Embarrassed after 1st ride, scared to try again.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > New to Horses

Embarrassed after 1st ride, scared to try again.

This is a discussion on Embarrassed after 1st ride, scared to try again. within the New to Horses forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • MALEJUNKPADDED

Like Tree42Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
  #1
Banned
Embarrassed after 1st ride, scared to try again.

A female friend of mine has been trying to get me to try riding for a while now, and I finally gave in. Her family owns a couple of horses and she is an avid rider. This was my first time on a horse. She was showing me a few moves and we were going pretty slowly on the horse until the horse all of a sudden came to a quick stop and I fell forward a bit and banged my man parts on the saddle.

I was so embarrassed and tried to hide that anything had happened. But I guess she somehow found out because right after it happened she mentioned that I might want to work tighty whitys to "keep it all in place so that wont happen", while laughing.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-03-2013, 09:08 PM
  #2
Yearling
She's right, you know.

But seriously: It happens. To all men. It's a fact of learning to ride, and as a female I can say she might tease you a bit but we totally understand the difficulties men face while riding and quite honestly I would be impressed if a guy learned to ride without ever banging his junk a few times.

So go get yourself some tighty whiteys, saddle up and try again! It's worth it in the end, I promise!
smrobs, AnrewPL, EliRose and 6 others like this.
     
    10-03-2013, 09:15 PM
  #3
Foal
I was on my friends horse and she thought it would be funny to make the horse trot.
So the horse started to bounce me and it hurt because I didn't know how to sit.
You will do fine. I really didn't want to ride after that but here I am just trying again this year and if I was you I would watch your friend some more well she rides and find out why the horse stopped.
     
    10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
  #4
Banned
But do tighty whitys make that much of a difference? Its not like they are padded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox    
She's right, you know.

But seriously: It happens. To all men. It's a fact of learning to ride, and as a female I can say she might tease you a bit but we totally understand the difficulties men face while riding and quite honestly I would be impressed if a guy learned to ride without ever banging his junk a few times.

So go get yourself some tighty whiteys, saddle up and try again! It's worth it in the end, I promise!
     
    10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
  #5
Banned
Thanks, I think she was just messing with me, but it was still pretty embarrassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunhorse    
I was on my friends horse and she thought it would be funny to make the horse trot.
So the horse started to bounce me and it hurt because I didn't know how to sit.
You will do fine. I really didn't want to ride after that but here I am just trying again this year and if I was you I would watch your friend some more well she rides and find out why the horse stopped.
     
    10-03-2013, 09:20 PM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsenewbie2013    
but do tighty whitys make that much of a difference? Its not like they are padded
Compared to boxers? From what I've heard, yes. It keeps things tucked out of the way as opposed to being loose and free.

I'm not a guy, but that seems to be a common suggestion when one of these threads comes along. You'll get better as you learn to sit properly, too.
smrobs and Dustbunny like this.
     
    10-03-2013, 09:22 PM
  #7
Banned
But its a common thing to tease male riders about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox    
Compared to boxers? From what I've heard, yes. It keeps things tucked out of the way as opposed to being loose and free.

I'm not a guy, but that seems to be a common suggestion when one of these threads comes along. You'll get better as you learn to sit properly, too.
     
    10-03-2013, 09:41 PM
  #8
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsenewbie2013    
But its a common thing to tease male riders about?
I don't know any male riders in person to tease, so I couldn't tell you. Common or no she's kidding around with you, not being snarky or rude (at least not intentionally).
     
    10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
  #9
Banned
I don't think she was trying to be mean about it or something, but the way she was acting was like it couldnt have hurt very much you barely bumped yourself or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox    
I don't know any male riders in person to tease, so I couldn't tell you. Common or no she's kidding around with you, not being snarky or rude (at least not intentionally).
     
    10-03-2013, 10:02 PM
  #10
Foal
Would you have liked it if she made a huge deal about it and not just turned it into a joke to make you less embarrassed? If it happened to my boyfriend or any guy riding that I knew I probably would have turned it into a joke.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st ride on Aidan LetAGrlShowU Horse Pictures 7 07-26-2011 11:40 PM
1st Night ride, 4th bareback ride, 8th ride total Britt Horse Training 5 11-21-2010 10:03 PM
1st little ride on William speedy da fish Horse Riding 7 12-07-2009 03:27 PM
1st Ride PIctures jsark Horse Pictures 11 05-04-2009 02:14 AM
Taylors 1st ride ... kchfuller Horse Pictures 4 04-04-2009 01:57 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0