I had no clue….that is until today, when one of my little guys got ahold od dads Nicorette Gum. The nicotine is bad enough, but the sweetener-XYLITOL is the real killer. And it is in all sorts of artificially sweetened stuff! I had no clue. In the meantime both my boys are in the hospital at about $500/day and we are hoping for the best. We cannot say for sure that the one who is as symptomatic got none, so we are being cautious. But-this is my PSA of the day. I did not know gum could poison my dog.