1. A real tour of the facility (good and bad) by the owner;
2. Trainers available 7 days a week;
3. Vet / Farrier care at the facility (and they use my vet);
4. Everyone is supper friendly to me and engages with me on a real basis -- they really want to know about me and my horse;
5. They turn out single horses daily. If you let them know you are not available for several days, they will work my horse for me;
6. I am new to horse ownership and they have given me sound advice; and
7. They have weekly group BBQ's and ride outs (BYO meat and side and the facility provides the rest).
It is a great atmosphere and my horse hasn't even started boarding until tomorrow. Even after showing up to do an impromptu visit, the other 2 facilities didn't return calls and didn't sound interested in getting my business. I feel fortunate ... and very happy/