R.I.P. big boy. I will always love you. :'(
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Other Pets

R.I.P. big boy. I will always love you. :'(

This is a discussion on R.I.P. big boy. I will always love you. :'( within the Other Pets forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • R.i.p big boy

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
  #1
Green Broke
R.I.P. big boy. I will always love you. :'(

Yesterday morning we brought our big dog to the vet. He had prostate cancer.

Grizzly I will always love you. You gave me the best 11 years of my life. You were so smart. You can now run free with hip problems. No more pills. You were loved by thoughs who knew you but struck fear into the hearts of thoughs that didn't. Be free buddy.

My pore female cat is really upset. She loved him so much. Yesterday she sat where his food dish once was. Today she is running around looking and calling for him

He is the big wolf hybred in the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (56.7 KB, 111 views)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-07-2011, 03:29 PM
  #2
Started
Sorry for your loss, he is beautiful.
     
    06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
  #3
Started
Aww, I am so sorry! :(
     
    06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
  #4
Green Broke
Thanks every one. Today has been the worst so far, I kept hearing sounds outside. Grizzly was a guard dog so it's scarry not having him around.
     
    06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
  #5
Started
I bet that'd be scary!

Give yourself time to mourn, though. He sounds like he was a pretty special dog to you. Cry about your loss, reflect on it all, and mourn.

If you are looking to get another dog to fill the void, wait to do that until you have honestly moved on and done all those things listed above. Getting another dog while you are sad that you lost a beloved pet can seem like the natural thing to do but can lead to a lot of problems down the road with the new dog as far as training. Buying a new dog while you are emotionally unstable tells the new dog you yourself are not stable and can not be a good pack leader.

I know you never mentioned getting another dog but I just wanted to toss this around for you in case it crossed your mind. :) So wait until you are in good spirits again.
     
    06-07-2011, 11:07 PM
  #6
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiJumper    
I bet that'd be scary!

Give yourself time to mourn, though. He sounds like he was a pretty special dog to you. Cry about your loss, reflect on it all, and mourn.

If you are looking to get another dog to fill the void, wait to do that until you have honestly moved on and done all those things listed above. Getting another dog while you are sad that you lost a beloved pet can seem like the natural thing to do but can lead to a lot of problems down the road with the new dog as far as training. Buying a new dog while you are emotionally unstable tells the new dog you yourself are not stable and can not be a good pack leader.

I know you never mentioned getting another dog but I just wanted to toss this around for you in case it crossed your mind. :) So wait until you are in good spirits again.
This might come out as cold but I mouned a month ago. He had really gone down hill. I'm still very upset and cry about it but I know in my heart that he is beter off now.

I'm not looking to replace "him" but I'm look to rehire for his job. No other dog will ever fill the void. I'm looking to rescue a dog. Give another boy a chance at haven a good life.

I agree with you 100% though. I don't exspect a new dog to be Grizzly. I actualy keep calling Cheecho (JRT in pic) by Grizzly.

It's strange how at peace I feel, it's almost like he is trying to tell me that it's ok to move on. As I took off his collar for the vet tec to take him away he winked at me.
     
    06-08-2011, 12:29 AM
  #7
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorsesonador    
This might come out as cold but I mouned a month ago. He had really gone down hill. I'm still very upset and cry about it but I know in my heart that he is beter off now.

I'm not looking to replace "him" but I'm look to rehire for his job. No other dog will ever fill the void. I'm looking to rescue a dog. Give another boy a chance at haven a good life.

I agree with you 100% though. I don't exspect a new dog to be Grizzly. I actualy keep calling Cheecho (JRT in pic) by Grizzly.

It's strange how at peace I feel, it's almost like he is trying to tell me that it's ok to move on. As I took off his collar for the vet tec to take him away he winked at me.
No, no. I didn't feel that as being cold. I went through the same feelings with our old cat. He had deteriorated a lot during his last years with us, suffering from kidney failure and general old age. My mom and I finally came to the decision that it would be best to relieve him and euthanasia was the best option--as also agreed by our vet. We knew this time was coming and in the clinic room it was really hard but watching him relax after the sedation and afterwards, it felt good knowing he wasn't suffering anymore. There's always that bit of "uneasiness" when you realize you made the decision to end a creature's life like that but in the end, it was for the best.
     
    06-08-2011, 12:34 AM
  #8
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiJumper    
No, no. I didn't feel that as being cold. I went through the same feelings with our old cat. He had deteriorated a lot during his last years with us, suffering from kidney failure and general old age. My mom and I finally came to the decision that it would be best to relieve him and euthanasia was the best option--as also agreed by our vet. We knew this time was coming and in the clinic room it was really hard but watching him relax after the sedation and afterwards, it felt good knowing he wasn't suffering anymore. There's always that bit of "uneasiness" when you realize you made the decision to end a creature's life like that but in the end, it was for the best.
you were brave. I watched them lead him out of the room I didn't stay for the end.
     
Dog Forums

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HorseRacing-a love for the Horse or a love for the Game 321terri123 Horse Talk 7 01-14-2010 03:34 PM
I love Drafts But Love The Belgian Breed The Most Belgian Lover Horse Breeds 6 03-01-2007 06:36 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0