Unfortunately he has no pasture access. We're trying to buy a house with irrigated land so if we can make that happen, he'll have that. We'll be buying within the next couple months.
I do think his teeth need to be done, like yesterday. I've resigned myself to having one of the local vets do it, but the current one wanted to get his health issues under control first. He has a mild resp. infection and apparently a mild case of anhidrosis (sp?). I'm on pins and needles awaiting bloodwork results and hoping there isn't anything worse going on.
There's one more vet I've heard recommended and I'd like to have her out to do an estimate on the teeth. Maybe *she'll* be willing to get it done, and fast. She is a pain management expert too and he's definitely a happier boy since he's been getting bute.