How big will he get?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Other Pets

How big will he get?

This is a discussion on How big will he get? within the Other Pets forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • How big can a horse get
  • Chat Fold Scottish American Curl

Like Tree2Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-29-2012, 02:29 PM
  #1
Foal
How big will he get?

I have a kitten who is a few months now, maybe 5-6 not sure exactly.

I got him from our petting zoo we run in the summer were we find homes for accident kittens. I couldn't pass this guy up, we only had my 10 year old cat at the time so I said why not.

But you are reading this thinking I can talking about a normal kitten, lol. That the best part....

Meet Diego, I know he's not a extraordinarily amazing kitty.... but you have to admit I did good not letting him pass be by....




So on to my question..... How big do you think he could get? When does a kitten stop growing? He's probably a foot and a half long and 9 inches to his shoulder now.
HorseCrazyTeen likes this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  #2
Green Broke
I don't have an answer for you, but that is a very unique cat!
     
    11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
  #3
Green Broke
I love folded ears
No telling, really, just how big he will get, but it does seem he has a little growing left to do (that said, I have had them stop growing at 5-6 months too - ie my current midget kitty Darwin). Even if you had litter mates to reference it wouldn't be any real tell as you can have very different sizes w/in the same litter of kittens. He is adorable. He will likely be the 10+ pound range, they often level off as they start to hit kitty puberty, which he's about at the right age for that. Cats do most of their growing in that first 6 months.
     
    11-29-2012, 06:14 PM
  #4
Weanling
What a beautiful cat! Love the ears, so neat!

My 2 cats stopped growing when they were about a year old, they are a bit bigger cats, I would think your cat would be around the same size so 10-15 pounds.
My other cat is 2 years old, she is still the same size as she was when she was 5-6 months old, she is just a tiny thing! I call her my "tiddle mouse", she got very ill when I first got her so I am thinking that could have impacted her growing.
     
    12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by themacpack    
I love folded ears
No telling, really, just how big he will get, but it does seem he has a little growing left to do (that said, I have had them stop growing at 5-6 months too - ie my current midget kitty Darwin). Even if you had litter mates to reference it wouldn't be any real tell as you can have very different sizes w/in the same litter of kittens. He is adorable. He will likely be the 10+ pound range, they often level off as they start to hit kitty puberty, which he's about at the right age for that. Cats do most of their growing in that first 6 months.
We know the place he came from (He was a barn cat; the curled ears have been showing up in litters randomly around surrounding farms, thanks to one tom cat that's been around) and my best friend has his sister, who is not curled ears or bob tailed, but that's irrelevant, we are planning on getting him fixed soon, doesn't that effect growth? Just wondered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulford15    
What a beautiful cat! Love the ears, so neat!

My 2 cats stopped growing when they were about a year old, they are a bit bigger cats, I would think your cat would be around the same size so 10-15 pounds.
My other cat is 2 years old, she is still the same size as she was when she was 5-6 months old, she is just a tiny thing! I call her my "tiddle mouse", she got very ill when I first got her so I am thinking that could have impacted her growing.
yea, my other cat whose a long haired barn cat is upwards or 12-13 pounds, but our last cat we lost before was only little! All my neighbors cats (she a crazy cat lady, but not a unhealthy hoarder one) are huge and I see then hanging out together and wonder if he will ever get that big.

Thanks for the input everybody.
     
    12-04-2012, 01:02 AM
  #6
Yearling
He is gorgeous. Kind of looks like a folded and bobbed combination of my Makaio and my neighbor's Loki. A good weight is around 10 pounds if he's active. I wish to be spammed with more kitty cats.
     
    12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Bay    
He is gorgeous. Kind of looks like a folded and bobbed combination of my Makaio and my neighbor's Loki. A good weight is around 10 pounds if he's active. I wish to be spammed with more kitty cats.
lol, I love him, he's a big ham, he likes to be rocked like a baby; like he legit while you are sitting on the couch will force himself into your arms and then roll on his back and If you don't rock/shake him a little he bites you XD

But it was so weird, my vets office had no idea about him. I was very familiar with cats with curled ears or folded ears(which is different from what he has) just from watching animal planet, but they looked at him like they had no idea why he was like that... weird.
     
    12-05-2012, 05:01 PM
  #8
Weanling
He's definitely more of a "curl" than a "fold" Not that it really matters a whole lot since he's just a cutie...

American Curl


Scottish Fold
     
    12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
  #9
Started
I have no idea what size he will be but he sure is cute!
Glad you are getting him fixed soon. : )
     
    12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
  #10
Green Broke
Re your questions on neutering affecting size: It's been my experience that neutering does not minimize the size of the cat, if anything it seems to maximize their size. The neutered cats, of course, don't get the big thick tom cat neck.
     
Dog Forums

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0