So I'm at my wits end with my one cat, Ky (it's always the one you're closest to that gives you the most trouble). A couple of weeks ago I noticed we were starting to get low on cat food so I picked up a bag of the same brand, different flavor cat food that we usually feed to our cats. About 2 weeks ago their food ran out so we just switched them over to the new stuff. Suddenly I began to notice that Ky was throwing up his food (the other cat was fine). At first I assumed it was because of the rapid food change and the introduction of a new ingredient - beef. I quickly ran out and purchased a bag of the same stuff they had previously been on.
In the past, I noticed that Ky would sometimes scarf down his food quickly in order to be let upstairs. I thought that perhaps separating him from the other cat for awhile during feeding time and feeding him upstairs from a flat dish might help. The throwing up chunks of cat food seemed to cease there for a little while but his stomach still seemed to be irritated as he would still occasionally throw up bile. For about a week he would eat (though not as much), keep the food down, and still occasionally throw up bile. During this time I noticed that he still appeared to be using the litter box too.
Now the beginning of the weekend here I noticed that he was showing no interest in food and that when he would drink water, he would throw it back up in the form of bile (usually an indication of an empty stomach). I kept a close eye on him out of fear of dehydration. It's at the point now were he has absolutely no interest in food at all and I've tried practically everything; wet cat food, cat treats, chicken, raw egg, scrambled egg, mild mint tea (to ease the stomach), even steak (which he licked and I was hopeful, but did not eat). So far he still seems to have some energy and acts somewhat himself, yet he's turning up his nose at any food presented to him and he does seem a bit agitated. Something just doesn't seem right.
I can't decide if it's still just an upset, sensitive stomach or if something more serious is wrong (such as a blockage, U.I., tumor, etc). I have not noticed him using the litter box much, if at all, recently either. I do have a vet appointment scheduled for him tomorrow as that is the earliest they could get us in. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, or comments?
Here's a picture of the fella about 2 weeks ago when this first started and when I thought he was 'in the clear' and bouncing back.