*** Update on puppies ***
All are doing well, still up for adoption.
The original owner/breeder was found- Yes, the puppies are lab*. Yes, they said keep the puppies and find them homes.
Here's what I know (it's a little shaky, 'cause I don't speak spanish)
1) I saw the parents, both on site. One is a chocolate lab, the other is a black lab.
2) They appear to be from British (working dog) lines, rather than American (show) lines (stockier build, more working dog than the slimmer, "pretty" lines)
3) I couldn't really understand if the parents are registered or not, but I know the puppies aren't.
4) Puppies (as suspected) didn't have any vetting done.
5) Considering the language barrier and circumstance, I didn't even bother asking about hip dysplasia- but the parents (from what i could tell) didn't appear to show any signs that would peak suspicion, but considering the breed- I would be wary of it for any future adopters.
* Considering how they are kept, outside and without being fenced in, there may or may not be a different dog that "snuck in the back door" and contributed to the puppies daddy-hood.