What is your opinion on Parelli? - Page 18
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Natural Horsemanship

What is your opinion on Parelli?

This is a discussion on What is your opinion on Parelli? within the Natural Horsemanship forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Parelli crook

Like Tree3Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-25-2011, 05:35 PM
  #171
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by slc    
It more sounds like you're just mad that I criticized a hero of yours? These are really more like rhetorical questions or even 'you're a dope' questions, LOL.
I'm not angry. I really just wanted to know who you do respect since I heard who don't respect - I was just curious nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc    
"Warmblood horses are really hard to fix once they're messed up".

Not any more than any other active, smart horse is hard to fix. And if the horse isn't a problem til he works on it, that's a problem with him, not the horse.
Seriously... I find warmbloods the most hyper-sensitive and then aggressive horses of all the various breeds I've handled. I find that if mistakes are made they better not be serious mistakes or else someone will pay. They are not very forgiving and then so athletic that it'll knock your socks right out of the ball park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc    
You asked for opinions. I told you mine.
I did. I assume you're addressing me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc    
I am not in the least concerned if anyone doesn't agree with me. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe.
Totally.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
  #172
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartscontent    
Trust me I see many terrible horse training techniques, all non involving any Parelli. Many people ride with harsh bits, spurs, and gadgets on their horses. What makes them better than Parelli folks?
You and I must live in the same area
     
    02-25-2011, 05:55 PM
  #173
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Delete.    
I slightly annoys me when people bash Parelli, unless he is doing something abusive to the horse shut your mouth! He has worked hard and made a very good living building his training business which is more then any of us have ever done. I think he deserves alot more credit and respect then people give him. He's not perfect but neither are any of you. He's just trying to survive in the industry like any trainer. He has his way and you have yours. Plain and simple.
Agreed. There is a lot worse out there. Is PP a super human - no he's just a human. His program is a framework and is only as good as the person using the methods, principles etc. He doesn't advocate abusive methods so my hat is off to anyone like that
     
    02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
  #174
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovedOne    
Agreed. There is a lot worse out there. Is PP a super human - no he's just a human. His program is a framework and is only as good as the person using the methods, principles etc. He doesn't advocate abusive methods so my hat is off to anyone like that
i found his display with Catwalk 100% abusive. And a vulgar display of power.
     
    02-25-2011, 07:20 PM
  #175
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite    
i found his display with Catwalk 100% abusive. And a vulgar display of power.
IMO he did what he felt was necessary to get the job done. I don't find it to be abuse at all. Maybe a little over the top but certainly not abuse

What do you think of twitching then? Or hobbling a horse? Perhaps tying a horse's leg up? The majority of the big names in the horse industry do use aids such as that an when used correctly they can be very effective. So what if you don't like it, then don't use it plain and simple. Complaining about it does no good.

An AQHA judge once told me that "the people watching the class are always experts and will be the first ones to tell me that I'm wrong". And its so true, you go to a horse show and listen to people talk about how someone is riding a horse wrong or how the judge is stupid and has no idea what he's doing.

Just shut up already. Clearly he is a remarkable horseman and has made him self a million dollar industry because of it. If you don't like his methods then that's fine you don't have to. To each is own.

I'm tired of these endless Parelli debates on here. If you don't like him cool, you can't please everyone
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    02-25-2011, 07:26 PM
  #176
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite    
. Please save your condescension, mother-henning, and other drivel for those not capable of critical, independent thought. WOW! It obviously is a failed tactic here. WOW! We see the abuse, the sham, the over priced tools, the crook-like mentality of a program gone wrong. No matter how hard you try to twist it, WOW!bottom line, it's a marketing ploy. If I were you, I guess I would also vehemently defend it, as you are probably embarrassed that you have allowed yourself to become a victim of a scam.WOW! Just WOW!
O-kaaay! I spoke too soon in saying that we're all trying to be constructive here.

I'll leave your venomous words for mods to decide if they were deserved.
     
    02-25-2011, 07:32 PM
  #177
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Delete.    
IMO he did what he felt was necessary to get the job done. I don't find it to be abuse at all. Maybe a little over the top but certainly not abuse

What do you think of twitching then? Or hobbling a horse? Perhaps tying a horse's leg up? The majority of the big names in the horse industry do use aids such as that an when used correctly they can be very effective. So what if you don't like it, then don't use it plain and simple. Complaining about it does no good.

An AQHA judge once told me that "the people watching the class are always experts and will be the first ones to tell me that I'm wrong". And its so true, you go to a horse show and listen to people talk about how someone is riding a horse wrong or how the judge is stupid and has no idea what he's doing.

Just shut up already. Clearly he is a remarkable horseman and has made him self a million dollar industry because of it. If you don't like his methods then that's fine you don't have to. To each is own.

I'm tired of these endless Parelli debates on here. If you don't like him cool, you can't please everyone
Posted via Mobile Device
Shut up?? What are you 3 years old?

The reason the Catwalk issue was so controversial..is because it directly contradicts his entire philosophy. The definition of "Natural Horsemanship" states: "Natural horsemanship is the philosophy of working with horses by appealing to their instincts and herd mentality. It involves communication techniques derived from wild horse observation in order to build a partnership that closely resembles the relationships that exist between horses." I've never seen wild horses hobbling/twitching one another..have you?

If you don't like Parelli debates, stop participating in them/reading them. If you put yourself in the public eye, the public will form their opinions, as they are entitled. As a public figure I am sure he and his wife are aware of this and care less than you do about what people say about them on an internet forum.
     
    02-25-2011, 07:33 PM
  #178
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern    
O-kaaay! I spoke too soon in saying that we're all trying to be constructive here.

I'll leave your venomous words for mods to decide if they were deserved.
Venomous? Seriously? I am sure you will be ok.

Edited to Add: I went back and read many other comments that say virtually the same thing (scam, sham, waste of money, cruel, marketing ploy, etc etc.)
     
    02-25-2011, 07:55 PM
  #179
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite    
Shut up?? What are you 3 years old?

The reason the Catwalk issue was so controversial..is because it directly contradicts his entire philosophy. The definition of "Natural Horsemanship" states: "Natural horsemanship is the philosophy of working with horses by appealing to their instincts and herd mentality. It involves communication techniques derived from wild horse observation in order to build a partnership that closely resembles the relationships that exist between horses." I've never seen wild horses hobbling/twitching one another..have you?

If you don't like Parelli debates, stop participating in them/reading them. If you put yourself in the public eye, the public will form their opinions, as they are entitled. As a public figure I am sure he and his wife are aware of this and care less than you do about what people say about them on an internet forum.
I said my peace, and I leave it at that. I agree there are flaws in his methods and "advertising". I also agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    02-25-2011, 08:01 PM
  #180
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite    
The reason the Catwalk issue was so controversial..is because it directly contradicts his entire philosophy.
I also wanted to point this out to Delete. Two issues were involved: one, flat-out, the way PP handled Catwalk, & two, the fact that PP had written in his bood that he won't use tools of force/restraint, such as twitches, & that they are "akin to rape".

Starlite, there's a big diff between critical words for PP & personal attack on me/my motives, which is what you engaged in.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parelli Lead, Horsemanship Lead, and Parelli Lunge Line For Sale Pro Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 09-13-2010 06:12 PM
Anti-parelli. This proves it! Parelli is a rip off and... Nature2horses Natural Horsemanship 3 03-16-2010 11:43 PM
hey parelli people, or people interested in parelli... Spirithorse Horse Training 15 10-20-2008 08:31 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0