My cats are driving my crazy! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Other Pets

My cats are driving my crazy!

This is a discussion on My cats are driving my crazy! within the Other Pets forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree4Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-15-2014, 08:56 PM
      #11
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirComet    
    How old are they? If they are just kittens, they do tend to settle down after they get to be a year old. We took in a pregnant stray. We found homes for two of them and the momma, but we got stuck with two of the other ones. They drive us insane, too!
    They are all around 2 years old now and all 5 of them are spayed.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-16-2014, 11:16 AM
      #12
    Weanling
    Do you know just which cat(s) are doing it? Can you tell if anybody is drinking more water than before?
    I have just always heard that any behavior change in a cat should be treated with a trip to the vet. Cats are so darn good at hiding illnesses that the change may be all you get until an illness has progressed too far.
    It is probably nothing but play, but it never hurts to check it out.
    My motto is; better safe than sorry.
         
        06-16-2014, 11:39 AM
      #13
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KsKatt    
    Do you know just which cat(s) are doing it? Can you tell if anybody is drinking more water than before?
    I have just always heard that any behavior change in a cat should be treated with a trip to the vet. Cats are so darn good at hiding illnesses that the change may be all you get until an illness has progressed too far.
    It is probably nothing but play, but it never hurts to check it out.
    My motto is; better safe than sorry.
    Thing is, I rarely see when they do it. It's like they make sure I'm not watching when they do it. I've caught 2 different cats doing it though.
         
        06-16-2014, 01:56 PM
      #14
    Weanling
    How long has it been since a regular vet visit; vaccinations, etc? If they are due then it would be time anyway.
    Do talk to your vet, next time you're there anyway, his/her opinion on vaccinating every year. I've been seeing research on how pets are vaccinated way more often than needed. Cats getting the sarcomas (I think), some kind of tumors on the injection sites.
         
        06-16-2014, 10:08 PM
      #15
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KsKatt    
    How long has it been since a regular vet visit; vaccinations, etc? If they are due then it would be time anyway.
    Do talk to your vet, next time you're there anyway, his/her opinion on vaccinating every year. I've been seeing research on how pets are vaccinated way more often than needed. Cats getting the sarcomas (I think), some kind of tumors on the injection sites.
    I currently don't have a vet because I just moved out of state. It's on my list of things to do. They all saw a vet and got their basic shots a little over a year ago. It's hard to find a decent vet. I find that most try to push blood work, xrays, etc for just yearly visits. It's ridiculous.
         
        06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
      #16
    Trained
    Well, at least it's a short drive
         
        06-16-2014, 10:25 PM
      #17
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    Well, at least it's a short drive
    lol you got me on that one!
         
        06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
      #18
    Weanling
    I still recommend finding rescues and shelters and asking who they use (vet) or who they recommend. That is the best way I have ever found to find a good vet, one that cares and is not in it for the $$.
         
        06-16-2014, 10:41 PM
      #19
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KsKatt    
    I still recommend finding rescues and shelters and asking who they use (vet) or who they recommend. That is the best way I have ever found to find a good vet, one that cares and is not in it for the $$.
    Good idea, never thought of that. Thanks for the advice!
    KsKatt likes this.
         
    Dog Forums

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New piglet is driving me crazy! Wildfire89 Other Pets 9 06-15-2014 03:29 PM
    Omh this is driving me crazy, picture help OutOfTheLoop General Off Topic Discussion 7 11-04-2012 02:58 PM
    few issues driving me crazy! wordstoasong Horse Training 5 08-27-2009 04:24 PM
    I'm driving myself crazy. Skyhuntress Horse Health 0 05-10-2009 11:35 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0