disagree. Why can't you? Why do you need me to agree with you so badly? I have my opinion and you have yours.

Ask not what your horse can do for you, but what you can do for your horse.
EmilyRosie is offline  
post #205 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 478
• Horses: 2
EmilyRosie I bet you love your horses. And I bet nrhareiner loves her horses too. There are different types of love though dear, and I agree with you 100% that the secret to a happy horse is a balanced situation for the animal. I will say that I deal with horses a lot and the ones that truly are the most unhappy (if we were to label it) are the ones who's owners DON'T give them structured activities to release all of the energy our man-made diets give them...and then to make matters worse we confine them. THIS IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE. You have 1200 + pounds of pure lean muscle that is itching to go. It wants to move about, it needs to forage for its food, it needs to kick up it's heels and run full speed and get those muscles pumping and that heart pounding OTHERWISE that energy gets displaced on things and on people. That energy can turn into aggression, it can turn into destructive vices such as cribbing, pacing, weaving. The horses body is designed to move to be active. And when you learn about horse psychology you learn that through "working" your horse, moving those feet, engaging their minds you ARE bonding. It is the healthiest and most effective way of bonding with your horse. Be it groundwork or saddlework it is all just ways to burn off that pent up energy. A horse that is worked IS bonding the whole time. It is paying attention, it is listening, it is respecting and a good horseman/horsewoman is listening and paying attention to their horse too or they won't be successful at whatever "work" they do. They are a team.
nrhareiner likes this.
herdbound is offline  
post #206 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyRosie View Post
, then what about if a horse tries to kick you?
Well I would not know as my horses have never tried to kick me. They know better just like Gracie and Mia know better then to try and kick Cassie.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #207 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 141
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
Well I would not know as my horses have never tried to kick me. They know better just like Gracie and Mia know better then to try and kick Cassie.
You ignored everything else I just said.

Ask not what your horse can do for you, but what you can do for your horse.
EmilyRosie is offline  
post #208 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyRosie View Post
You seem to think that materialistic things are what makes your horse happy. What about a relationship with you? Well lets see. As I have stated meny times. My horses come running to the gate or barn when I go out. They put their head in their halter when asked. When I come in the barn they stop what ever they are doing including eating to stick their head out to eat. So ya I think they like me and want my attention when I go out to see them. Even Cassie would stop eating when I went into her stall at the trainers regardless of how long it had been since I was last up there. Yeah I don't have a big reaction the first time my horse does something, then what about if a horse tries to kick you? See it not so much how big the reaction is it is the fact that you get your point accoss the first time. I do not like to pick on a horse. There are some hills I will not die on and other I will. I find that correct the bahaivor the first time then you do not have to do it again there is no knit picking on the horse. You have the same reaction as if they nuzzle you? That doesn't make sense. Sure it dose. A bad behaivor is a bad behavior. Why do you need me to agree with you so badly? I'm saying lets agree to disagree. Why can't you? Why do you need me to agree with you so badly? I have my opinion and you have yours.
Since you seem to want a response here is it. I do not care if you agree with me or not. I am simple replying to what you have typed. Would not want any impressionable kid to get the wrong info and idea. Past that I could care less what you do or do not do. The fact is that horses like to work it fun for them they enjoy it. Plane and simple. Horses are bred to work same as dogs or any other demestic animal. Just b/c you choise not to do the same things with your animals does not make this any less of a fact.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #209 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 141
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
Since you seem to want a response here is it. I do not care if you agree with me or not. I am simple replying to what you have typed. Would not want any impressionable kid to get the wrong info and idea. Past that I could care less what you do or do not do. The fact is that horses like to work it fun for them they enjoy it. Plane and simple. Horses are bred to work same as dogs or any other demestic animal. Just b/c you choise not to do the same things with your animals does not make this any less of a fact.
There have been a number of times that I debate even responding to a post on on this thread. I am not going to battle this anymore because you get nasty when you think the other person has a point. I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe yes, plain and simple. No, horses should not be bred for work once domesticated. The "Just b/c you choose not to do the same things with your animals does not make this any less of a fact." didn't really make sense. Not an impressionable kid. I think I covered everything.

Ask not what your horse can do for you, but what you can do for your horse.
EmilyRosie is offline  
post #210 of 218 Old 03-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 334
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Honestly Emily, I think YOU are the one who needs to reread you own posts. You are an idealistic liberal who talks out of both sides of her face. You want horses to be all natural, yada yada--and you own one....but somehow, what you do with yours isn't work? I have read them, and I even RE READ to make sure I try and "get it". A bit to liberal for my taste, and idealistic, and .........anyway-I am done. Argue your point with someone else.
Yikes... that was very offensive!
RoosHuman is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
help me! , horse , natural horsemanship , parelli

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parelli Hackamore/Parelli Collection clothing snootyfox Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 12-11-2011 11:48 AM
Anti-parelli. This proves it! Parelli is a rip off and... Nature2horses Natural Horsemanship 3 03-16-2010 11:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome