Male friend and I both knew to riding, he claims its easier for men to ride because.. - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > New to Horses

Male friend and I both knew to riding, he claims its easier for men to ride because..

This is a discussion on Male friend and I both knew to riding, he claims its easier for men to ride because.. within the New to Horses forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree59Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-20-2013, 07:42 PM
      #11
    Started
    Your male friend is just a gunsel spouting off, perhaps to compensate for his own insecurities about horsemanship. Dr. Deb Bennett did a study on which gender riding is easier for, all very scientific (pelvis shape, etc.), so you might want to read her take on it at her site. I don't recall her conclusion, but the truth is that all are gunsels at the start, all must put in many hours (read years) into becoming true horsemen (tendons & ligaments must in fact stretch to accommodate a secure, balanced seat, over TIME), & that both genders have proven to be capable of becoming truly fine riders.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
      #12
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rancherTX2013    
    Male friend and I both knew to riding, he claims its easier for men to ride because women are going to have so much more bouncing than men

    LOL - It is true that women bounce in the saddle more than men but not because of that. The shape of a woman's pelvis makes riding harder for them.
         
        10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
      #13
    Started
    Try not to fall off your horse when his makes an unexpected STOP.
         
        10-20-2013, 07:55 PM
      #14
    Banned
    Why would I fall off my horse?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyDreamer    
    Try not to fall off your horse when his makes an unexpected STOP.
         
        10-20-2013, 07:56 PM
      #15
    Banned
    Thanks, he is one of those know it all people

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northern    
    Your male friend is just a gunsel spouting off, perhaps to compensate for his own insecurities about horsemanship. Dr. Deb Bennett did a study on which gender riding is easier for, all very scientific (pelvis shape, etc.), so you might want to read her take on it at her site. I don't recall her conclusion, but the truth is that all are gunsels at the start, all must put in many hours (read years) into becoming true horsemen (tendons & ligaments must in fact stretch to accommodate a secure, balanced seat, over TIME), & that both genders have proven to be capable of becoming truly fine riders.
         
        10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
      #16
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rancherTX2013    
    Why would I fall off my horse?
    From laughing so hard! The second he lands wrong, I will give you a cookie if you are not rolling.
    smrobs and EvilHorseOfDoom like this.
         
        10-20-2013, 08:03 PM
      #17
    Banned
    Oh Yea if he fell off the horse I'd probably laugh! Although I havent seen that happen yet

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyDreamer    
    From laughing so hard! The second he lands wrong, I will give you a cookie if you are not rolling.
         
        10-20-2013, 08:28 PM
      #18
    Green Broke
    It's not "harder" but you need to learn more before you do it.

    However, I think they're refer to the bounce factor, which can hurt men if they don't have a secure seat as they can be sort of "thrown around" a little.

    In the lower levels of horse riding then tend to be far more female riders and no one seems to have long term problems with their breasts. Something you might want to consider is saddles. In my experience some saddles seem to be better designed for women, and others for men. I find I like saddles with a narrower twist, where as I've heard men often prefer wider twists.
         
        10-20-2013, 08:32 PM
      #19
    Banned
    His argument is men don't have to worry at all about the bounce factor because they don't have breasts

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saskia    
    It's not "harder" but you need to learn more before you do it.

    However, I think they're refer to the bounce factor, which can hurt men if they don't have a secure seat as they can be sort of "thrown around" a little.

    In the lower levels of horse riding then tend to be far more female riders and no one seems to have long term problems with their breasts. Something you might want to consider is saddles. In my experience some saddles seem to be better designed for women, and others for men. I find I like saddles with a narrower twist, where as I've heard men often prefer wider twists.
         
        10-20-2013, 08:38 PM
      #20
    Foal
    I just gotta comment on this one.... I've seen great female riders and I seen great male riders, but as a man I must admit, a bouncy ride isn't enjoyable at all for the "guys" any more then the bounce is for you ladys. Tell ya' male friend his day of reckoning is coming !!!!!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Do Plus Sized Men Ride Drafts? Red Gate Farm Plus Sized Riders 4 08-15-2013 10:40 PM
    Riding Boots - Who Knew? MyBoyPuck Jumping 11 07-01-2009 03:34 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0