New addition to the snake family!
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Other Pets

New addition to the snake family!

This is a discussion on New addition to the snake family! within the Other Pets forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By LadyDreamer
    • 1 Post By Samstead
    • 1 Post By LadyDreamer

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
      #1
    Foal
    Talking New addition to the snake family!

    I just picked up this little guy this afternoon:





    It's a (suspect) male hypo/salmon boa constrictor! I've also got a female pastel boa, and three ball pythons (as well as geckos, tarantulas and scorpions).

    Anyone else on here keep reptiles or arachnids? :)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    I have a gecko hiding in my room...does hat count???
    Haha jk he's pretty awesome. How big is he supposed to get?
         
        07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
      #3
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roperchick    
    I have a gecko hiding in my room...does hat count???
    Haha jk he's pretty awesome. How big is he supposed to get?
    Hahaha I wish we had wild geckos where I live! Thanks!

    If he is in fact male as I suspect He'll probably grow to be somewhere around 6-7'. Females are more around the 7-8' mark.
         
        07-18-2013, 01:11 PM
      #4
    Started
    How lovely! I love his pattern. He is going to be gorgeous when he grows up.

    I too have boa constrictors and about 11 other snakes, LOL. I am hoping to start a snow breeding project this coming season.
    Alexandra V likes this.
         
        07-18-2013, 02:19 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyDreamer    
    How lovely! I love his pattern. He is going to be gorgeous when he grows up.

    I too have boa constrictors and about 11 other snakes, LOL. I am hoping to start a snow breeding project this coming season.
    Oooh snows are gorgeous!! Good luck with that :) I'm glad I'm not the only snake lady on here haha!
         
        07-18-2013, 02:33 PM
      #6
    Foal
    Another photo, he's just too photogenic!

         
        07-18-2013, 03:53 PM
      #7
    Yearling
    Oh hi I don'r know anything about snakes (aside from catching garters when I was little) but I think his name should be bowtie(s) cause his pattern looks like bowties...k thanks bye
    Alexandra V likes this.
         
        07-18-2013, 08:21 PM
      #8
    Started
    He does have a VERY nice pattern. Where did you get him? :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Alexandra V likes this.
         
        07-19-2013, 12:31 AM
      #9
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samstead    
    oh hi I don'r know anything about snakes (aside from catching garters when I was little) but I think his name should be bowtie(s) cause his pattern looks like bowties...k thanks bye
    Hehe that's a great name!! I'll have to see if he's a goofy enough snake to pull that name off :P

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyDreamer    
    He does have a VERY nice pattern. Where did you get him? :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks :) I ordered him from a big local distributor/importer so I had no idea what he was going to look like when I got him. Needless to say I lucked out with this one!
         
    Dog Forums

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Ancona Ducklings, new addition to my family! Klassic Superstar Farm Animals 1 04-26-2013 06:36 AM
    New addition to family newbierider Horse Pictures 11 05-11-2012 07:44 AM
    New addition to our family... Sonny's Lucky Pro kim_angel Horse Pictures 11 06-12-2011 09:58 PM
    A new addition to our family, Way to CUTE! HopalongCassidy General Off Topic Discussion 21 03-30-2011 04:49 PM
    update on the donkey situation and the newest addition to the horse family here! shodge22 Horse Talk 0 01-10-2011 08:34 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0